Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2017, 01:45 PM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
He's easily as qualified as many that pontificate on various scientific topics.
Funny to see them constantly redefining exactly what it takes to be qualified in a field of science. The guy is directly involved in geological research and they just can't admit that very smart people out there believe in the Bible.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:52 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Funny to see them constantly redefining exactly what it takes to be qualified in a field of science. The guy is directly involved in geological research and they just can't admit that very smart people out there believe in the Bible.
Agreed. It's all about the moving goalposts.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:10 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,695,462 times
Quote:

But keep trying. I know atheists desperately want to see this park fail which is really sad and pathetic.
Actually, its not sad and pathetic, but a legitimate desire to ensure that people, especially children, are exposed to what is true instead of made-up stories and claims.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Actually, its not sad and pathetic, but a legitimate desire to ensure that people, especially children, are exposed to what is true instead of made-up stories and claims.
Or at least what you guys believe to be the truth, right?

Old 08-09-2017, 02:56 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Looks to me that this ordinance was put in place after the park. We all know that in this small town, Ken is the only one affected here. It sounds to me that the city is the one trying to pull a fast one demanding a huge payout after Ken had already built the Ark. The city is getting their money from Ken, and attendance has been quite successful this year. Ken reported 8,000 visitors on Saturday.

But keep trying. I know atheists desperately want to see this park fail which is really sad and pathetic.
It has failed...

The Ark isn’t saving its hometown from an economic flood.

A local Kentucky lawmaker said the evangelical Ark Encounter theme park hasn’t had the ripple effects on its home county that it promised.

Grant County, where the 510-foot-long recreation of Noah’s Ark from the Bible is located, is facing bankruptcy, according to local reports.

The Ark Encounter opened in July amid criticism that the theme park, which teaches a creationist theory, was receiving tax breaks from the county.

Local economy in Kentucky town that's home to Noah’s Ark theme park is drowning

Old 08-09-2017, 03:28 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Or at least what you guys believe to be the truth, right?
As opposed to what you believe to be the truth?

Old 08-09-2017, 03:39 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,661 times
Quote:
Looks to me that this ordinance was put in place after the park. We all know that in this small town, Ken is the only one affected here. It sounds to me that the city is the one trying to pull a fast one demanding a huge payout after Ken had already built the Ark. The city is getting their money from Ken, and attendance has been quite successful this year. Ken reported 8,000 visitors on Saturday.

Oh, attack, attack, attack. Your delusions of persecution are showing again, Jeff.

Ken is not the only person being affected.

Everyone in the city of Williamsburg is required to pay the tax if they charge admission.

Ken Ham charges admission to his facility, so Ken Ham must pay the tax unless there are compelling and proper reasons that he is exempt -- which does not include conveniently selling his business to skirt the wording of the law.

I'll quote again:

Quote:
The fee shall apply to every admission within the City for which a charge is made.
Every admission -- not 'Ark Encounter admission fees', not 'Ken Ham must pay' -- every business in Williamsburg must pay the admission tax.

Last edited by FredNotBob; 08-09-2017 at 03:53 PM..

Old 08-09-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It has failed...

The Ark isn’t saving its hometown from an economic flood.

A local Kentucky lawmaker said the evangelical Ark Encounter theme park hasn’t had the ripple effects on its home county that it promised.

Grant County, where the 510-foot-long recreation of Noah’s Ark from the Bible is located, is facing bankruptcy, according to local reports.

The Ark Encounter opened in July amid criticism that the theme park, which teaches a creationist theory, was receiving tax breaks from the county.

Local economy in Kentucky town that's home to Noah’s Ark theme park is drowning
So it's buyer's remorse?

Was there a promise made? DId they make a quid pro quo promise that they'd directly provide a ripple effect and if they didn't then taxes could be imposed?

Old 08-09-2017, 06:34 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
I wonder what the bumper stickers at the gift store look like.

I <3 genocide

Old 08-09-2017, 08:02 PM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Then stop teaching the lie of evolution in public schools. You have no proof that men came from primates and not God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality