Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 04:09 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I have one of those "Creative Science Museums" four blocks from my doorstep. Not going to pay $$$ to have fairy tales be told. The thing is a joke around town, and it rarely gets visitors. Yet the antique tool museum our historical society just opened is visited by hundreds every week, and it is literally right next door. Don't forget, we are a very small village of 350 people in the middle of nowhere. Like the Ark Encounter.
Maybe you can ask them at the Creative Science Museums if you can get in for free? I'm sure you could learn something positive rather than just spewing negativity about Christians.

Quote:
Oh, and our historical society got NO public funding.
That is their fault, not the Christian's nor Ken Ham's.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So the bible must be telling the truth why it is OK to keep slaves, and why people should be stoned, and why children should be killed by their parents etc. etc.

I can get better moral guidance from Grimm Fairy Tales.

But then those originated from pagans, ones not influenced by a god of terror that you worship.
I am curious why my posts are deleted when they go off topic but yours always escapes the hatchet? some of your posts are a blatant disregard for the thread.

If you want to open a new thread on the Bible's perspective on slaves, I'd be happy to oblige you. But I can't in this thread because if I do, it will be deleted. Not yours, for some strange reason, mine. Just mine. I'm not questioning the reasons nor the motives of the mods. They surely do a great job of moderating. But your post has nothing to do with the Ark park.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Hmm. What I find interesting is that some people can read tales of "God" committing genocide and ordering people to do the same, yet perceive him as "good". And excuse it by saying "well, it was just one or two instances", as if it were a matter of no consequence. Genocide is evil, not good.
What I find interesting is that some people can take a magnifying glass to one thing they perceive as "wrong" with the Ark display rather than seeing all the really wonderful things about it.

And your post above is proof that there are people out there who take a microscope to the Bible when they see a supposed injustice and say "THIS IS ALL THE BIBLE IS ABOUT. NOTHING ELSE!!!!!"

Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I do find it unfortunate that people may learn of or read something in The Bible that is, to them, negative or off-putting and so they discard it all, thinking there could be nothing of worth in it to them. Or who feel that, just because they are not a Christian themselves, they'd get nothing out of it. Because there is much worth and wisdom in there.
There are probably even people who see something wrong with "God so loves the world." or when the Bible talks about Christ's love. Some people are so filled with hatred and vitriol that there is just nothing you can do for them. Such people, if they were given a thousand dollar check as a gift would bit*h and bit*h about it being written in a color they don't approve of and never see the kindness of the gift.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:24 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Maybe atheists should visit it to learn the truth about Noah's ark and flood. Then they could visit the Creation museum to learn more? Just a thought. What else would you do with your time off?

Or you could read a geology text, especially in stratigraphy and find out lots of problems with the entire creationist idea of flood geology. I have read many books and loads of creationists websites in the search of finding out what they are speaking about. Regardless of if there is a God or not, flood geology is only possible. But no matter how much you belittle us for not studying about what you believe in it seems to me that you refuse to do the same and actually learn about geology and evolution, biogeography, geomorphology, physics etc.

I spend much of my time off with my family, with my hobbies and learning more about the world I live in. If the museum is as bad in logic as the flood books I have read I would not drive across the continent, spend 40 buck plus parking to read what you consider facts and truths. Or I can just take a walk 20 minutes from my home and see sediments that require the defying of gravity and logic to have been laid down the way they were.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Or you could read a geology text, especially in stratigraphy and find out lots of problems with the entire creationist idea of flood geology. I have read many books and loads of creationists websites in the search of finding out what they are speaking about. Regardless of if there is a God or not, flood geology is only possible. But no matter how much you belittle us for not studying about what you believe in it seems to me that you refuse to do the same and actually learn about geology and evolution, biogeography, geomorphology, physics etc.

I spend much of my time off with my family, with my hobbies and learning more about the world I live in. If the museum is as bad in logic as the flood books I have read I would not drive across the continent, spend 40 buck plus parking to read what you consider facts and truths. Or I can just take a walk 20 minutes from my home and see sediments that require the defying of gravity and logic to have been laid down the way they were.
Think positive: if you went there you could help employ people in a very poor state.
And you never know, you might learn that what you've learned about the flood is all wrong. You can't just a book by its Ark you know.
Interesting that there are plenty of books on geology and find them to agree with a world-wide flood and they weren't even written by Christians.

Last edited by Eusebius; 07-11-2016 at 04:47 PM..

Old 07-11-2016, 05:27 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
What I find interesting is that some people can take a magnifying glass to one thing they perceive as "wrong" with the Ark display rather than seeing all the really wonderful things about it.
What is wonderful about it? That an ark of that size could not possibly have accommodated 7 pair of every clean animal and 1 pair of every unclean animal, making the tale likely untrue? That if true countless innocent children were drowned?

Quote:
And your post above is proof that there are people out there who take a microscope to the Bible when they see a supposed injustice and say "THIS IS ALL THE BIBLE IS ABOUT. NOTHING ELSE!!!!!"
Supposed injustice? Meaning some possibility exists that genocide is just?

Old 07-11-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
What is wonderful about it? That an ark of that size could not possibly have accommodated 7 pair of every clean animal and 1 pair of every unclean animal, making the tale likely untrue? That if true countless innocent children were drowned?

Supposed injustice? Meaning some possibility exists that genocide is just?
Which you continue to prove my point. Some people cut off their nose to spite their face.

Had God done nothing to stop the extreme evil by a flood, if it continued unabated to this day, if the extreme evil didn't wipe out all humanity first, you'd be on your rooftop yelling at the top of your voice "IF THERE IS A GOD, WHY DOESN'T HE DO ANYTHING TO STOP THIS EVIL?!!!!!"

There is plenty of good regarding the Ark park.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:31 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
There are probably even people who see something wrong with "God so loves the world." or when the Bible talks about Christ's love. Some people are so filled with hatred and vitriol that there is just nothing you can do for them. Such people, if they were given a thousand dollar check as a gift would bit*h and bit*h about it being written in a color they don't approve of and never see the kindness of the gift.
God doesn't so love the world. That's the problem.

BTW, using common sense is not the same thing as being filled with hatred and vitriol.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:33 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Exactly.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.