Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 09:29 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,437 times

Advertisements

^ What a disgusting character.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:34 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
At the same time those flood waters that ripped off most of a volcano left cap rocks smaller than my fist on other formations. It must be time to stop the teaching of geology in the schools as apparently it is 100% incorrect. Time for mining and oil companies to start hiring Biblical scholars instead of geologists who apparently are ignorant of geology
Precisely. I think these religious biblical "scholars" should sue the Gemological Institute of America (which I graduated from) for teaching us that the origin of diamonds is due to the crystallization of pure carbon for hundreds of millions of years.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:34 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Welcome my Native American brothers and Sisters to the Noah's Ark Experience! BTW, if you do not accept Jesus as your personal savior, .... you can SWALLOW YOUR VOMIT and BURN IN HELL!!!

Just wondering how many times has a Native American told a non-native they would burn in hell if they don't follow Native American beliefs?

Now how many times have we Native Americans been told we will fry if we don't conform to the Judaeo-Christian beliefs?

Get on the bandwagon you heathens!!!

Old 07-15-2016, 10:09 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
You DO believe they (and anyone who does not accept Christ) will burn in hell for all eternity, right? Your god has heaven and hell and the superstitious heathen savages can accept Christ and the Ark Experience or burn in hell for all eternity, right?

The Ark is a euphemism for your god's mentality. I prefer 1491, when America REALLY was great.
Why do I believe atheists hate God? Mockery is a form of hatred.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula spider View Post
It is you who subscribes to fallacies and a belief in fairy tales.
Ok where is this 100% Proof that our beliefs are fairy tales? *crickets*

Meanwhile 89% of Americans think you are WRONG.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:16 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Precisely. I think these religious biblical "scholars" should sue the Gemological Institute of America (which I graduated from) for teaching us that the origin of diamonds is due to the crystallization of pure carbon for hundreds of millions of years.
You do realize you can make diamonds much much faster than that, right? I mean..you can even have your loved one made into a diamond after they die.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
LMAO. First off, thank you for the swallow your vomit post. That was classic! Second, it is not MY scientific explanations. Science has been there long before I was born and will be long after you and the farting preachers of the world are BUTT DUST. (Referencing a religious joke)
Spiteful, condescending, mocking commentary typical so VERY VERY typical, my quest continues to find just one just one atheist who can have a friendly non-personal discussion online. Sadly, you sound exactly like all the rest.

Quote:

Science has NEVER claimed to "have it all or mostly figured out". You know, the more you talk, the more you show your ignorance. You make these asinine statements, then you sit back and literally emulate EXACTLY what you are claiming to hate, that is an air of arrogance.

But that's the attitude your ilk gives off here. You know it all, the book is closed, and anyone who dares suggest otherwise should be branded and labeled as ignorant. I even brought up yesterday how science has failed to explained with evidence how man went from grunts and noises to complex languages. The response arrogantly was that I was stupid and ignorant. Yet no one offered proof to the contrary.

Quote:

You are simply unable and unwilling to grasp a basic understanding of what science is, i.e., google it, you might learn something: https://www.google.com/search?q=what...utf-8&oe=utf-8

And do you know why you continue to stick your head into the darkness of willful ignorance?

Or you could just give me a counter argument and move on. Now you take it a step further by claiming my brain is unable to grasp basic science. Do you realize how arrogant and condescending that sounds?

Old 07-15-2016, 10:23 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Ok where is this 100% Proof that our beliefs are fairy tales? *crickets*

Meanwhile 89% of Americans think you are WRONG.
See Eusebius now this is actually a real example of the ad populum fallacy.

The only proof i need that your belief is false is that we know through science that people do not die and then come back from the dead 3 days later. The bible says that someone died and came back 3 days later. Therefore the bible is wrong.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:26 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
See Eusebius now this is actually a real example of the ad populum fallacy.

The only proof i need that your belief is false is that we know through science that people do not die and then come back from the dead 3 days later. The bible says that someone died and came back 3 days later. Therefore the bible is wrong.
How do you know that? A miracle is defined as being supernatural, and "not normal". If it happened routinely it wouldn't be a miracle.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:35 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How do you know that? A miracle is defined as being supernatural, and "not normal". If it happened routinely it wouldn't be a miracle.
Not really interested in any supernatural explanations until you can produce some reliable evidence that there even is such a thing as "supernatural".

The bible contradicts many known, observed, and understood properties of reality therefore it is wrong(in the places it is in conflict). Unless you can somehow show that reality operates in an entirely different fashion than it clearly does.

This is not to say that there are not any correct historical facts in the bible, but in the places where it conflicts with our knowledge of reality, reality wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality