Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 01:01 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times

Advertisements

Believe in my Ark or I will burn you in hell forever!!! Such a kind and loving god.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:22 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
I don't know if anyone already answered it, but I'll try: because all non-human natural world had been created for man to use.
How utterly sick and wrong to the core this type of thinking is.

Humans have no rights over other species. Other species are not here for us to "use".

People like you are very disturbing and I hope every animal that encounters you realizes what kind of human you are and can either fight you off or run for its life away from you.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:45 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
How utterly sick and wrong to the core this type of thinking is.

Humans have no rights over other species. Other species are not here for us to "use".

People like you are very disturbing and I hope every animal that encounters you realizes what kind of human you are and can either fight you off or run for its life away from you.
Wow! Put off your tirades, will you? If you cared to open your eyes and do a little bit of reading instead of judging a whole human being by a single post, you would find that I am as disgusted by the fundamentalist line of thinking as you are. But hey, they do not teach reading in American schools any more, do they?

Old 07-15-2016, 01:57 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Wow! Put off your tirades, will you? If you cared to open your eyes and do a little bit of reading instead of judging a whole human being by a single post, you would find that I am as disgusted by the fundamentalist line of thinking as you are. But hey, they do not teach reading in American schools any more, do they?
No tirade from me.

My response to you had nothing to do with "fundamentalist line of thinking"...It had to do with your view on other species and our "use" with them.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:10 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
No tirade from me.

My response to you had nothing to do with "fundamentalist line of thinking"...It had to do with your view on other species and our "use" with them.
That's what I am saying: if you paid attention, you would have seen that this "my view" is not my view at all, but the fundamentalist line of thinking that I personally find as disgusting as you do. We are really on one side in this discussion. But I do not owe anybody on here an explanation anyway, much less to a self-righteous Yank.

Last edited by Norne; 07-15-2016 at 03:02 AM..

Old 07-15-2016, 02:26 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No more offensive than many other secular groups presenting superstition as fact, like the FFRF.
What is FFRF?

Quote:
There is a difference between disagreeing and making intentionally rude and obnoxious statements about the beliefs of others.
I'll ask you again as I always do when you make this type of statement. I'll ask you again because you never answer. Why do you think your 'beliefs' should command automatic respect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
A question nobody will answer: Why couldn't a god just wave a hand and all the evil humans would vanish?
...because apparently, Yahweh demands that we suffer to learn a lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And yet you haven't produce a single shred of credible evidence proving that it is superstitution.
Sure I have. Many of us have...and on many occasions. You simply bury your head in the sand and reject the veriofiable evidence. You have always done so and always will...because you just CANNOT accept that that which you have invested so much of your life in, is mythology, in the same way that every other religion that has gone before it has been proven to be mythology.

Quote:
Then Prove that I'm wrong.
What would be the point? For one, by your own admission, you wouldn't accept any evidence you received and two, those that do actually require such evidence will find a wealth of it.

Quote:
If the only argument that you bring to the table is that I'm so stupid then it folds like a house of cards in a stiff wind.
You see! This is why people laugh at you. You make it up as you go along. Not once have I called you stupid, not once. Saying that someone is 'ignorant' of a subject is not an insult. I am ignorant of many things. I am totally ignorant of the subject of nuclear physics. It is not an insult to say that to me...I accept that I know nothing of the subject. You are ignorant of many scientific fields, as am I. The difference between us is that I do not dismiss that which I do not understand while you do - and the worst thing about you doing that is that the science that you dismiss is the very same science that you accept implicitly in your everyday life.

Quote:
We have a historical document preserved carefully throughout time.
No, it hasn't been 'preserved'. It has been altered and changed regularly. If it has been preserved, please explain why so many books were discarded? If it has been preserved, please explain the additions to the ending of the Gospel of Mark (16: 9-20)?

Quote:
We have archaeological ruins.
What about the archaeology that proves the Bible wrong?

Quote:
We have external evidence showing that ziggaruts were a known structure building technique in that time period. We have a description of the tower from the Greek historian Herodotus.
LOL. So because Herodotus mentions it, it's true?

Quote:
I mean...the majority has NEVER been wrong, has it?
Apply that to religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I think you better stop using all modern implements, including the vehicle you drive, the gun you shoot, the computer you type on. All of those are as a result of the use of geology (metals and oil), chemistry and physics. You CANNOT separate the science used for those purposes from the SAME science used to date the earth, or analyse its components. ...
Of course he can! It works like this....

Theory of electromagnetism: Good!
Theory of gravity: Good!
Quantum theory: Good!
Germ Theory: Good!
Thermodynamics: Good!
Theory of evolution: Science is evil and filled with atheists who want to destroy Christianity everywhere and those dinosaur bones were put there by Satan to trick us.
Photosynthesis: Good!
Periodic Table of the Elements: Good!
Theory of Relativity: Good!
Acoustics Theory: Good!
Chaos Theory: Good!
Number Theory: Good!
Big Bang Theory: Science is evil and filled with atheists who want to destroy Christianity everywhere and how can they believe in the Big Bang when no one was around to see it.
Cell Theory: Good!
Decision Theory: Good!
Circuit Theory: Good!

So, in general, science is great and one of the best means of understanding our universe unless it contradicts the writings of ancient goat herders. Then it's evil and wrong.

Quote:
There is an entire field of archaeology dedicated to the Bible. It's not nonsense.
What about the real archaeology that proves the Bible wrong?

Quote:
The Bible meets every requirement of verifying ancient history.
No it doesn't. Far from it. Real archaeology looks at the facts and comes to a conclusion. Bible archaeology starts with the conclusion and then looks for facts that will support the a priori conclusion. Trowel in one hand and Bible in the other.

Quote:
We have plenty of reason to believe in Christ because Christ changes people.
So do the gods of other religions.

Quote:
Your scientific explanations require faith and a degree of arrogance that we have it all or mostly figured out.
There is no faith in science. If you actually understood how it works you wouldn't make such ignorant statements.

Quote:
There could be a future discovery that completely embarrasses the bold claims of science today.
There have been many discoveries that have embarrassed Christianity but it hasn't bothered the likes of you.

Quote:
I don't know if anyone already answered it, but I'll try: because all non-human natural world had been created for man to use.
71% of the planet is covered in water. A large percentage of the remaining 29% is too hot to live in...or too cold...or too high. That doesn't leave much of the planet that we can use. It relates to this...

Earth. A planet consisting of 70% water. Created by an omnimax creator for the sole use of it's creation...'man'...a creature with no gills.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:38 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Believe in my Ark or I will burn you in hell forever!!! Such a kind and loving god.

But that isn't really what the Bible says. In fact the Bible says "God will have all mankind to be saved for . . . Christ gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Timothy 2:4-6).

Old 07-15-2016, 03:44 AM

Quote:
And blindly accepting the popular beliefs of "scientists" like Bill Nye is not actually doing "science", either.

But hey...you believe the popular ideas...so how can you be wrong? I mean...the majority has NEVER been wrong, has it?
Yea, whatever made Bill Nye an expert on the ark. I find it funny when he talks about the ark how this and that is just impossible. How could he possibly know? He wasn't there. It just goes to show people will follow you as long as you hold to the party line.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
You are still trapped in your paradox where you are perfectly fine with conventional dating techniques used by "evolutionists" (your word) indicating an old Earth yet you continue saying that all the strata was formed during a recent flood event.
I'm not trapped by anything. It has been proven by real scientists that the strata in the Grand Canyon was deposited by the world-wide flood of Noah's day.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
See this statement of yours here:

This is what I asked you about. "Because the Bible says so" does not in any way support your claim of "the fact we do have so many different languages should be a tip-off that the historic account in Genesis has plausibility".

Rather, it makes perfect sense that we have so many different languages, given the fact that many different cultures grew in many different parts of the world, long before people had even sporadic interaction with other cultures. It is not in any way something which makes no sense and thus should be a tip-off that the historic account in Genesis has plausibility.
No, the historic account collected in what we call "The Bible" (which is a collection of historic accounts) says God was responsible for the differences in languages. It happened only 300 some years after the flood. The world's population was still centered in the Mesopotamian area. It is only after the disruption of the one language that the people spread out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.