Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 10:54 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Good grief, do you blame God for everything?
I don't necessarily feel this would right, even for a devout believer. But you gotta admit, God gets the credit for a whooole lot, yet never seems to get any blame. In the face of something bad, people are so prone to saying "Well, that was because humans are so messed up" or "Well, that was down to the Devil."

For example, I live in Tornado Alley and I have literally seen people, in the wake of a twister, say "Well, I lost my home, my truck, my pets and my two youngest children, but THANK GOD the rest of us are safe!"

Pfft...so somehow your god is not responsible for the actual tornado and destruction of so much of your life and family, BUT he should be thanked and praised for preserving you and half your children?

It's just...nonsensical. And this is just one example. We see this kind of thing all the time.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:04 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Good grief, do you blame God for everything?? Man has zero accountability? Is it God's fault that ISIS murders and tortures people? Man was extremely wicked but for some reason you think it is ridiculous or evil for God to erase that wickedness. So what's the alternate? Do nothing and let evil thrive. Even we would wipe ourselves out. We're heading towards that path again with more and more despicable leaders obtaining the ability to fire a nuke at any country they want.

Man is to blame. Man. Not God. God just cleans up our mess. You people need to wake up. Groups like ISIS and Hamas are descendants of these evil people that God wanted wiped out. They can't be reason with. They only have hate and murder in their hearts and extreme hatred for the Jews. Why the Jews? Out of all nations, this peaceful tiny nation is the focal point that could trigger WW3. Just like the Bible predicted. The Bible is real and true.

Hamas grew out of the ineffectiveness of the PLO from getting free from Israeli rule. Most of the Middle East conflict with Israel grew out of the way the colonial powers divided up the lands and decided that Israel should be created there. Prior to this Jews and Muslims lived in better peace then Jews and Christians did in Europe. So you are mostly wrong thinking that this hate goes back 2000 years or more.

I think you are wrong about Hamas not being able to be reasoned with. What is your alternative, wait until God does something or to commit genocide on the Palestinian people? Demonizing Hamas will only spread more hatred and prevent peace from ever occurring. ISIS is an example of religious fervor gone amok and again the solution is not hate and killings but dealing peacefully with those who have not yet joined it.

The major problem with people like your type of thinking is they get their morals and judgements from the Bible and do not look for what caused current situations nor look at practical means to accomplish what we need to do.

If Noah and his family are the sole survivors of the flood then the extremists in the Middle East, or the groups that use to terrorize Northern Ireland are not decedents of the wicked people that your God wanted to wipe out but of the chosen family he saved.

And calling Israel a peaceful nation is pushing your agenda. They used terrorism to get the state created and some of their governments have been terrible the way they treat their neighbours or the Arab population. Other Israeli governments have been much better and there are many Jews within Israel who do not agree with their current government.

Hamas and ISIS have separate goals and different reasons for their existence and none of it can be traced back to your global flood, unless the story is false and others did survive. So we must except from you that it was right for God to erase all the wicked people from the Earth but now you claim that today's wicked, or those who view as wicked, are decedents of these wicked people that your God wiped out.

I know you do not like answering questions but would rather just insult people but I will ask the question anyways:

Did God wipe out all the wicked people in the flood or did he allow wicked people to survive and they are the reason there are Muslim terrorist groups?

Old 07-19-2016, 11:24 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I know you do not like answering questions but would rather just insult people but I will ask the question anyways:

Did God wipe out all the wicked people in the flood or did he allow wicked people to survive and they are the reason there are Muslim terrorist groups?
Hi badlander, I realize the above is asked of Jeff, but allow me to pull an O.J. and take a stab at it.

There are none righteous, in the absolute sense. There are some who are "righteous" in a relative sense in relation to other humans. Noah, absolutely speaking, was not a righteous man. That is why the historic account says "Noah found grace with God." An imperfect person needs grace. Noah was imperfect. He was flesh and soulish. He was also what the historic account says "a preacher of righteousness." So in relation to the people of the world back then, Noah had a relative righteousness but he was still a sinner.

It was not the ones who survived the flood but some of their offspring who are the reason for Muslim terrorist groups. You see, the 7 others who survived were also just relatively righteous, not absolutely so. Due to death operating in all 8 humans who survived the flood, they still sinned. But they were not as egregious sinners as those around them. Noah and family obeyed God. The rest of those in the world did not.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
You mean thats not how it was planned from the beginning?
No, it's not how it went.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:32 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
You mean thats not how it was planned from the beginning?
For a guy that supposedly doesn't believe, you sure spend a lot of time asking questions. Just place your faith in Christ already--we can tell that's where you're going.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:33 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
Good grief, do you blame God for everything?? Man has zero accountability? Is it God's fault that ISIS murders and tortures people? Man was extremely wicked but for some reason you think it is ridiculous or evil for God to erase that wickedness. So what's the alternate? Do nothing and let evil thrive. Even we would wipe ourselves out. We're heading towards that path again with more and more despicable leaders obtaining the ability to fire a nuke at any country they want.

Man is to blame. Man. Not God. God just cleans up our mess. You people need to wake up. Groups like ISIS and Hamas are descendants of these evil people that God wanted wiped out. They can't be reason with. They only have hate and murder in their hearts and extreme hatred for the Jews. Why the Jews? Out of all nations, this peaceful tiny nation is the focal point that could trigger WW3. Just like the Bible predicted. The Bible is real and true.
I blame God for nothing, seeing as how I don't believe he exists.

The point is, Jeff, I DO blame people for everything, because I do not believe in God. We are responsible for our own actions. However, you blame people for everything, even though you claim your God created us..... So either your God messed up, proving he isn't all that great, or he didn't, in which case it WOULD be his fault.... You assign no fault to your God, even though he is supposedly our "supreme creator" or whatever.

As far as the other nonsense, they hate who they hate because their books tell them to. You know, like you hate gays, other religions, atheists, etc, because your religious book tells you to. But hey, let your racist flag fly, buddy. Just shows people what your version of Christianity is all about. Hate.

The Bible has WAY WAY too many issues to be "real and true". Sorry, that is simply reality, which some of us prefer.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:37 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I don't necessarily feel this would right, even for a devout believer. But you gotta admit, God gets the credit for a whooole lot, yet never seems to get any blame. In the face of something bad, people are so prone to saying "Well, that was because humans are so messed up" or "Well, that was down to the Devil."

For example, I live in Tornado Alley and I have literally seen people, in the wake of a twister, say "Well, I lost my home, my truck, my pets and my two youngest children, but THANK GOD the rest of us are safe!"

Pfft...so somehow your god is not responsible for the actual tornado and destruction of so much of your life and family, BUT he should be thanked and praised for preserving you and half your children?

It's just...nonsensical. And this is just one example. We see this kind of thing all the time.
Nail on the head, Griffis.

In fundy world, God gets all the credit, and none of the blame. Humans are simply filth who don't deserve to live, but due to God's "loving nature" or whatever, we are allowed to exist for a few decades. Unless we are killed by someone or something that God is unable or unwilling to stop, of course.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:47 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Hi badlander, I realize the above is asked of Jeff, but allow me to pull an O.J. and take a stab at it.

There are none righteous, in the absolute sense. There are some who are "righteous" in a relative sense in relation to other humans. Noah, absolutely speaking, was not a righteous man. That is why the historic account says "Noah found grace with God." An imperfect person needs grace. Noah was imperfect. He was flesh and soulish. He was also what the historic account says "a preacher of righteousness." So in relation to the people of the world back then, Noah had a relative righteousness but he was still a sinner.

It was not the ones who survived the flood but some of their offspring who are the reason for Muslim terrorist groups. You see, the 7 others who survived were also just relatively righteous, not absolutely so. Due to death operating in all 8 humans who survived the flood, they still sinned. But they were not as egregious sinners as those around them. Noah and family obeyed God. The rest of those in the world did not.

By Noah and his family do you mean just his immediate family but not his great grandchildren?

do you really think that conditions in the Middle East had no factor in the creation of Hamas? Did the conditions that the English imposed on the Irish have not bearing on the terrorists groups what worked to free Eire and tried to have Northern Ireland join it?

I appreciate you answering the question. I still do not understand the story of why all these wicked people had to be killed and their children, infants and even fetuses plus all the bunnies and kittens and baby rhinos when it the wickedness just starts over again. I also do not see how Hamas's fight for independence and becoming its own nation can be in Biblical literalist logic Eve's fault. Or how not looking at the reasons for the causes of terrorism and wars or suffering within man is the right way of solving problems but at the same time claiming it is man's fault. If we are so wicked that even killing almost all of us off and we become terrorist because man is wicked then why even try to solve problems like the Middle East or the Problems that was in Northern Ireland. The latter was more or less solved by humans working on a problem and the cut off of supplies to the terrorists after 911.

Do you not see that placing the blame on problems on man being wicked is not going to find solutions to the problems.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:49 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, it's not how it went.
Are you saying god does not plan?

Old 07-19-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Are you saying god does not plan?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality