Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 09:54 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Now explain what tenet of Christianity they were following by doing that?

The same part as the tenet in atheism that causes one person to do the same, NONE. But it was a Christian blaming all atheists for the power actions of an atheist on all another atheist.

Do you also believe that if a Christian does wrong he is to blame not other Christians but if an atheist does some wrong it is because he is an atheist and all other atheists must share the blame? A simple yes or no answer should be possible. This is not a theology or science question, simply request your opinion, yes or no.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:38 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Atheism fuels their mentality. Obviously since atheists believer life has no meaning and we are just organic bodies consuming resources then I can see someone completely lose empathy and value for human life.

OTOH, claiming Christians are hypocrites because of the actions of a few is illogical and wrong.
If you believe, like you have demonstrated here, that not all people have equal rights, YOU are the hypocrite.

If you believe, like you have demonstrated here, that your religion should have supremacy over all others, YOU are the hypocrite.

If you believe, like you have demonstrated here, that the Constitution and its interpretations by SCOTUS are meaningless, YOU are the hypocrite.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
God slaughtered no one. God only took back what He gave in the first place. Your body, your talents, your job, your social life, your family, your car, all belongs to God. None of it would exist without God. He has every right to take it back.

If I built a house, gave it to a friend, and that friends uses the house to break the law or hurt people, I would want my house back. Or just tear it down.
What a twisted mentality. No wonder the framers of the Constitution didn't want government and religion be one. You know, like in Saudi Arabia or Iran. Or what ISIS wants to do.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:55 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
Obviously since atheists believer life has no meaning and we are just organic bodies consuming resources then I can see someone completely lose empathy and value for human life.
Wow. What a stinking pile of baseless, hateful, hyperbole and garbage.

Your "faith" (though I don't think it can truly be called such) must be so, so very pathetically shallow and weak. So weak and rigid you continually have to lie and spew venom to try to bolster it up. Really embarrassing and shameful of you.

Do you actually consider yourself a good Christian? Do you think the majority of other Christians would think this of you?

Quote:
...claiming Christians are hypocrites because of the actions of a few is illogical and wrong.
You're being called a hypocrite not because you are a Christian. It would be idiotic and groundless to say all Christians are hypocrites, although you constantly make similar, and worse, claims about other groups, like you just did of atheists (quoted above.)

THIS is one of the reasons you are a hypocrite. Hypocrisy is a human condition, neither exclusive to any particular group, nor true of every member of any given group.

In your case, what you so frequently and hypocritically do, is call out an entire group as fitting some stereotype and accuse them of this or that thing which you are doing at the same time.

It could be that since you consider yourself a Christian (somehow, even in light of being a marginal example of kindness, forgiveness, and being non-judgemental, at least as far as what can be deduced from what you post here) you consider yourself so special as to be above the fray, not beholden to the same standards as those lesser beings who believe differently than you.

Christian thought and belief can be a very special, profound thing. But there's nothing special about your brand of it. Your brand of it is vile and harsh and brittle. It makes me sad. If you had real faith, I think you'd have more love and acceptance in your heart, even towards those you felt weren't treating you with love and acceptance.

Rising above in this way is one of the more beautiful aspects to Christianity, to me.

I sincerely hope you find your way to some more en-light-enment. I really do. It will bring you more peace when you become less intolerant.

Or, you can come back like an angry playground kid again, with the "Waaah, they were mean to me first!" victim card.

Which chapter and verse exhorts you to behave that way?

Old 07-16-2016, 11:41 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I wonder how many god killed in the bible, not even considering the flood?

I wonder if I should Google that?
The estimate is nearly 25 million.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot....-in-bible.html

Old 07-16-2016, 11:47 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,306,440 times
I like the specific cases. Woman knows her family and everyone she's ever known, outside her husband and children, are being destroyed and she takes one last look back at the ruins of her past life. BAM! She's turned into a pillar of salt. Her husband, being the only righteous man doesn't look back, nor does he have to pay for offering his virgin daughters to the mob to "save" an "angel". You know "angels", the guys God sends down to Earth to off people who ... something or other ... I'm sure it was terrible, whatever it was, or it wouldn't have gotten God's attention.

Yeah, Bible Stories For Children, a great book!

Old 07-16-2016, 11:52 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
What about it Raffs? Do you want to have a conversation with my dear old pal and blood brother Eusebius, who never, listens, never researches, never learns, never remembers and never admits he's wrong, beaten or debunked? Or would you rather spend hours yelling at flies: "Stop that bloody buzzing!!!"
Well if the past is anything to go by...the flies seem a better bet.

Quote:
God slaughtered no one. God only took back what He gave in the first place. Your body, your talents, your job, your social life, your family, your car, all belongs to God. None of it would exist without God. He has every right to take it back.

If I built a house, gave it to a friend, and that friends uses the house to break the law or hurt people, I would want my house back. Or just tear it down.
So if I have children and they do dreadful things to others, can I kill them? After all, I'd only be taking back what I gave right?

Old 07-16-2016, 11:59 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
I like the specific cases. Woman knows her family and everyone she's ever known, outside her husband and children, are being destroyed and she takes one last look back at the ruins of her past life. BAM! She's turned into a pillar of salt. Her husband, being the only righteous man doesn't look back, nor does he have to pay for offering his virgin daughters to the mob to "save" an "angel". You know "angels", the guys God sends down to Earth to off people who ... something or other ... I'm sure it was terrible, whatever it was, or it wouldn't have gotten God's attention.

Yeah, Bible Stories For Children, a great book!
Ha...yeah. Recently mentioned this, but one of my faves is from the. Second Book of Kings, in which a group of children makes fun of the prophet Elisha's bald head. He curses them, and Yahweh sends two she-bears to maul 42 of the children to death.

Makes for great storytelling around the fire at Bible Camp, between choruses of "Kumbaya."

Old 07-16-2016, 03:17 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
What about it Raffs? Do you want to have a conversation with my dear old pal and blood brother Eusebius, who never, listens, never researches, never learns, never remembers and never admits he's wrong, beaten or debunked? Or would you rather spend hours yelling at flies: "Stop that bloody buzzing!!!"
Transponder, in spite of you attacking me, I still love ya and hope the best for you and will pray for you.
Peace,

Tony

Old 07-16-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Transponder, in spite of you attacking me, I still love ya and hope the best for you and will pray for you.
Peace,

Tony
Last guy who wanted to pray for me was my ex-wife's preacher while I was in a hospital bed.

I suggested to him that it be best for him to find something to do that would actually be helpful. He knew I was an atheist, how DARE he try and insult me when he thought I was vulnerable. NO, it is NOT a kind thing to do. It was meaningless, and a rote comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality