Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 12:14 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This is the Opening Post, setting the topic for the thread:

Does anybody have anything to say that is relevant to the OP?
What can we say? He made a post that was intended to be deliberately offensive or provocative with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

That was the only purpose of it. It's been discussed. It's easy to see how it got off-topic from there, as it was a rather narrow topic.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:14 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This is the Opening Post, setting the topic for the thread:

Does anybody have anything to say that is relevant to the OP?
Yes, I would call this a criminal misappropriation of taxpayer funds, along with criminal employment discrimination. Ken Ham and the leadership of the park should go to jail(eh maybe probation) as well as being held financially responsible by the state, and the park should be repossessed and sold to the highest bidder in order to attempt to recoup some of the losses to the people of Kentucky. They could turn it into a Jamba Juice or something. To be fair, I do not really like the idea of any kind of taxpayer funded for-profit business.

I do not really see any difference between this and finding a way to scam welfare and live like a king off the backs of your neighbors (aside from the ludicrous increase in scale).

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 07-15-2016 at 12:30 PM..

Old 07-15-2016, 12:35 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What can we say? He made a post that was intended to be deliberately offensive or provocative with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

That was the only purpose of it. It's been discussed. It's easy to see how it got off-topic from there, as it was a rather narrow topic.
No, "he" made a post that showed some facts and images to back up some facts.

And then, much later in the thread "he" showed the scam pulled off in financing this theme park. To which no one responded. Meaning either they accept the fact it was a scam, or shamefully admit they can't defend it, so were silent on it.

If this was paid by donations, great. It is not, and it is doomed to failure. And the taxpayer, including those who are not religious or of a different religion will get stuck with the debt.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:42 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Expecting news at some point:
Ken Ham's Ark Experience park changes name to "Outback Steakhouse Bloomin' Onion Boatstaurant and Bar" after it gets foreclosed on when they default on the debt they will very likely be unable to pay.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
No, "he" made a post that showed some facts and images to back up some facts.

And then, much later in the thread "he" showed the scam pulled off in financing this theme park. To which no one responded. Meaning either they accept the fact it was a scam, or shamefully admit they can't defend it, so were silent on it.

If this was paid by donations, great. It is not, and it is doomed to failure. And the taxpayer, including those who are not religious or of a different religion will get stuck with the debt.
Let's call it what it is. You routinely make deliberately offensive or provocative online postings on this board with the aim of upsetting Christians or eliciting an angry response from them. If you're going to do it, at least have the guts to own it.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:57 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Let's call it what it is. You routinely make deliberately offensive or provocative online postings on this board with the aim of upsetting Christians or eliciting an angry response from them. If you're going to do it, at least have the guts to own it.
The OP is offensive how?

It is provocative how?

Virtually everyone of my opening posts are backed up by independent sources. What is the thrust of them?

Malfeasance by religious leaders. Willful breaking of the Constitutional separation of church and State. Goofy things religious institutions or individuals do. Very few are opinions, and when they are, generally they discuss theological issues.

You may not like facts and the reality, but it is what it is. Here, I'll help you out. Tell me which one of these are offensive. Now tell me why.

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=24268091

Old 07-15-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
The OP is offensive how?

It is provocative how?
You don't see how a snarky post calling it a "#FAIL" is not offensive? How your continued deliberately offensive or provocative online postings with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them would bother those that you aim to upset or elicit angry responses from?

Old 07-15-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Yes, I would call this a criminal misappropriation of taxpayer funds, along with criminal employment discrimination. Ken Ham and the leadership of the park should go to jail(eh maybe probation) as well as being held financially responsible by the state, and the park should be repossessed and sold to the highest bidder in order to attempt to recoup some of the losses to the people of Kentucky. They could turn it into a Jamba Juice or something. To be fair, I do not really like the idea of any kind of taxpayer funded for-profit business.

I do not really see any difference between this and finding a way to scam welfare and live like a king off the backs of your neighbors (aside from the ludicrous increase in scale).
It's a regional attraction that draws visitors to the area, where they will spend money, and it provides jobs to a lot of people--including construction, as well as people working there. The people of KY are going to be money ahead when this is all said and done.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:13 PM

11,024 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Viz, I must respectfully disagree with you. Cupper is basically not letting Christians get away with shenanigans without being called out.

There is of course a very simple way of curtailing cupper - Clean up your act! I said simple, not easy. "Your" does not mean you personally of course and of course you cannot do anything about it personally. It's not your fault. But you could stop defending these scammers.

On the other hand, don't stop - it keeps the threads interesting and brings out more points for discussion.

Funny thing is, if I was in the area with my young family, I would take them to the park!

Old 07-15-2016, 01:20 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
This isn't that, and once again you are making a claim (another lie, to me more accurate) that you will never even attempt to back up with proof, because it is baseless.

If you'd like to prove me wrong, please post links to the "routine, deliberately offensive/provocative" threads started by these posters.

I don't consider this one of them. something like what you are talking about would be along the lines of:

"Stupid #$@! Christians! Don't You hate them?!?!? Why are they so stupid!"

or

"Ugh...why are Christians all such hateful bigots!"

...and if I saw such threads, I would be there right alongside you, Vizio (I sincerely would!) rolling my eyes and calling out those posters themselves for being bigots and hateful and intolerant. because, again. most Christians are bright, kind, peaceful, reasonable people.

I cannot say I have NEVER seen this kind of thing here, and I have seen people who seem really full of vitriol towards Christians and/or believers in general, which I find unfortunate. But I also think it is the exception to the rule.

Frankly, I just don't often see what I'd think of as "hate threads" started about Christians.

And I really don't see this thread as falling under that umbrella either. It's not a random, generalized "Boy, those Christians sure do suck now, don't they?" sort of thing.

It specifically calls out the use of taxpayer money to fund a project dedicated to promoting a very, very narrow interpretation of Biblical writings, presenting them as "real" and then adding salt to the wound by utilizing public school resources to bus students to it, where they'll be told, through signage and speakers, how this ark-replica is just how it was in actual history.

This IS a big pile of BS and should never have happened.

I'm not saying the exhibit shouldn't exist. That's not freedom. I'm saying if it was paid for by a wealthy benefactor, or private funds, or donations, and if individual kiddies and their families wanted to go to it all the live-long day, that's great.

But on the backs of taxpayers, in this particularly sleazy kind of funding method, and then taking public school kids to it...that's pretty egregious.

You may be surprised, but if there was some kind of facility dedicated to the idea that "This is the Anti-God of Abraham Museum where we talk all about how Jews, Christians and Muslims are wrong and ignorant and..." or something along those lines, believe me, I hate that pointless waste of an idea too, and would be flaming p!ssed if taxpayer moneys were used or kids dragged from schools to attend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality