Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 11:13 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The Wyoming could float but was not seaworthy. What about the rest of the article that said science does not support the Biblical tale, their words. Plus the article stated that the Ark could hypothetically float. You keep deliberately misrepresent what the word theory means in science. That is, on your part, a sure sign of dishonesty in your debating.

So now we are changing definitions again? I have to prove that Noah's Ark can survive rough seas? You know, let me just thank you for these kind of replies because they are only supporting my faith. You and your cohorts have shown me quit clearly that you refuse to accept plain as day facts and will resort to anything just to have the last word in. Not going to happen this time. I will fight you to the end on this thread. Ken Ham has done nothing wrong and his park is a success and I backed that up with hardcore facts. First, the haters tried to claim that no one was showing up to the park. That was proven wrong. So now you focused on the tax issue which is a non-issue. Even forbes agrees with me on this one:

Quote:

There has been much false speculation about the matter over a deed. The Ark Encounter, LLC, operates as a non-profit because it is wholly owned by a non-profit (the LLC is a pass-through entity for tax purposes), which is in turn owned by non-profit Answers in Genesis. To resolve any issues over the recent change in title for the Ark Encounter property, the property has been conveyed back to the Ark Encounter, LLC, and that deed has been recorded.

Grant County has benefitted enormously from Ark tourism. In Dry Ridge, many hotels, restaurants, and other tourist-related businesses are flourishing. In a spirit of cooperation, we encourage the city of Williamstown to work with more hotel developers and restaurant brands to build in the area. For its part, when Ark staff attend various civic functions, they frequently encourage entrepreneurs to build in Williamstown.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjr.../#4b9d76285e64

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post

Read up the history of the Wyoming and why it broke up in the sea. There is your proof as that was the largest wooden ship ever build and it could not take the stresses that being in the ocean. And if you dismiss the reasons due to God could do better, you could just as easily have Noah build it entirety of stone and have the same argument.

So what? The Ark was built to different specs and it's foolish to assume that the tempermant of the ocean back then exactly matched what the Wyoming dealt with.

I don't appreciate your claim of dishonesty either. More garbage claims from you. The charge was that the Ark was not sea-worthy. I posted the content from the article to address that point specifically. That doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they post.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:14 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,047,415 times
Personally, I can't believe a thread about a site like this has accumulated 189 pages. Peace

Old 08-10-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Personally, I can't believe a thread about a site like this has accumulated 189 pages. Peace
Me neither, but it just shows a level of hatred against Ken Hamm and the park. Ken could bring in 500 million in revenue to the city, and they will still find something to complain about.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:30 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
I think it stands as a fascinating display of (some) people's delusion and will probably be more popular when it re-opens as such in a couple of generations.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:51 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Me neither, but it just shows a level of hatred against Ken Hamm and the park. Ken could bring in 500 million in revenue to the city, and they will still find something to complain about.
Agreed. For people that say it's not worth their time, they sure turned out in droves to attack it. But that's how that side rolls.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:56 AM

11,029 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
You claimed that the boat was not sea worthy. Really, where is your proof? These students who know a thing or two about psychics believe it is. I'll take their opinion over yours. If theories count for nothing then fine. I'll toss out the theory of evolution. You can't have it both ways.
I wonder what those physicists actually wrote?
To quote you they said it would theoretically float. Which means its density would be slightly less than water.
From a physics pount if view that is fine using weight of the boat and its displacement.
But note that these were physicists, not boat building engineers! The craft would still break up or topple over.

But exactly what pairs of animals did they calculate on?

Old 08-10-2017, 12:03 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,661 times
Quote:
Evolution is a lie because I know God exists.
Jeff, you're probably not going to read this, but that makes no logical sense. You're effectively saying 'Birds fly because mountains are made of rock', or 'Water is wet because of Nintendo'. What does one have to do with the other?

Old 08-10-2017, 12:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,047,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Agreed. For people that say it's not worth their time, they sure turned out in droves to attack it. But that's how that side rolls.
Yep, pretty much. Peace

Old 08-10-2017, 12:13 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And the jesus worriers will be there to defend to the death. Getting rolled over and over

Old 08-10-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I wonder what those physicists actually wrote?
To quote you they said it would theoretically float. Which means its density would be slightly less than water.
From a physics pount if view that is fine using weight of the boat and its displacement.
But note that these were physicists, not boat building engineers! The craft would still break up or topple over.

But exactly what pairs of animals did they calculate on?
Oh so now I have to find boat builders engineers. But then you would just shift the goal posts again and say I need wooden boat builders. Then you would say I need only wooden boat builder with a degree in ancient sea craft construction. Oh wait, degrees don't mean you have any intelligence. I forgot that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality