Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 09:51 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Is your church in Ohio?
South Central Nebraska. About 800 miles away. I'm just in the pre-pre-pre-planning stage, but we'll see if we can fill a chartered bus and do a road trip.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:08 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So then you don't believe in evolution? You don't believe the kinds we have today could have evolved from the kinds that he saved? Geepers, atheists are so inconsistent.
So fundamentalists now accept evolution? Interesting. The particular brand of fundamentalism in which I was raised did not. Why then is this ark story still being clung to as truth?

Old 07-12-2016, 10:12 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Bible does say two of each unclean beast. Noah was to take a pair of each unclean beast and and 7 pairs of each clean beast.

Gen 7:2 Of every clean beast you are to take to you seven by seven, the sire and his dam, and of the beast which is not clean, of it a pair, the sire and his dam.

Ken Ham's ark shows there was plenty of room for them.
Yes, it does in 7:2. In 6:20, which I quoted, it does not.

So how about answering the question asked?

Old 07-12-2016, 10:13 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's a public attraction that will bring a lot of people into the area. I'm planning a group bus trip next summer and we'll likely see if we can take in a Reds game while we're there.
I've been to a Reds game. You will enjoy that.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
So fundamentalists now accept evolution? Interesting. The particular brand of fundamentalism in which I was raised did not.
Some do. Others don't. I think what Jeff is talking about is the notion of natural selection. When finches with longer beaks survived and the short-beaked finches died, Darwin assumed they were evolving longer beaks to reach seeds. When food became more abundant, finches with shorter beaks survived and reproduced more. They were still birds, and they did not evolve. But animals will survive if they are suited to their environment.

I have no problem believing my neighbor's chihuahuas descended from the same ancestor as my other neighbor's mastiffs. They are all dogs. I have no problem believing they're all descended from the same ancestor as a wolf. They're all canines.

For the same reason Africans tend to be darker-skinned. My fair-skinned wife of Danish ancestry would not have done well in Africa. On the other hand, people in the arctic tend to have eyes shaped to allow less light in -- which is beneficial when they stare out at a field of white snow reflecting sunlight.

Certain traits are emphasized according to environment.

Last edited by Vizio; 07-12-2016 at 10:33 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 10:36 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Yes, it does in 7:2. In 6:20, which I quoted, it does not.

So how about answering the question asked?
And of every beast and of every moving animal and of every living animal of all flesh, a pair from all, are you to bring into the ark, to preserve alive with you. Male and female shall they be. Of every bird of the flyer for its from-kind, and of every beast for its from-kind, and of every moving animal moving on the ground for its from-kind. Pairs of all shall come to you, to preserve alive, male and female.
(Gen 6:19-20)

7:2 further explains to Noah what was expected concerning all the pairs of animals that would come to him.

Of every clean beast you are to take to you seven by seven, the sire and his dam, and of the beast which is not clean, of it a pair, the sire and his dam. And, moreover, of the clean flyer of the heavens seven by seven, male and female, and of the flyer which is not clean, of it a pair, male and female, to keep alive seed on the surface of the entire earth.
(Gen 7:2-3)

That is allowed, you know.
What question? Oh, this question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100
The Bible says two of every kind of animal. Are you saying the Bible is incorrect on this point?

No, I'm saying the Bible is correct on this point.

Last edited by Eusebius; 07-12-2016 at 10:49 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 10:43 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's a public attraction that will bring a lot of people into the area. I'm planning a group bus trip next summer and we'll likely see if we can take in a Reds game while we're there.
Are you going to include an afternoon at Cincy's Museum of Science and Natural History? Or will you be limiting your educational sojourn to Ham's version of science and natural history?

Old 07-12-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Are you going to include an afternoon at Cincy's Museum of Science and Natural History? Or will you be limiting your educational sojourn to Ham's version of science and natural history?
Answer the question Vizio! Just answer the question! Geesh! It's a simple question Vizio! Just answer it! For all that is good and just, just answer the question!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
There will probably be some free time. If people want to do that instead of the game, (or the Ark encounter), they are free to do so. Is the Cincinatti Museum of Science and Natural history that big of a draw that people come from 800 miles away? I honestly know nothing about that particular museum. If so, great! I would hope some would go check it out.

The main focus of the trip will be to see the Ark Encounter exhibit, though.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Center of Science and Industry in Columbus, Ohio is another really good place to go. One can learn lots there. I've been there before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.