Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 01:09 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times

Advertisements

I think they all have a part of some truth...because they all are inspired by a spirit of truth..or some commonality...Prophets...messiah...teachers...

I believe all people have a truth in them...be it knowledge or wisdom of a experience that is unexplainable...
Does this make us prophets?...No...but when the experience is shared, and like minded people unionize...then a religion is formed...if the religion is based on truth...it will stand all tests of time, and answer all questions posed to it...
At this time...the Jewish religion is still being revealed....and some of the prophicies are coming true, that Jesus spoke about...
Now I think Jesus thought it all out...when he was born..he studied the Torra...and that was the word of God to him...and then he studied the jewish religion as it was being practiced...and he saw error, after error, after error with the whole lot....from when they came out of the wilderness, murdering, and slaying, and coveting others lands...saying it was theirs by God's word...to using a IDol God said not to have....and this is what Killed Jesus...Pointing out their errors, and trying to change it back to what God wanted...by way of the commandments, to which he adds one...Love eachother...because murder brings sin onto those who do it, and those who support it...And the money is the idol of ingraven images...And We all know what Jesus thought about that, if he kicks it out of his fathers house...or his house...if he was the son of God...

When asked if He was a messiah or son of God by the other faith...It didn;t matter what Jesus said to them, because they did not believe in him...for he was not for war and killing the enemies..and they were.

So if Jesus said he was the son of God..he would be called a blasphemer and tried for his crime...which was death.

And when he finally did claim to be the son or even God himself...they laughed and tested him to see...when he passed all the tests, and even surpassed them, and found them Guilty of having possession of the IDol...cause he asked them to show him the coin, which he did not look upon....they confessed right there and then....Jesus says Give it back to the owner Caesar and hold it no longer...but give onto God what belongs to God..(obediance of th e commandments)
But they did not listen to him...and plotted his death...by way of bribes, and the lure of Money.

Jesus is in part part truth!...and truth cannot change...it is constant, and constantly trying to reveal itself...because it is eternal!

And the other religions might have part of the truth too...and so if we take all the truths and commonsense out of all ot the religions...we Join in union all the tribes!
The next thing is to understand that the plants God gave us are to glorify the Kingdom...as it once was Eden, was not, and is to come...that means eventually Global warming and planet pollution will be so bad...they will change their stupid law prohibiting Marijuana and or any other plants...and cometogether in full comminality to restore EDEN....and do it sinlessly...because that will be the last untraveled path...that reverses the sins, and gains forgiveness!

Forgiveness is not so we continue to sin...it is to help us see God's love, and help us stop sinning.

Someone said religion is a state of control....Yes it is...to self rule into helping the greator good to god by oneself is the glory...

And if they hate control...MONEY IS CONTROL...hate that eh?

Now I can point this out to you...As it is said...All Lies come from Satan/Lucifer/Devil...and we have a monitary value system with MONEY...and the money has a face value...the value on it is not the true value on the open market...thus the face value is not the true Value....and that means it is lying...
And so Now we know where the money comes from...and it also says in the Bible...that Money is the root to ALL Evil....and if we look into the world humans are making with it...yes there is great sin and evil in the world...because of it!...again Jesus spoke the truth..."Your making a den of robbers and thieves" as he kicked out the money changers and their tables...from the house of God....and someone brought it back in after he died...and changed the scriptures here and there to make it look like it is ok...when it is a commandment already spoken by God not to break...

That is what Jesus was pointing at!///
Now As for the other religions...they might have some insight into how to live, and how to behave in ways that are pleasing to the lord...I don't know those religions...but if we share, and care for eachother, and help as best we can...I think that is what God is in part about....
the greator good...that we tend and keep the garden is by far the most common sense out of the bible...for we all need it to be what we are "HUMAN" untill we no longer need it...but should we carelessly destroy it with stupidity?......and the direction this world is taking with consuming with out putting back enough...eventually it will end...it will die...So commonsense compells us to take care of it....

See in the Bible..it says..."Woe to them who harm the earth"....I think it is a warning that is now relivant in time....Global warming?..Pollution of the elementals...and warfare for profits and Gains, while asking for humansacrifices.....

Are we on the same page?

Truth...it is showing signs!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The Christian Bible has numerous quotes from Jesus stating that he is "The Son of God and Messiah".

The Quran and Islam says that Jesus was only a Prophet and when asked by Allah directly if he (Jesus) made such claims, Jesus denied it.

And, Judism and the Jews basically say that the Jesus was an imposter and lunatic deserving of death on the cross; And that the true Messiah has not come to Earth to redeem the children of Israel.

Which account do you believe? Is this entire story about Jesus simply a myth or story from the ancient past? If that is true, then Christianity would probably qualify as worlds greatest fabrication.

Agree or Disagree?
Hello there,
I can tell you how each side denies the other, and I'll leave it for you to decide, because if you really want to know the truth you have to dig up yourself, read unbiased text and so on.

The three religions agree that there is "Jesus" which is a prophet from God who was assigned to spread his word and faith.
Jews, believe that the Jesus we know is not the real Jesus, as you said.
Christians, believe that he is Jesus and he was crucified.
Muslims, believe that Jesus was there, however the one crucified was a double, some scholars agree that the double was Judas.

Jews and Christians believe that the Muslim's prophet "Muhammad" isn't the prophet of God, and that the Quraan (Islam's verbal text) is of his creation. So they claim that if they were convinced that the Quraan is the word of God, they'd be Muslims.
Muslims on their turn provide diagrammatic and scientific evidences that Quraan is not the words of man, for it was there 1400 years ago, and some scientific theories proved in the 20th and 21st centuries are discussed in it as facts, such theories could have never been known to nomads at that time, try to google for "islam-guide".

I don't have statistics, but I believe:
Christianity is the widest spread religion
Islam is the fastest growing religion

Old 04-05-2010, 02:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Who Is Lying Here, Christianity, Islam, or Judism?

Yes...

Old 04-05-2010, 02:56 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
I am lieing here. I think I'd sleep best as a Jew.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:42 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamis View Post
Muslims, believe that Jesus was there, however the one crucified was a double, some scholars agree that the double was Judas.
I have heard many theories about scams concerning Christ's being raised from the dead, but none were particularly Muslim. The Muslims who I know believe Jesus was just another prophet, as is Mohammad, but Mohammad's revelations are the newest and latest from God. That's what I think they believe, at least.

There are also some scholars who question that Jesus ever existed, partly because so much of Christianity seems to be taken from religions of that time period or before.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
[quote=khamis;13603875]Jews, believe that the Jesus we know is not the real Jesus, as you said.

Jews believe that the Jesus we know is not the real Jesus? Explain please.......

Old 04-14-2010, 05:36 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Is this entire story about Jesus simply a myth or story from the ancient past? If that is true, then Christianity would probably qualify as worlds greatest fabrication.

Agree or Disagree?
Agree!

Old 04-14-2010, 05:44 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i think the post attempts to put jesus in a negative light. something i have to honestly say, i dont know any muslim to do.
what it looks like is somebody with an axe to grind is attempting to borrow islam to do it.
many anti god posts on CDF are actually launched by religious people who are part of the "earth religion" group, also religion but just a different one. they hide behind separation of church and state but actually want to surplant theirs for ours.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:02 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
There are plenty of people on this Earth who would insist that, in fact, you're the one who's wrong.
67% of the world population think he's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
It's about the fact that God is real, and Christ is real.
That's not a "fact", it's a belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The writers of the new testament read the old, and simply wrote the so called fulfilled prophesies in....
Quite so sir, as evidenced by Campbell's link to his alleged 'fulfilled prophecies'. When we look at his fulfilled prophecies we see that every single one on the list relies on the NT for confirmation of fulfilment. Talk about circular reasoning!!!

Last edited by Rafius; 04-14-2010 at 06:19 AM..

Old 04-14-2010, 08:34 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
We don't believe in the same God, though. Judaism's understanding is incomplete and islam is just wrong.

That's part of the reason bin laden flew airplanes into buildings on 9/11. He thinks his god is the correct one and we are infidels.

Well what is coming out of your message is not much different. You too don't think either Judaism or Islam is right. Christians think no one other then Christians are going to be saved.

You may just be saying Judaism is incomplete but we are no different in your eyes then in the Muslim eye...... an unbeliever and headed to hell....

When both Christianity and Islam have taken much from the Hebrew scriptures and made it their own. Its strange you take from the Book of a people who you say are unbelievers and thus not saved.

Oh wait.... Christians took the book that came from the people they say are unbelievers and headed to hell.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality