Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 07:02 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Now now...I'm not Neil Degrasse Tyson.
You got that right!
Quote:
Truth matters to me.
It's clear that truth matters much more to Neil Degrasse Tyson then you.
Quote:
We don't believe we can just invent "facts" to suit our narrative.
Why would you? You have no "facts" to back up your narrative. However, you do believe that you can present your bible nonsense as facts...when it's nothing more than a man invented folklore/religion...just like all religions and superstitions.

You seriously think Noah's Ark is fact?

Old 07-12-2016, 07:07 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I view the Ark and many stories from the Old Testament the same way I view the legends of my tribal folklore, myths, and traditional creation stories. Except the Bible stories come from Jewish tribal beliefs, folklore, myths, etc.
Well, of course that is what any reasonable, logical, relatively knowledgeable person would think.

Sadly for you, ONLY THE JUDEO-CHRISTIAN HOLY TEXTS ARE REAL. ALL OTHERS ARE JUST MADE UP TALES!

Oh, and if you don't believe this, yer gonna die and be tormented for all eternity.

Have a nice day. Please come again.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:09 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,184 times
Quote:
Actually, 4,000 on the first day IS pretty significant. It's a lot more than I ever thought would be there. And to be honest, I don't even care how many were there nor how many in the future will be there.

Even if it was VIP or media driven, it's still a lot of people IMO. Maybe it's because I am now living in a rural area. The nearest LARGE town is 5000 people, and given what I know about them, I would say fully 1/2 would probably visit this Ark theme park or dogma park, whatever it's called. Of course, all the locals would have to bring their Trump signs and their right to carry and their Obama-hating signs.

If I were to argue about the plausibility of the actual biblical event, I would interject humor.

or

All humor aside, I worked at a Natural History Museum for a short period and the collection of fauna from our planets history is mind boggling. Even the megafauna that was present 80,000 years to 15,000 years BP is pretty significant.

I view the Ark and many stories from the Old Testament the same way I view the legends of my tribal folklore, myths, and traditional creation stories. Except the Bible stories come from Jewish tribal beliefs, folklore, myths, etc.

Except they copied even older myths from the area. The Etruscans, Babylonians, Phonecians, Chaldeans and Persians had virtually all the elements of the story way, way before the Hebrews adopted it. Gilgamesh came much later, and of course we all know that the Noah Ark story replicated it.

Christians just will not admit that their story is stolen and adapted from others who had it first. And charlatans like Ken Ham tries to, and often succeeds, in continuing to pull the wool over willing victims.

It amazes me that in the 21st century that these stories are still believed, verbatim.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:10 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Well, of course that is what any reasonable, logical, relatively knowledgeable person would think.

Sadly for you, ONLY
THE JUDEO-CHRISTIANHOLY TEXTS ARE REAL. ALL OTHERS ARE JUST MADE UP TALES!

Oh, and if you don't believe this, yer gonna die and be tormented for all eternity.

Funny, you never see jews using this term...

Old 07-12-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:

Sadly for you, ONLY THE JUDEO-CHRISTIAN HOLY TEXTS ARE REAL. ALL OTHERS ARE JUST MADE UP TALES!

Don't forget, Muslims think the Ark was real also. I wonder if Ken Ham will market his fantasy land in Detroit?

Old 07-12-2016, 07:26 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,533,523 times
Quote:

LOL. Thank you, Griffis.

Don't make me come over to the ark and light a match!

Old 07-12-2016, 07:30 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,533,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
[/b]

Except they copied even older myths from the area. The Etruscans, Babylonians, Phonecians, Chaldeans and Persians had virtually all the elements of the story way, way before the Hebrews adopted it. Gilgamesh came much later, and of course we all know that the Noah Ark story replicated it.

Christians just will not admit that their story is stolen and adapted from others who had it first. And charlatans like Ken Ham tries to, and often succeeds, in continuing to pull the wool over willing victims.

It amazes me that in the 21st century that these stories are still believed, verbatim
Sadly, I know this all too well. I'm just glad the gay penguin couple snuck on board.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Sadly, I know this all too well. I'm just glad the gay penguin couple snuck on board.
No, no, no. You have it all wrong!

It was the gay dinosaur and unicorn couple. We still have penguins, but the other two, alas, are no longer with us.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:20 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Such desperation. I live in the real world. People are struggling. Cheap gas ain't going to make a difference. Those are the facts not the liberal distortion that somehow jacking up a minimum wage means more money and disposable income.
I don't know what "real world" you are living in, but in my city there are 7 major new hotels under construction right now. Seven. The biggest and grandest with be the 50 story W / Element hotel. Why would we require a couple of thousand new hotel rooms that we didn't have just a few years ago? Could it be that 2015 broke all records for tourism in this city's history? Cruise ship companies are not struggling. Disney is not struggling. Six Flags is not struggling. Beach resorts are not struggling.

Back on topic: the one thing that bothered me about this project is the fact that to be employed at this attraction you had to profess religious beliefs exactly conforming with the administrations. That means no Jews, no Buddhists, no Hindus need apply. If they want to discriminate then how do they dare apply for taxpayer funding? I mean not all taxpayers conform to Ken Ham's personal religious beliefs.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I don't know what "real world" you are living in, but in my city there are 7 major new hotels under construction right now. Seven. The biggest and grandest with be the 50 story W / Element hotel. Why would we require a couple of thousand new hotel rooms that we didn't have just a few years ago? Could it be that 2015 broke all records for tourism in this city's history? Cruise ship companies are not struggling. Disney is not struggling. Six Flags is not struggling. Beach resorts are not struggling.

Back on topic: the one thing that bothered me about this project is the fact that to be employed at this attraction you had to profess religious beliefs exactly conforming with the administrations. That means no Jews, no Buddhists, no Hindus need apply. If they want to discriminate then how do they dare apply for taxpayer funding? I mean not all taxpayers conform to Ken Ham's personal religious beliefs.
Especially since Jews and Muslims believe in Noah's adventure as much as Christians do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality