Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 10:35 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I take you at your word, and mean that. I don't think of you as a mean spirited person.
Stockwell Day is a YEC and when he was provincial treasurer, the Royal Tryell still received their funding and science was still taught in schools so yes, religion plays a much reduced role in our politics and our daily lives.

Jeff says you're a leftist and disagreeing with him means you are attacking all Christians. That is not nice. You must convert, to the NDP or at least the Liberals or else you hate something or someone so as to not mock him. Or did I just mock him? See I can follow the stereotype he has set forth.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Can't wait to read the reports from the other side.
I noted the astonishment that the protesters were disnclined to get drawn into a debate with a spokebod who had been bussed in to correct their 'misinformation' as they would see it.

I don't blame them. Going by the discussions I had here, and not being very impressed by the excuse for their being only THIRTY animals (though the cages may have had taped critter -noises in representing more) on board - they had to provide restroom space - serious discussion is pointless, The debate is over. Only the denial remains.

And how nice of them to provide a guided tour (I bet the protesters couldn't help being curious) and the smiling photos of Creationist with evolutionist only means - it ain't personal, and never was. Not even after the patronizing signs the creationists put up "Scoffers ahead -please be kind".

Old 07-17-2016, 11:02 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So here we get to see what happens when Christians and "free-thinkers" meet in person at the Ark encounter. First the free-thinker group tried to make up their own rules so only their voice was here. Wow so typical. They don't want an open discussion. They only want their ideology to get attention.
You spit the word 'free-thinkers' as if it's some kind of disgusting disease. Oh wait! It probably IS to you.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:51 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Someone did a pretty thorough walk through HERE

I particularly like the line about artistic licence and the man slaughtering what looks to be a triceratops.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:03 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Thanks my brother. Yeah I've complained so many times that it just irks me when people here direct the conversation towards me personally instead of the sticking to the main topic. It's not so much the personal insults that bother me, but rather the attitude that it is perfectly fine to use this tactic and mock Christians. And if I respond in a biting fashion, I'm the one doing wrong?

Fred talks about my actions. Actions? This is a discussion board. You share ideas, not actions. People act like it's real life here. Besides, I get dumped on even if I share about my real life actions. A few weeks ago, I opened up a little about my personal life and how I use the healing power of music and play fingerstyle guitar for assisted living and alzheimer patients. What was the reaction here? That I should be ashamed because I am playing for rich people. Unbelievable. I have to admit, that really offended me. It doesn't matter what we say or do. They will always find a way to criticize.
Anyone who plays fingerstyle guitar for assisted living and Alzheimer patients is okay in my book. I too play guitar. Well, LOL, I should say I play guitars in a church for people who do not believe like I do. I too like doing finger style playing and rhythm . But as long as they believe Christ died for their sins, they are my brothers and sisters. I too wish I could play for shut-ins and "old folks" homes. Someday.

I really do appreciate your patience and peaceful rejoinders to many of the attacks you face on a daily basis. Hopefully someday they will remember your patience and love and care for them.

I wouldn't doubt that Noah and family played musical instruments.

Gen 4:21 And the name of his brother is Jubal. He becomes the forefather of all who handle the harp and the shepherd's pipe.

So they probably had a nice drum set, harps and pipes on the ark to pass the time during the flood. Probably played some really nice foot stompin, hand clappin, praise songs. LOL.

Probably Ken Ham should have musical instruments in his exhibit of the ark.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Thanks my brother. Yeah I've complained so many times that it just irks me when people here direct the conversation towards me personally instead of the sticking to the main topic. It's not so much the personal insults that bother me, but rather the attitude that it is perfectly fine to use this tactic and mock Christians. And if I respond in a biting fashion, I'm the one doing wrong?

Fred talks about my actions. Actions? This is a discussion board. You share ideas, not actions. People act like it's real life here. Besides, I get dumped on even if I share about my real life actions. A few weeks ago, I opened up a little about my personal life and how I use the healing power of music and play fingerstyle guitar for assisted living and alzheimer patients. What was the reaction here? That I should be ashamed because I am playing for rich people. Unbelievable. I have to admit, that really offended me. It doesn't matter what we say or do. They will always find a way to criticize.
Jeff, I had not read your posting about playing fingerstyle guitar hence never read the negative comments. I and others have complimented you in the past for your music therapy work. By the way it was not long after that you made a complaint that atheists never had anything good to say to you.

If someone can point to me where this conversation took place I would like to go and read it.

People say things to you and you get offended. You say things to people that they find offensive and you hide behind being a Christian and we should not address what is perceived as an offensive remark or else we are attacking all of Christiandom. Maybe you truly believe that because we do not believe in a god, or believe in a different god or believe in the same God but in a different manner that we cannot be offended because our life has no meaning, according to your constant claim. I remember when Sharina posted a gentle and thoughtful post with suggestions on how you could better comunicate here and your tore her from one side to the other being offended by everything she said.

Your wish to be able to insult anyone with inpunity is simply wishful thinking. If you want to tell me my life is meaningless and I cannot be a good person just to be a good person without expectations of that person rewarding me whereas your good deeds are pure good, tell me why I or anyone else should simply accept that as if it was true.

Again if you played music good for you, a job well done. If people fould fault with you for doing bad on them, however based on your past record I am going to have to read their comments first as you are quick to twist comments in order to take them as insults.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:27 PM

20,010 posts, read 13,491,416 times
NBC News has reported some initial attendance figures, about 5,000 per day in the first 6 days. This is about 10% under Ham's expectations for routine ongoing attendance ... during a week that should be well over his figures. So it doesn't look great, but maybe more in line with state estimates that annual attendance will stabilize at 275,000 per year, or less than 800 per day.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
I saw a commercial for this today. Stirring music and voice over. Shots of people with a look of awe on their faces. I thought, until the words 'Ark Encounter' came on-screen at the end, it was a commercial for Scientology.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:08 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I saw a commercial for this today. Stirring music and voice over. Shots of people with a look of awe on their faces. I thought, until the words 'Ark Encounter' came on-screen at the end, it was a commercial for Scientology.
I still haven't.

On a lurch, I asked a couple (5) locals what they thought of it.

1 it's silly
1 'is that the same idiot with the creation museum'?
3 b, wtf are you talking about

Old 07-17-2016, 07:40 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Just was thinking of this, if Ken wanted to stick to the story, why didn't he build it himself? Why did he need so much money and a construction crew?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality