Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 07:05 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,305,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Live in KY... no public funds were used. Munie bonds and private donations....

And, in all honesty, most people here only had passing knowledge the thing was open. Wasn't on the news all week (nope, just typical thunderstorms).

What has been on the news all week is a huge weekend long concern in Louisville called Forecastle.

Why get worked up in arms over some guy building a silly boat when there are way more interesting things to follow.
Con men are cool in Kentucky?

Old 07-15-2016, 07:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
He gets about as much run in this state as Bellarmine Basketball does nationally.

Never heard of them? Same with most KY residents haven't heard of him (since half the pop lives in the Louisville Metro).

Those paying attention to him must actually LOOK for this stuff to get upset about. On an ironic note.... I wonder if the boat floats? We've gotten so much rain the last 2 weeks, it would be a good idea. lol
He doesn't buy adverting time on local TV?

He spent 100 million dollars on his ark and the locals aren't inundated with commercials promoting it? Yikes. Promotion 101 would be Ham standing in front of the ark holding his Bible and inviting folks to come on down and pay him a visit.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:11 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
He doesn't buy adverting time on local TV?

He spent 100 million dollars on his ark and the locals aren't inundated with commercials promoting visits? Yikes.
Nope... I'm doing conract work and pretty much working around the clock going through the fed reg... they keep local on ALL THE TIME here... haven't seen 1 commercial.

I've seen a buildboard on 64 about his dinosaur thing but that's it.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Con men are cool in Kentucky?
If he was defrauding public funds, that is one thing. Since this is all private, and much of it from outside of this state, why should you care?

Old 07-15-2016, 07:19 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
On the Ark Encounter Exposed Facebook they state that Ken Hamm has claimed that 25000 have gone through the gates in the first five days. It states that 8000 were given free two days passes so they subtracted the 2 times 8000 from the 25000 coming up with only an average of 3000 per day.

The site makes an assumption that all 8000 free passes were used and that each of the 8000 did attend both days. I think it unlikely that all 8000 showed up for their free passes or that all those who did were able to attend both days. I also find the 25000 over 5 days to be questing blessed simply as it is too smooth of a number but that is just me looking at estimates of numbers, I am sure there is a clicker somewhere counting each persons entrance.

The Facebook site is against the project so take whatever they say with a questioning mind.
Here is the Facebook link.

There is some pretty damning stuff on there. Like this one:

They lied, they lied, they lied. But then, it's a fundie christian, and frankly, I am no longer surprised. Disappointed, yes, but no longer surprised. So many of them just can't walk the talk, can they?

Old 07-15-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If you want rides, go to an amusement park. This attraction is more equivalent to going to an art museum. You go to appreciate the scale and see in person how the ark looked.
Even the Dali or the Guggenheim Museums don't charge $40. And they are truly unique buildings with world class art in them. Ham's monstrosity doesn't compare.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Nope... I'm doing conract work and pretty much working around the clock going through the fed reg... they keep local on ALL THE TIME here... haven't seen 1 commercial.

I've seen a buildboard on 64 about his dinosaur thing but that's it.
Well, that explains the empty parking lot.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Live in KY... no public funds were used. Munie bonds and private donations....

And, in all honesty, most people here only had passing knowledge the thing was open. Wasn't on the news all week (nope, just typical thunderstorms).

What has been on the news all week is a huge weekend long concern in Louisville called Forecastle.

Why get worked up in arms over some guy building a silly boat when there are way more interesting things to follow.
I linked earlier a full report on how public funds were used, and that employees pay 25% more in State income tax to help pay for the bonds. Did you miss that?

Old 07-15-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
If he was defrauding public funds, that is one thing. Since this is all private, and much of it from outside of this state, why should you care?
Wrong. I gave the full expose here. Public funds ARE used.

//www.city-data.com/forum/44761138-post534.html

Old 07-15-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I linked earlier a full report on how public funds were used, and that employees pay 25% more in State income tax to help pay for the bonds. Did you miss that?
Their choice. Their job. Why should you care?

The state surely doesn't and the munie bonds are unsecured so 'taxpayers' are out NADA.

Again, not a single drop of KY funds from Frankfort were sent to this. And yes, I've read about the funding. Unsecured munies are just that.... it's called an unfunded liability that never has to be paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality