Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 11:44 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
We'll that blows the baby dinosaur hypothesis!
Not that it matters to me but, why does it blow it?

Old 07-12-2016, 11:49 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Eusie has a theory that Noah used freeze dried foods to feed all the animals. It is unknown if Ham's ark includes a display of Noah preparing freeze dried Aardvark Chow.
Theory, yes. All the animals, no. The problem was brought up that Koalas ate only eucalyptus leaves but they do eat other leaves of other trees as well. And so the person said they had to be fresh leaves. That is why I said it is possible Noah had freeze dried eucalyptus leaves. Over a thousand years ago some South American tribes were freeze drying potatoes and other foods. So it isn't out of the question Noah could do the same. Maybe Ham does have a display of freeze dried food for the koalas?

Old 07-12-2016, 11:56 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Some do. Others don't. I think what Jeff is talking about is the notion of natural selection. When finches with longer beaks survived and the short-beaked finches died, Darwin assumed they were evolving longer beaks to reach seeds. When food became more abundant, finches with shorter beaks survived and reproduced more. They were still birds, and they did not evolve. But animals will survive if they are suited to their environment.

I have no problem believing my neighbor's chihuahuas descended from the same ancestor as my other neighbor's mastiffs. They are all dogs. I have no problem believing they're all descended from the same ancestor as a wolf. They're all canines.

For the same reason Africans tend to be darker-skinned. My fair-skinned wife of Danish ancestry would not have done well in Africa. On the other hand, people in the arctic tend to have eyes shaped to allow less light in -- which is beneficial when they stare out at a field of white snow reflecting sunlight.

Certain traits are emphasized according to environment.

Natural selection? Too bad Darwin never thought of that. Oh wait it is part of the title of his book and what the entire book is about.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Natural selection? Too bad Darwin never thought of that. Oh wait it is part of the title of his book and what the entire book is about.
Yes. We believe in natural selection. But a bird does not evolve into a frog or vice versa.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Theory, yes. All the animals, no. The problem was brought up that Koalas ate only eucalyptus leaves but they do eat other leaves of other trees as well. And so the person said they had to be fresh leaves. That is why I said it is possible Noah had freeze dried eucalyptus leaves. Over a thousand years ago some South American tribes were freeze drying potatoes and other foods. So it isn't out of the question Noah could do the same. Maybe Ham does have a display of freeze dried food for the koalas?
Why would we assume that koalas were the same animal at the time of the flood and that their diets were that specialized? They certainly COULD have eaten other plants -- perhaps something not around now.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:23 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Yes. We believe in natural selection. But a bird does not evolve into a frog or vice versa.
Of course not , if that was to happen the theory of evolution would have to be totally discarded.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:24 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
But one small dinosaur can evolve into more than 700 species, some of them quite gigantic, and all die off quickly enough so that there is no mention of their existence in recorded history. Does that make sense to you, or do you reject Ham's theory?

Old 07-12-2016, 12:25 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
I'd encourage you to go check it out. If I can get this trip I'm dreaming of off the ground, I'll meet you there and we can spend a day in the Ark Encounter and a day in the Natural history museum. Deal?
It would have to be mid December or next year end of May. Somehow the open borders between Canada and the US still require me to come back for 6 months

Of course, I could just walk 4 blocks and see what the Creation Science museum in my village has to say. I'm sure they are singing off the same song sheet. Then I would go down and see the world class Paleo Museum 40 miles down the road. For the 4th time. I know employees there, so I get a behind the scenes tour.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:26 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
We'll that blows the baby dinosaur hypothesis!
Yes, it does.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
It would have to be mid December or next year end of May. Somehow the open borders between Canada and the US still require me to come back for 6 months
Aw shucks....December tends to be a busy month for me, what with Christmas and all. And the end of May I'm in Rapid City, SD probably for a required conference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality