Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 08:17 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No, that's what every cinder cone looks like. Just like every shield volcano represents a low angled shield and every composite cone has the iconic Mt. Fuji look to them.

At the same time those flood waters that ripped off most of a volcano left cap rocks smaller than my fist on other formations. It must be time to stop the teaching of geology in the schools as apparently it is 100% incorrect. Time for mining and oil companies to start hiring Biblical scholars instead of geologists who apparently are ignorant of geology

Old 07-15-2016, 08:17 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yea, whatever made Bill Nye an expert on the ark. I find it funny when he talks about the ark how this and that is just impossible. How could he possibly know? He wasn't there. It just goes to show people will follow you as long as you hold to the party line.
You were not there either, but you believe in a bunch of superstitious fairy tales told a long, long time ago in a land far, far away.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:18 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
You do not understand what an ad populum fallacy is. Ad populum applies to non expert populations.

Referring to the consensus of a topic expert population is not a fallacy.

It is good that you know about formal logical fallacies though. Now if you could just stop using them in your arguments you might be able to make some progress.
I don't use them in my arguments. I brought up those fallacies because you were using them. Geesh!

Old 07-15-2016, 08:20 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You were not there either, but you believe in a bunch of superstitious fairy tales told a long, long time ago in a land far, far away.
Just because you say so does not make it so.
At least I have historic documents to back up my side. All you have is your say-so.

261 posts, read 156,782 times
Quote:
I don't use them in my arguments. I brought up those fallacies because you were using them. Geesh!
It is you who subscribes to fallacies and a belief in fairy tales.

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Tomato Tomawto.
Humorously apt, since the level of scientific errors in your post is approximately on par with someone believing tomawto is the correct spelling, and then discounting the dictionary spelling as an ad populum fallacy.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:21 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Tomato Tomawto.
Not even close. There are 3 volcano types and you incorrectly identified all the remains of former volcanos as a cinder cone.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:25 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
The GOVERNMENTS OF THE USA AND CANADA refused to accept Jewish refugees. It was not the individual Christians. I would have accepted you personally.

I'm just saying it is improper for you to point the finger at Christians where the fault might lie elsewhere.

Yes, why try to blame Christians?

Ok fine it was everyone but Christians to blame. It was everyone but Christians to blame for slavery and for women not being treated as equals and it is everyone but Christians to blame for the US refusing to accept Syrian refugees in the number that they could.

The Civil War and everything else that was wrong in the US was the fault of the atheists. In return perhaps you should admit that Christians are a very small minority in your country and had nothing to do with the consitituion or most of the running of the country ever.

Governments are made up of people and are elected by people. But I guess as long as one Christian was willing to accept the Jews they are all free of the blame.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:25 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
If they were truly Christians, they were very shameful. Just because a certain group of people go to a certain building with a name of "Baptist" or any other name tacked above its door does not a true Christian make. I've had Indian friends most of my life.
Bet you had Jewish and Black friends too, right?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:29 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Believe in my Ark or I will burn you in hell forever!!! Such a kind and loving god.

Quote:
But that isn't really what the Bible says. In fact the Bible says "God will have all mankind to be saved for . . . Christ gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Timothy 2:4-6).

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Rev 21:8

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Then they will go away to eternal punishment
, but the righteous to eternal life.

Matthew 25

Your Bible is very clear that there is a very real, literal Hell that lasts for a literal
eternity, where the wicked will be tormented in literal fire.
...but you say there isn't.

Matthew 13:41-42 says, "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather
out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and
will cast them into the furnace of fire; in that place there shall be weeping and gnashing
of teeth.”

You say he won't.

Revelation 14:9-11 says "And another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud
voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or
upon his hand, 10he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full
strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the
presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11"And the smoke of their
torment goes up forever and ever; and they have no rest day and night, those who worship
the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

You say they will not.

Matthew 3:12 says, "And His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear
His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the
chaff with unquenchable fire."

You say he will not.

Matthew 5:22 says, "whoever shall say, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the
fiery hell.
"
You say they will not go to a fiery Hell. Matthew 18:8-9 says, "And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off
and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two
hands or two feet, to be cast into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to stumble,
pluck it out, and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than
having two eyes, to be cast into the fiery hell.
And again, you say that there is no fiery Hell.

Matthew 25:41 says, "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed
ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels.

You say he will not say this.

Jude 7 says, "Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same
way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an
example, in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

You say that they are not.

Luke 16 says that the Rich Man suffered in a literal, fiery place of torment.
You say he did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Lol
...but you must admit that he does brighten up the day by making us laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.