Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 05:52 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But God does love the world even if you don't think He does.

If one used common sense they wouldn't say the things you do about the bible.
So in some places the rain was fresh and other places it was salty or did for the period of the flood marine animals have the ability to survive fresh water? I find all the rationale for defending the flood story create more problems than it solves.

I noted in your other post you invited me to read some pro flood books so I am wondering for you have read mainstream geology ones or books on evolution or geomorphology? Or does this learning only supposed to go one way?

Even from the photos showing the ark encounter that they are promoting much of the already published nonsense such as fossils sorting in water according to some scheme but does it account for sorting and lack of sorting of sediments?

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
He was "tenderly compassionate" right before he drowned them.
In fact He was. Look what 100 years of pleading did. Geesh, you just don't get it do you?

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
No. Google them or go to Amazon and buy them yourself.

Even I don't agree with Ken Ham on everything. But I can learn even from people I disagree with even if it is to learn how and why we disagree.

Sure, there are billions of poor people on this planet and what have you don't this week to help them?
Wait a minute, does the Bible claim that Badlander so loves the world, or that God does? Does the Bible claim that Badlander is all powerful, or that God is? What has God done this week to help the billions of poor?

Old 07-11-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So in some places the rain was fresh and other places it was salty or did for the period of the flood marine animals have the ability to survive fresh water? I find all the rationale for defending the flood story create more problems than it solves.

I noted in your other post you invited me to read some pro flood books so I am wondering for you have read mainstream geology ones or books on evolution or geomorphology? Or does this learning only supposed to go one way?

Even from the photos showing the ark encounter that they are promoting much of the already published nonsense such as fossils sorting in water according to some scheme but does it account for sorting and lack of sorting of sediments?
If you want to open another thread on the viability of the flood, I might join in. But this is about the Ark park. mensaguy has said a couple times now to keep on topic.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute, does the Bible claim that Badlander so loves the world, or that God does? Does the Bible claim that Badlander is all powerful, or that God is? What has God done this week to help the billions of poor?
That seems rather hypocritical. What did you do this week to help the billions of poor? Take out the beam first out of your own eye so you can clearly see to extract it out of others.

GET BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
That was not a statement given to all mankind. It was a statement given to a few disciples.
Why is it that God will not do as much as even a wicked man is willing to do?

Quote:
That being the case, in what way does God love those 3.1 million innocent children? He is going to save every last one of them. Philippians 2:8-11 shows that glorious day. I don't see anyone complaining in that day, so why do you lodge a complaint?
Well, according to the Bible, which has already proved to be full of untruths and contradictions. Why would this particular promise be somehow different?

Old 07-11-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Why is it that God will not do as much as even a wicked man is willing to do?

Well, according to the Bible, which has already proved to be full of untruths and contradictions. Why would this particular promise be somehow different?
Sorry, that is not the topic of the thread.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
In fact He was. Look what 100 years of pleading did. Geesh, you just don't get it do you?
I don't think I'm the one who doesn't get it. If I am "tenderly compassionate" to someone right before I murder them, is that a valid defense? Is my crime then excused? Am I somehow not a murderer?

Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:

Having a hard time finding them.

I remember Talk radio host John Stewart asking John Morris (a geological engineer at the ICR) if he or any of his associates had ever heard of a scientists who became convinced that the earth and the universe is only thousands of years old and a global flood based on the scientific evidence, without any reference to a particular interpretation of the Bible. Morris answered honestly, “No.” Stewart has since asked the same question of several other prominent young-universe proponents, and the answer has been consistent — No.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:03 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:

Even I don't agree with Ken Ham on everything. But I can learn even from people I disagree with even if it is to learn how and why we disagree.

Sure, there are billions of poor people on this planet and what have you don't this week to help them?
Sure just Google books by non Christian real geologists who support global flood and I get icr and a couple of books I have already read that do not support the flood. You made a claim but I am not going to spend my free time searching for a book that may or may not exist.

You told me that it was poor people in Kentucky I should support not anyone else, it would cost me at least a grand to g9 see this museum. I do not support anti science groups anymore then I support racists, sexists, anti environmental or anti pet organizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.