Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 11:50 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Dan Barker would do well to actually READ the Constitution. He'd realize there is nothing unconstitutional about even taking kids to a church, much less an ark exhibit.
It would do you well to understand what you READ. He was talking about public school children...which are Ken Ham's is target. Have you ever heard of Separation of Church from State?

Old 07-15-2016, 11:50 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Which ones does it violate, Vizio? Specifically?
I already asked him this and all I got in response was a folksy one liner that had nothing to do with science. I do not think he has a grasp on what a scientific principle is.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:51 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Great, then admit that you can be wrong in your assertion that it is fairy tales.
Of course I could be wrong. I have never argued otherwise. I could be wrong in my disbelief in mermaids and leprechauns too....but I don't believe that I am. Now lets see how 'open-minded' you are by admitting that you too could be wrong

Quote:
And every other developed nation has no problem begging the US for help in times of need. Thankfully our country still does the Christian thing by helping others with no expectation of pay back.
...and that has what to do with 89% of American being superstitious?

Quote:
Infantile. How anyone can respect your posts is beyond me.
I ask respect from nobody. My posts stand or fall on their merits.

Quote:
I was told yesterday that I had the mentality of a kindergarten. That's calling me stupid.
No it isn't...or are you saying that all children in kindergardens are stupid? Saying that you have the mentality of a kindergarten is saying that your thinking is immature and child-like...which it is.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:51 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Nope, I don't claim to know everything and can keep an open mind. I have a hunger for the truth. But certainly not the "truth" running through the filter of God hating atheists.
Explain how a person can hate an entity they don't even believe exists? Do you hate the Tooth Fairy? Zeus?

Why or why not?

Old 07-15-2016, 11:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
If only you applied that same logic to the things you have faith in.
There is no faith used in science.

Quote:
Which ones does it violate, Vizio? Specifically?
Don't hold your breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I do not think he has a grasp on what a scientific principle is.
I can guarantee that he doesn't. He has run like a scared rabbit from many such questions.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:00 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Great, then admit that you can be wrong in your assertion that it is fairy tales.

And every other developed nation has no problem begging the US for help in times of need. Thankfully our country still does the Christian thing by helping others with no expectation of pay back.

Infantile. How anyone can respect your posts is beyond me.

I was told yesterday that I had the mentality of a kindergarten. That's calling me stupid.

The USA came asking for help in going after the Taliban after 9 11 and also came asking for help in Iraq, we were there with them for the first but not the second. Now when did the developed world come begging for help from the US?

You might think that we insult you because you are a Christian but you make no pains about posting that you think non Christians cannot help others without it being an act of selfishness. My father got his body ripped up with shrapnel on D Day doing what he thought was the right thing to do and not expecting a pay back and he was neither religious nor Christian and to think that he suffered for it for over 50 years. At the World Trade Centre many Canadians volunteered to help the rescue and clean up, companies and individuals as well as many Americans. Do you think that only the Christians did it with no expectation of pay back? And the others were doing it for selfish reasons? Jordan has taken over one and a half Syrian refugees and the US what about 10 0000. During the Iraq war one small town in Sweden took more Iraqi refugees than did the USA.

Christians are generous and kind people. Muslims are generous and kind people. Atheists are generous and kind people. The US oft times is a great country. Canada is oft times a great country. Most if not all of European countries are oft times great countries. Please do not put down others because they are not Americans or not Christian or not a Bible believer. Put down bad actions, bad ideas and rudeness if you want but not entire classes of people.

So do you have evidence that Canada has come begging the USA for help in a time of need? Examples from New Zealand and Australia would be helpful as well. Australia was with the States for Viet Nam, Afghanistan and Iraq by the way.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:09 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
There is no faith used in science.
You're correct. But there is plenty of faith that in the beliefs that people hold to and call it "science". Stuff like abiogenesis, evolution, various theories on the origins of the universe, etc.
Quote:
Don't hold your breath.

I can guarantee that he doesn't. He has run like a scared rabbit from many such questions.
Says the guy that thinks life just popped into existence from nothingness.

I've answered the question. Abiogenesis posits that life comes from non-life. That has NEVER been observed in nature.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:11 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
This is the Opening Post, setting the topic for the thread:

Quote:
After scamming the Kentucky taxpayer out of over $18 million for a tax incentive to help fund the hugely overpriced $100 million dollar project by promising it would bring 2 million visitors a year, each who pay $40 to enter the 'Ark", only about 4,000 showed up on opening day, many as VIP invitees.

Oooopps. Guess Ken Ham didn't pray enough.

The pictures tell it all, most taken early to mid afternoon.

(all courtesy David Silverman)

The Parking Lot

Ticket Line Up

Love the Chandeliers and Authentic Laminate Flooring in the Ark

More Afternoon Lineups

Five Level Ramp For Hoped Long Ques

(The next images courtesy Tracy Moody and the Friendly Atheist blog)

More "Crowds"

Does anybody have anything to say that is relevant to the OP?

Old 07-15-2016, 12:11 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This is the Opening Post, setting the topic for the thread:

Does anybody have anything to say that is relevant to the OP?

How about, what a scam!

Old 07-15-2016, 12:14 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
I'm assuming you mean abiogenesis. Even so, it's a fairy tale.

You don't have the theological background, either, but you continue to spout off on that!

If you truly trusted the scientific method, you'd realize that there is no basis for belief in the idea that life begins from non-life.

Funny I have never called your religious beliefs a fairy tale.

I am still waiting for an example of me spouting off about theology.

The last sentence is strictly your personal opinion, nothing more and nothing less. Have you got scientific proof that life could not have come from non life?

You want us to accept all kinds of things as true without any proof just on your say so and that is what you believe the Bible states. And you want us to dismiss other things as impossible without any proof if it is possible or not for it to happen this time just on your say so. I trust science much more than I trust you know everything. As I said it might find evidence of it being possible or it might be a dead end. I will trust that the exploration in that direction is more useful than going on your say so alone.

Sorry wrote this before I read mensaguy's latest post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality