Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 09:23 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I wonder how they ventilated all that methane? What did the critters eat when they were released? No plants, and those meat eaters must have looked at those herbivores with drooling tongues. I wonder what spin the fairy tale believers of the Ark story could cobble together on those questions.

I'll bet dollars to donuts not one tries.
Indeed. Apart from the monumental task of storing enough food for the critters to eat and keeping it edible for a year (I think the total time is a year or so), there wasn't a thing to eat when they all slithered down the muddy slopes of Ararat.

Eusebius tried to argue for grass growing quickly enough to feed the herbivores, but the sheep would have eaten that up quickly enough, quite apart from the carnivores devouring all the herbivores in the first month.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:41 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
There were no animals on the ark.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:55 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
There are probably even people who see something wrong with "God so loves the world." or when the Bible talks about Christ's love. Some people are so filled with hatred and vitriol that there is just nothing you can do for them. Such people, if they were given a thousand dollar check as a gift would bit*h and bit*h about it being written in a color they don't approve of and never see the kindness of the gift.
God so loved the world that he sends everyone to hell who does not love him back. And the "God is going to save everyone" universalist belief is BS that Christ himself did not subscribe to. Christ as recorded in the gospels, did talk quite assuredly about the eternal weeping and gnashing of teeth. All that talk of love and redemption interspersed with threats of eternal torture - pardon me, but I do see a problem with it.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
There were no animals on the ark.
There was no Ark for animals to be on.

(caveat: if reason and evidence counts for anything; the "Santa" dictum applies, as always).

And that is Thread -end, I'd say until there is more feedback on how Harmm's Akk is doing.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-12-2016 at 02:39 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 02:37 AM

11,025 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Some of our members here think the Flintstones was a series of documentaries. Many lusted after Betty.
Whadda you mean THINK? Weren't they?

LOL, that was funny! It just somehow seems so appropriate.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:41 AM

11,025 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
I wonder how they ventilated all that methane?
Methane! That's it! That's how those critters survived all those months at sea without food. They were anesthetizing themselves!

Old 07-12-2016, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Whadda you mean THINK? Weren't they?

LOL, that was funny! It just somehow seems so appropriate.
It's odd, I've always had an erotic hunger for the Hotties of history...Helen of Troy, Nefertiti, Lady Wu, Lucretia Borgia, Nell Gwynn, Catherine Howard, Theodora, Betty Rubble...

Old 07-12-2016, 03:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The Bible doesn't lie.
Yes it does and provably so.

Quote:
Had God done nothing to stop the extreme evil by a flood, if it continued unabated to this day, if the extreme evil didn't wipe out all humanity first, you'd be on your rooftop yelling at the top of your voice "IF THERE IS A GOD, WHY DOESN'T HE DO ANYTHING TO STOP THIS EVIL?!!!!!"
...and again Edgar looses sight of the alleged omnimax qualities of Yahweh....who, if we are to believe what the Bible says about him, only needs to snap his fingers to do anything he wants.

Quote:
There is plenty of good regarding the Ark park.
I agree. It will enforce the reality that people who believe such a story are off their heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Well, why wouldn't an all-powerful God stop evil, rather than committing it himself?
Quite. All omnimax god needs to do is 'blow' and the problem is solved. No need to kill anyone.

Quote:
No, Noah's ark carried representatives of 7.7 million species. And some of those species didn't even need to be on the ark to survive such as the water animals.
You have been debunked on this a dozen times Edgar. Your flood would have resulted in a mixing of fresh and salt waters. Freshwater fish can not survive in salt water nor salt water fish in fresh water...and that's before we add millions of tons of mud and debris to clog fish gills and cause suffocation.

Quote:
No. Google them or go to Amazon and buy them yourself.
Typical fundie answer. There's plenty of evidence but you'll have to find it yourself.

Quote:
If I were living back then and saw this ark I would have thought it was one of the great wonders of the world.
People with your type of primitive thinking would probably think that a pencil was 'witchcraft'.

Last edited by Rafius; 07-12-2016 at 03:11 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post

I agree. It will enforce the reality that people who believe such a story are off their heads.

RAOTFLMFAO. Rep coming your way (when I can). Eusebius almost merits one for his incoherent skreetch, but I'm saving it for the day when he posts "Looks like I was mistaken ", and the world will come to an end.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:27 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:

Just look how massive this representation of Noah's ark is!
With three internal levels, there was plenty of room to store all the food for the animals and plenty of room for the representative animals of the world.
If I were living back then and saw this ark I would have thought it was one of the great wonders of the world.
Is that an ark Eusebius? Dose an ark have a bow and a keel?

Idiot can't even get that correct.

Another question Eusebi, how did they see down inside with the boat/ark only having one window?

Candles and torches on a wooden boat full of flammable hair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality