Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 06:05 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That seems rather hypocritical. What did you do this week to help the billions of poor? Take out the beam first out of your own eye so you can clearly see to extract it out of others.

GET BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE.
It's not the least bit hypocritical. Hypocrisy is to claim one thing yet do another. I do not claim to so love the world and be all powerful, yet refuse to help those who suffer through no fault of their own.

Last edited by Petunia 100; 07-11-2016 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-11-2016, 06:06 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Having a hard time finding them.

I remember Talk radio host John Stewart asking John Morris (a geological engineer at the ICR) if he or any of his associates had ever heard of a scientists who became convinced that the earth and the universe is only thousands of years old and a global flood based on the scientific evidence, without any reference to a particular interpretation of the Bible. Morris answered honestly, “No.” Stewart has since asked the same question of several other prominent young-universe proponents, and the answer has been consistent — No.
And some people gave up geology because the data conflicted with their religious beliefs. Those people are much more honest than Ham or Morris. I have read at least one book by Morris, not impressed by either his writing or that of Gish.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Sorry, that is not the topic of the thread.
I understand. You have no answer. Not your fault, because there isn't one. Our reality and the Bible simply do not line up. The only logical conclusion is unthinkable to you. You prefer denial; I do not.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:09 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
If you want to open another thread on the viability of the flood, I might join in. But this is about the Ark park. mensaguy has said a couple times now to keep on topic.
Sorry I thought this thread was about a museum dedicated to the flood and claiming it to be true. This claim might have some bearing on who wants to attend said musuem.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:10 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Just look how massive this representation of Noah's ark is!
With three internal levels, there was plenty of room to store all the food for the animals and plenty of room for the representative animals of the world.
If I were living back then and saw this ark I would have thought it was one of the great wonders of the world.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:13 PM

I wouldn't visit the Ark Park if it were next door to me and entrance was free. It's just silly.

The use of public monies to fund it though is not silly; it's outrageous.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:16 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And some people gave up geology because the data conflicted with their religious beliefs. Those people are much more honest than Ham or Morris. I have read at least one book by Morris, not impressed by either his writing or that of Gish.
Here is probably the best essay on the rise of Geology and its effect on the Church's thinking of the day.

Paper - Michael Roberts: Genesis and Geology Unearthed History

This is not talking about evolution, just geology which is ontopic to the Flood which is the point of the Ark museum.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I wouldn't visit the Ark Park if it were next door to me and entrance was free. It's just silly.

The use of public monies to fund it though is not silly; it's outrageous.
I would visit the Ark Park if it was next door to me and cost $100.00 entrance fee.

The use of public monies to fund it was a really good use of money. For generations to come, children will see the enormity of the Ark and how functional it was. It will de-brainwash them from the atheist agenda taught them in schools.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:

Just look how massive this representation of Noah's ark is!
With three internal levels, there was plenty of room to store all the food for the animals and plenty of room for the representative animals of the world.
If I were living back then and saw this ark I would have thought it was one of the great wonders of the world.
But it isn't, though. The Ark was much smaller than a cruise ship, which seem a bit crowded with just 5,000 passengers and re-supplying food every few days. Tens of millions of animals plus food to feed them all for more than a year? Laughable.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Here is probably the best essay on the rise of Geology and its effect on the Church's thinking of the day.

Paper - Michael Roberts: Genesis and Geology Unearthed History
And what does that have to do with Ken Ham's Opening Day at the Ark.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.