Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 10:18 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The Southern Pride of bigots and racists. The rest of us? Not so much. It represents oppression, slavery, bigotry, and racism.

You grew up watching a television show with good old boys, and a car with the Confederate Flag on top.
Let us not forget the woman in her daisy dukes and perky breasts.

The flag is a symbol of oppression, bigotry and racism. The daisy dukes were for your erectile pleasure.

The racists and bigots are easy to spot. We know them by their flags. They often call themselves patriots and fly the Gadsden flag, too.
Erectile pleasure is a bad thing?

Oh, hold it. I forgot. We have many on here who think it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 10:30 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Erectile pleasure is a bad thing?

Oh, hold it. I forgot. We have many on here who think it is.
Bad, Boy... Oh, not you Cupper. That is an homage to penis naming.

Oh.... I forgot... For fundamentalist ideologues it was all about the General Lee.

Bad General Lee.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:38 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
No surprise that this happened in the south, Georgia to be exact. The State that has as many strip joints as churches along the interstates, but I digress.

Seems one county thinks it is perfectly OK to fly a christian flag in its courthouse. No, Jethro, it is not. FFRF has reminded them of what the law is, but one can suspect this will go to a trial.

I'm sure there are plenty here who see nothing wrong with this, or will cry persecution. What would your perspective be if the an islamic flag were flown... you know, one green with a star inside of a crescent moon.

https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/...gia-courthouse
Prepare for the Islamic flag to be flown and with that faith, there is no separation between church and state.

I remember when they took prayer out of the schools and now, this is what I see:

Eid Al-Adha 2015: New York City Schools Observing Muslim Holiday For First Time

Why some US districts are adding Muslim holidays to the school calendar - CSMonitor.com

After granting two Muslim holidays, what's next for the Philly School District?

Understand that Christianity is nothing compared to Islam. I have sure everyone has seen in the news that most, if not all, Muslims believe that their religion and sharia law should trump over our Constitution.

Suggest everyone take a long hard look at what is happening. I want separation of church and state, ALL religions. Wake up America!

Old 07-17-2016, 02:16 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Prepare for the Islamic flag to be flown and with that faith, there is no separation between church and state.

I remember when they took prayer out of the schools and now, this is what I see:

Eid Al-Adha 2015: New York City Schools Observing Muslim Holiday For First Time

Why some US districts are adding Muslim holidays to the school calendar - CSMonitor.com

After granting two Muslim holidays, what's next for the Philly School District?

Understand that Christianity is nothing compared to Islam. I have sure everyone has seen in the news that most, if not all, Muslims believe that their religion and sharia law should trump over our Constitution.

Suggest everyone take a long hard look at what is happening. I want separation of church and state, ALL religions. Wake up America!
School holidays should recognize every culture and faith.. Time to make room for other religions and cultures.

Wake up yourself. We are a multicultural society.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
School holidays should recognize every culture and faith.. Time to make room for other religions and cultures.

Wake up yourself. We are a multicultural society.
Yep. That's the flip -side of insisting that we should respect Christian traditions where not prohibited by Law. We are obligated to afford the same rights to other faiths - or none. And the Christians start beefing about about "Shariya law taking over".

That's why no religion in school, or we would be obliged to teach the Shinto creation myth in the science class - never mind teaching the alternative - to Genesis - evolutionary theory in the religion class. The truth is that Christianity doesn't want religious freedom - they want religious privilege - for themselves and nobody else.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:17 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,040 times
Quote:
Oh, that would be those ******* judges who know nothing about the Constitution. According to Vizio.
Yeah, I get it. Generations of people who have actually studied the law have it wrong. Luckily some anonymous small town preacher has it all figured out through his relentless pursuit of not going to law school. Makes perfect sense.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:28 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Yeah, I get it. Generations of people who have actually studied the law have it wrong. Luckily some anonymous small town preacher has it all figured out through his relentless pursuit of not going to law school. Makes perfect sense.
Or maybe those people that have spent their lives "studying" the law are biased and they would rather just keep the status quo than to upset the cart.

Rather than blindly accept the opinions of others, are you able to think for yourself? Have you ever considered what the Constitution actually says, rather than what people say about it?

Old 07-18-2016, 09:31 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
The Southern Pride of bigots and racists. The rest of us? Not so much. It represents oppression, slavery, bigotry, and racism.

You grew up watching a television show with good old boys, and a car with the Confederate Flag on top.
Let us not forget the woman in her daisy dukes and perky breasts.

The flag is a symbol of oppression, bigotry and racism. The daisy dukes were for your erectile pleasure.

The racists and bigots are easy to spot. We know them by their flags. They often call themselves patriots and fly the Gadsden flag, too.
I was a kid. I honestly didn't really appreciate Daisy's beauty at the time. But thanks for assigning motive where it didn't exist. Honestly...there was nothing racist about the show. The flag on the car had nothing to do with racism.

I feel bad for you that you see racism an intolerance everywhere it doesn't exist. I don't know what kind of life that you have had or what kind of guilt you've developed over the years for that to happen.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:42 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Or maybe those people that have spent their lives "studying" the law are biased and they would rather just keep the status quo than to upset the cart.

Rather than blindly accept the opinions of others, are you able to think for yourself? Have you ever considered what the Constitution actually says, rather than what people say about it?
You mean lie the opinions of Madison and Jefferson, who explained what the 1st Amendment actually meant, and that is the basis of the 1947 SCOTUS decision? What would those framers know, right?

Old 07-18-2016, 10:42 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

Oh I do love it when the religious apologists finds themselves on the wrong side of science, the law and logical reason. Then science, the law and logical reason suddenly become...I am sure I have said this before... a global conspiracy to lie about the truth in order to discredit religion, either because they are biased themselves or to avoid upsetting a globally powerful cabal of the numerically insignificant atheist community.

The Law, old mate exists to help society in the US function. It varies from country to country. The US has a constitution; we don't. Yet the Law is the law and has to be, or we may as well not have one.

And have you ever tried thinking for yourself rather than just accepting what others tell you? I don't mean within the religious Box. I mean questioning what you have been told to believe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality