Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 01:44 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer
A question nobody will answer: Why couldn't a god just wave a hand and all the evil humans would vanish? Why kill the kittens, puppies, colts, calves, piglets, fledglings, baby animals of all kinds?
He could have but you wouldn't believe it if He did.

Quite possibly all the animals were diseased just like the humans?

Old 07-14-2016, 01:47 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Ah. We don't have a clear or full record of the migration of linguistic families.

This clearly can ONLY mean that the tale of the Tower of Babel, as recounted in The Bible is completely true and historically accurate.

Phew. Gonna sleep better tonight having that certainty. thanks.
We have a historical document preserved carefully throughout time. We have archaeological ruins. We have external evidence showing that ziggaruts were a known structure building technique in that time period. We have a description of the tower from the Greek historian Herodotus.

OTOH, all you got is: "well we think this is what could have happened"

Old 07-14-2016, 01:48 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
At least according to the version of the story that you choose to believe...

What, no calls for me to swallow my vomit? I do not CHOOSE to believe or disbelieve the Ark. Archeological evidence consistently shows the dinosaurs went extinct 160 million years ago. You don't seem capable of comprehending that, do you?

Maybe Noah was in a drunken black out and just imagined he had dinosaurs on the Ark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Which has been beat to death. We get it. You don't buy Noah's ark. Move on. No, atheists LOVE to harp on this one story because it doesn't fit well with a modern day landscape.
Are you under the impression you can tell people to stop posting because you are in disagreement with them? You are just like the meme I posted. Put your fingers in your ears and repeat after me: Lalalalalalalalalalalala! I can't hear you. Lalalalalalalalalalala!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post

And most of all, Ham's forgetting that it's kids who decide where families go for vacation. Even if they don't make the actual plans, the parents choose their vacations based on where the kids are going to have the most fun. Amusement parks are fun. National parks are fun. Beaches are fun. Mountains are fun. Giant fake arks in the middle of Kentucky? Yeah, kids all over the country are lying awake every night praying their parents will someday take them to the fake ark to look at fiberglass dinosaurs.
True, but there WILL be parents who are wanting to take their kids to see this Ark and thereby indoctrinating them with the "truth".

Heck we paid $40 to see Dolly Parton's Stampede in Branson.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:53 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The fact we do have so many different languages should be a tip-off that the historic account in Genesis has plausibility. Otherwise we'd all still have just one language since humans would rather have one language to amalgamate their power.
Why would human beings in different parts of the world have a common language? They were not communicating with each other.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
He could have but you wouldn't believe it if He did.

Quite possibly all the animals were diseased just like the humans?
Oh? In what way does an animal continually have only wicked thoughts in their hearts?

Old 07-14-2016, 01:56 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
What, no calls for me to swallow my vomit? I do not CHOOSE to believe or disbelieve the Ark. Archeological evidence consistently shows the dinosaurs went extinct 160 million years ago. You don't seem capable of comprehending that, do you?

Maybe Noah was in a drunken black out and just imagined he had dinosaurs on the Ark?
I think you have chosen which sources to believe. You have placed your faith in the assumptions and theories of one group over the beliefs of others.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:56 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
And yet you haven't produce a single shred of credible evidence proving that it is superstitution.

Still waiting for any evidence that physics, geology and chemistry all changed because of the flood.

If physics and geology have not changed then you have been provided lots of references that a global flood could not have occurred based on the sediments on the earth. You have even stated that no amount of evidence would change your mind so be honest with us. It is not the lack of evidence given you, it is you accept that the Bible is inerrant and literal. Nothing wrong with admitting that to everyone. Claiming that there is no evidence against your belief is dishonest as you have been provided with evidence. Even tree rings show no sign of a global flood and if you don't think that there are not tree rings as old as 4000 years old, if you had knowledge of dendrochronology you would know that it does not require a single tree living that old.

There is physical evidence that shows that a global flood did not occur and no physical evidence that proves a global flood. You wish to believe it that is find but to claim that the physical evidence is not there is not correct.

And those calling it a superstition are not entirely correct either. Its a religious belief and some but not most take their Bible literally. Any God that can change how gravity, fluid motion, decay, deposition and salinity work could easily found a more elegant means to destroy wicked people without destroying baby koalas and kittens and all the trees and flowers. And if the Bible does not mention these changes what evidence do you have for any of it?

Sorry Jeff but each time you ask for evidence and you get it you simply ignore it. In the meantime you have not a shred of physical evidence that a global flood occurred nor do you have any physical evidence that a boat like the Ark could be built and house all the creatures it claims plus their food. Or withstand the flood itself either. You need to show how you can have quite marine water with fine sediments slowly settling down with a fast flowing fresh water river directly above it without claiming that God allowed all kinds of rapid changes in how things work during the flood. Unless of course it says that in the Bible you are putting words and deeds onto you God.

So where is your evidence that God changed physics, geology and chemistry during the flood? Your claim now back it up. Even try using a Creationists site if that helps.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
We have a historical document preserved carefully throughout time. We have archaeological ruins. We have external evidence showing that ziggaruts were a known structure building technique in that time period. We have a description of the tower from the Greek historian Herodotus.

OTOH, all you got is: "well we think this is what could have happened"
So if today we begin carefully preserving copies of Harry Potter books, will that prove in some future time that Harry Potter was non-fiction? What about if archaeological ruins of England are uncovered?

You make no sense.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:57 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Still waiting for any evidence that physics, geology and chemistry all changed because of the flood.
Today's pop science is based on all kinds of assumptions that it has all stayed the same for 14 billion years, with no evidence to support the idea.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:00 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post

Are you under the impression you can tell people to stop posting because you are in disagreement with them? You are just like the meme I posted. Put your fingers in your ears and repeat after me: Lalalalalalalalalalalala! I can't hear you. Lalalalalalalalalalala!

True, but there WILL be parents who are wanting to take their kids to see this Ark and thereby indoctrinating them with the "truth".

Heck we paid $40 to see Dolly Parton's Stampede in Branson.

you have your dates wrong. Dinosaurs came into being about 160 millions ago and the last of them other than birds went with the asteroid bank 65 million years ago. The Ark story fails to show how a single layer of sediment was laid down during a flood above which not a single dinosaur fossil has been found.

And it is paleontology not archaeology that studies fossils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.