Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 03:04 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
You are still trapped in your paradox where you are perfectly fine with conventional dating techniques indicating an old Earth yet you continue saying that all the strata was formed during a recent flood event.
That's because its hard to keep your stories straight when you keep making them up on the fly =P

Old 07-14-2016, 03:06 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And blindly accepting the popular beliefs of "scientists" like Bill Nye is not actually doing "science", either.

But hey...you believe the popular ideas...so how can you be wrong? I mean...the majority has NEVER been wrong, has it?
Are you referring to the majority of America being Christian?

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Because much of what passes for geology, physics and chemistry is essentially, pop science.
Really? Are you talking about that so called Flood Geology literally dreamed up by Ellen G. White, or possibly Mary Baker Eddy's version of science?

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Not only that but the cinder cones of former volcanoes had to have had all the debris around them washed away by the flood of Noah's day. Neither wind nor normal rain fall even for billions of years could have washed that away leaving just the cinder cones.
Okay, I'll bite. Is it possible you have ANYTHING to support this assertion that doesn't come either from The Bible or some apologist source like AIG?

Anything?

Old 07-14-2016, 03:09 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Pop-science is a scientifically meaningless term. If you can specifically describe the theories in geology, physics, and chemistry that you believe are false, and then support your assertions using the scientific method, I will eat my shoes.
That would require an understanding of science, now wouldn't it?

Old 07-14-2016, 03:11 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, not at all.
Is The Grand Canyon Proof Of Noah’s Flood? | Creation Today

Not only that but the cinder cones of former volcanoes had to have had all the debris around them washed away by the flood of Noah's day. Neither wind nor normal rain fall even for billions of years could have washed that away leaving just the cinder cones.
Tell us, please how the waters of the Great Flud cut a canyon with one side several hundred feet higher than the other.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:13 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
That would require an understanding of science, now wouldn't it?
Well I cant make it too easy... the shoes I am wearing are old and worn out and I don't imagine they would taste too good. Even if I made soup.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:41 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't have to provide evidence. I only offer the possibility and as long as that possibility exists, you can not shut it and claim as fact that Noah's Ark was a fictional myth.

Since we've never seen a global flood and how it would impact an entire planet, the only thing people like you are doing is taking guesses how the impact should appear.

Until you have all the facts then judging God is unfair. No matter what action God takes, you can always come up with your own "well this is a better way" solution without having the power of foreknowledge to see the consequences of said action.

Didn't you promise to leave me alone? lol Badgering me for evidence that you will 100% reject anyways won't work.

You do have a point there that is magic or gods doing things counter to how we know they operate then anything must be possible and we cannot rule anything out or in. So do you rule out that Odin is the true creator of the universe and that the Bible is simply fiction that was written to entertain the lesser gods. And if that cannot be ruled out then all your opposition to evolution or SSM could be false and based on a book of fiction written by the true god. I do not see you accepting the possibly that Odin is the true god and your Bible is his fiction to entertain Thor and his buddies perhaps written by Loki or maybe Loki and Coyote. As I raised this possibly then you cannot shut it out. Or will you.

We know how sediments are laid down. You cannot have much of todays sediments laid down by a flood as they are not fluvial or marine sediments. If you bothered with a book on historical geology or sedimentology you would know what I mean. We do not need a global flood to show us that glacier deposits are laid down by glaciers, Louis Agassiz a devout Christian in the 19th and early 20th century demonstrated that.

I can judge if something sounds logical or not. You think that we must accept that whatever is written in the Bible is not only true but the best way anything could or should happen. I can also judge other gods on if their actions sound logical or reasonable. I am not truly judging god anyways as I do not believe he exists but judging how logical the story reads and does it show a lack of knowledge that demonstrates what the people of the day had.

As far as dismissing the evidence that you do provide, I actually go to the links and read the papers with an open mind, at least as open as I can have. But when they make claims that goes against all known evidence or what I can actually see with my own eyes on a daily basis I see no reason to accept that evidence. But I do go to it as one of the reason I am here is to learn what drives people to believe like you do in literal Bible and creationist and flood geology.

Several times you have made the claim that evolution is a lie so how is that not looking at the possibility that it did occur? I have never stated that Christianity is a lie or that God is a lie so perhaps I am actually more open to possibilities than you are.

Perhaps next time you ask someone for evidence you should do what I do, look at that evidence. you told me that you would not accept evidence and you will not even look at it but you accept the rest of us to accept whatever you claim as the truth. I am not sure that you are following the true god Odin and as long as that is a possibility then you must accept it. Unless you think that only what you believe in is unquestionable and all others must be wrong.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
That's because its hard to keep your stories straight when you keep making them up on the fly =P
When I laid out the paradox to him, the crickets were deafening.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't have to provide evidence. I only offer the possibility and as long as that possibility exists, you can not shut it and claim as fact that Noah's Ark was a fictional myth.

Well, I guess we really can't rule out LastThursdayism, then. I mean, there is always that possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.