Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 03:41 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,541,906 times

Advertisements

I would go to opening day of Noah's Ark, uh, never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
. You can take your vomit of pity and swallow it.
Daaaaaa-Yummm!

Old 07-13-2016, 03:44 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Okay.

"Only 101 years after the Flood, evil abounded again; and therefore, as the Bible tells us, “the earth was divided.” This occurred at the Tower of Babel, when God confounded the languages, and people began to be scattered about the earth. The Tower of Babel incident occurred at about 2247 B. C . And it is soon after this point that Chinese history begins. " Source: Ancient Chinese History in Light of the Book of Genesis

and there could have been close to a million people on earth in that time.

So let me get this straight. The flood killed all humanity except for 8 people. Noah, his sons and their wives. YET, only 101 years after the flood, evil abounded again? My god, were they trailer park trash? How can the descendants of Noah go evil in only 101 years, which caused god to all of a sudden make their descendants to all start talking different languages?
It just goes to prove that due to death operating in humans that all sin and are wanting of the glory of God. This actually proves the Bible to be correct. Concerning your 101 year idea, according to this Jewish rabbi, the tower of babel occurred 339 years after Noah left the ark:
Ask the Rabbi, JewishAnswers.org » Noah, Tower of Babel, & Population Growth

And yes, of course if God is powerful enough to create the heavens and earth, He is surely powerful enough to cause there to be different language groups.

Now back to our regulary scheduled program. I think Ken Ham did a great job in building his ark representation. Of course no one knows exactly what the ark looked like but we do have the dimensions in the historic account of Genesis. I hope to see it some day soon.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Actually, as has been pointed out many times, it's because any reasonable, rational person realizes the tale of Noah's ark is allegorical. Symbolic. Mythical. In part because it couldn't possibly have happened the way The Bible depicts it. Even large numbers of Christians are aware of this.
No, actually trully reasonable, rational people do in fact realize the reality of the world-wide flood in Noah's day and we have the historic account in the Bible to back up that claim. You, on the other hand, only have your flippant remarks. Even Jesus and other writers of the Bible knew it was a real event.

Probably a thousand years from now atheists will be saying there never was a Ken Ham ark in Kentucky. No one who is reasonable and rational would believe that. There is nothing to prove it was ever there!

Old 07-13-2016, 03:50 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
I see Jimmy Carter believes in evolution as well as God.
...as any reasonable, rational believer can. There is no reason creation and evolution cannot co-exist in a belief system. We have no idea whether or not a god or gods exist, or whether or not we and the entire cosmos were "created" by such a being or beings. It's simply more than any human knows, or likely ever will.

Could be there is a god or gods who did create everything. No evidence to support this, but I can understand why people believe it.

But evolution, we know, actually happens (!) All this means is that, whatever being or beings created the universe of living matter and energy and therefore reality and existence as we know it, saw it fit, in their wisdom, to utilize evolution as a tool for the growth and development of the living things created by them.

How is it people get so hung up on this? Many, many good Christians and true understand and accept this (and haven't been struck dead by a bolt of lightning.)

Why are fundamentalists/literalists so invested in disbelieving what we know is true just to supposedly safeguard their insistence that The Bible is a 100% accurate and valid history textbook?

I find it odd.

There is no reason whatsoever a relatively bright person wouldn't be able to believe in both a Creator and in evolution.

It's only a problem if your "faith" is so rigid, brittle, shallow and weak it can't contain more than one narrow, very narrow view. This is unnecessary and unfortunate.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
...as any reasonable, rational believer can. There is no reason creation and evolution cannot co-exist in a belief system. We have no idea whether or not a god or gods exist, or whether or not we and the entire cosmos were "created" by such a being or beings. It's simply more than any human knows, or likely ever will.

Could be there is a god or gods who did create everything. No evidence to support this, but I can understand why people believe it.

But evolution, we know, actually happens (!) All this means is that, whatever being or beings created the universe of living matter and energy and therefore reality and existence as we know it, saw it fit, in their wisdom, to utilize evolution as a tool for the growth and development of the living things created by them.

How is it people get so hung up on this? Many, many good Christians and true understand and accept this (and haven't been struck dead by a bolt of lightning.)

Why are fundamentalists/literalists so invested in disbelieving what we know is true just to supposedly safeguard their insistence that The Bible is a 100% accurate and valid history textbook?

I find it odd.

There is no reason whatsoever a relatively bright person wouldn't be able to believe in both a Creator and in evolution.

It's only a problem if your "faith" is so rigid, brittle, shallow and weak it can't contain more than one narrow, very narrow view. This is unnecessary and unfortunate.
Any reasonable person would post according to the wants of the moderators and keep within the guidelines of this thread and stay within the thread's premise concerning Ken Ham's Opening Day at the Ark. #FAIL only 4000 show up.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:56 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Any reasonable person would post according to the wants of the moderators and keep within the guidelines of this thread and stay within the thread's premise concerning Ken Ham's Opening Day at the Ark. #FAIL only 4000 show up.
I was responding to a poster who mentioned Jimmy Carter visiting the Ark Museum. that count? Or am I the only one to be singled out by you for veering a bit off topic (which you yourself, of course, could never be accused of)?

Old 07-13-2016, 04:05 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,541,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Concerning your 101 year idea, according to this Jewish rabbi, the tower of babel occurred 339 years after Noah left the ark:
Hold the phone there, Eubie. The 101 years is not MY idea. I put the source there so you can see where that quote comes from.

Fine, so Noah's descendants went cray-cray evil in 339 years does not surprise me. I mean, look at Murica. In 1491 this place was GREAT!!!! Now look at it.

What, no green vomit being spewed at me? Darn, I always get left out!

Old 07-13-2016, 04:14 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Typical insulting arrogant rhetoric. You can take your vomit of pity and swallow it. Your grand counter argument is that I'm wrong. Oh you don't bother to explain how I'm wrong or given a single shred of supporting evidence to back up your statements. I'm just wrong because you say so. I have no respect for that.

But when one provides you with links that shows you were you are wrong you do not even bother looking at them plus you have told me that no amount of evidence will make you change your mind so why the impolite response to others.

But seeing as this thread is about the opening day of the Ark can you provide any evidence or even any scholarly publications that shows that Ken Hamm is wrong in attempting to use modern geology to prove the flood when your claim is that geology worked differently before the flood? Actually if geology changed after the flood and by after the flood you would mean as the water receded then either modern geology would still be in effect or there was a time after the end of the flood that the principles of geology and laws of physics were changed. Heck you have not even bother to show any evidence that evolution is a lie or that languages are started with the tower of Babel. As far as do we know how languages came into being are you aware that the language we are using right now was created or evolved or developed during historical times as were modern German, French, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian. We can see how language changes by studying the languages of the Faroes Islands and Iceland or even the Shetlands to see how one language became many during historical times.

So please provide evidence for both that the principles of geology were different 4000 years ago and that we do not know how different languages developed. You made both of those claims without a shred of evidence to back up your claim. And you might also provide evidence that your views on geology and language are part of the Christian faith.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:17 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Hold the phone there, Eubie. The 101 years is not MY idea. I put the source there so you can see where that quote comes from.

Fine, so Noah's descendants went cray-cray evil in 339 years does not surprise me. I mean, look at Murica. In 1491 this place was GREAT!!!! Now look at it.

How big would the population grow from 8 people including two old ones in just 339 years. That population would now have to be large enough for one pair for each language at the minimum.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:

No, not at all. I don't have any vomit to spew, just love and an outstretched hand of peace.

I'm not so sure they went cray-cray evil. What God was doing was heading that off. They were building a tower to amalgamate power like prior to the flood. God needed to not let that happen again.

And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do (Gen 11:6).

So what do you think of Ken Ham's Ark?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality