Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2017, 11:09 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Do you have any confirmed examples of any God showing up at ANY injustice?
Well if He did, then you would blame Him for genocide. The death of Christ allowed for salvation through grace. Therefore God's interaction with His creation in this realm is on an individual basis. No two people walk the exact same path of life. Everyone has problems and struggles. The recent suicide death of Chester Bennington is another reminder that the best things that this life can offer still won't bring happiness.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:04 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well if He did, then you would blame Him for genocide. The death of Christ allowed for salvation through grace. Therefore God's interaction with His creation in this realm is on an individual basis. No two people walk the exact same path of life. Everyone has problems and struggles. The recent suicide death of Chester Bennington is another reminder that the best things that this life can offer still won't bring happiness.
I didn't think so.

Why would an omnipotent God require any death for salvation?

Old 08-04-2017, 12:15 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Well if He did, then you would blame Him for genocide.

How true, lol. Peace

Old 08-04-2017, 12:19 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,045,846 times
Quote:

If a god were to exist, he would certainly be responsible for genocide. How could he not be responsible?

Old 08-04-2017, 01:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Couldn't stay away, eh Viz?
We're too irresistible.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:08 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
How true, lol. Peace
It looks to me like Bible literalists are the ones trying to pin genocide on God. Others are saying God wouldn't do that or God didn't do that.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:17 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It looks to me like Bible literalists are the ones trying to pin genocide on God. Others are saying God wouldn't do that or God didn't do that.
I think they say that the genocides in the Bible were good because they were needed and we can't judge it bad because we are not God. I get the impression that everything good in the world is to God's credit and everything bad is due to man. What some of them get upset with is if we claim that if God is responsible for everything then he is responsible for the bad. I do not see how saying that if there was a God and he creates everything then how can you not say that he also created bad. And even more so is how is questioning their logic on their claim the same as saying that we don't believe in God but everything is his fault.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:06 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I think they say that the genocides in the Bible were good because they were needed and we can't judge it bad because we are not God. I get the impression that everything good in the world is to God's credit and everything bad is due to man. What some of them get upset with is if we claim that if God is responsible for everything then he is responsible for the bad. I do not see how saying that if there was a God and he creates everything then how can you not say that he also created bad. And even more so is how is questioning their logic on their claim the same as saying that we don't believe in God but everything is his fault.
That's what I heard growing up too. I think it desensitizes people to violence. These groups use it to dehumanize people. "That other person may seem like a good person but their not. God is going to destroy/send them to hell because they aren't good enough to believe the right things." And that's perfect love.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:32 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
YES, exactly!

The most conspicuous thing about this god of yours is his absence. Makes one think, doesn't it?

Old 08-04-2017, 08:44 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I see this complaint all the time, but has it ever occurred to anyone making it, that THIS REALM is NOT perfection, this is what happens when you eat of the tokogae? Yet everyone expects G-d to show up in power at every injustice, or there is no G-d. If it was the realm of perfection, none of us would be here. Peace
I assume tokogae is the forbidden fruit? Let's go over this one one more time. God created the forbidden fruit. Got put it in the garden of eden. God put Adam and Eve in the garden of eden. Gold then TOLD Adam and Eve about it! That is sooo wicked! It's quite right that everyone should expect God to show up in power at every injustice!

But why would none of us be here if it were the realm of perfection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.