Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 06:53 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,179,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As long as we have religions who think they have the only truth they will kill for that truth.
That is why all religions should be abolished, since every religion thinks they have the truth....The world would be a far better place without religion.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:57 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,743,599 times
Who Is Lying Here, Christianity, Islam, or Judism? all of the above..

Old 12-25-2009, 07:31 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,166,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Just like you others believe in their religion. Thats what causes the issues is the notion both of you think you are right and you have the only truth.

Maybe there is only one truth or maybe there is more then one truth. Only God knows for sure. Even I don't dare to say I have the only truth. Each of us takes a path that is right for us. My walk with God fills my spirit and soul and I know its right for me. Your walk is right for you.
Well, everybody has to find their own way to God, but in regard to God's spiritual truths, there is only one truth... so our challenge is to discover just what it is, not what our fallible minds think, hope or believe it is.

We must pray to God to show us what HIS truth is, and only then, are we walking on the right path, which is God's path... and this is the path I take.

Perhaps, you and I believe the same truth, but we merely use different words to express it... and that's the beauty of having a personal relationship with God, as we are all unique individuals.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:48 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,875,398 times
Who Is Lying Here, Christianity, Islam, or Judism?

Well there are more than just two options, A. All of the above or B. None of the above, they are simply mistaken and therefore not lying. Is it possible to be lying if you do not know you are not telling the truth?

Old 12-26-2009, 08:56 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,048,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, everybody has to find their own way to God, but in regard to God's spiritual truths, there is only one truth... so our challenge is to discover just what it is, not what our fallible minds think, hope or believe it is.

We must pray to God to show us what HIS truth is, and only then, are we walking on the right path, which is God's path... and this is the path I take.

Perhaps, you and I believe the same truth, but we merely use different words to express it... and that's the beauty of having a personal relationship with God, as we are all unique individuals.
Tis true, but thats not what Christianity says. It says all who are not Christian are going to hell and they have the only truth.

I don't walk with Jesus I walk with the Creator of the Universe, and it is my truth. I would not say what is anyone elses truth, but I know God walks with me.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:59 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,837,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The Christian Bible has numerous quotes from Jesus stating that he is "The Son of God and Messiah".

The Quran and Islam says that Jesus was only a Prophet and when asked by Allah directly if he (Jesus) made such claims, Jesus denied it.

And, Judism and the Jews basically say that the Jesus was an imposter and lunatic deserving of death on the cross; And that the true Messiah has not come to Earth to redeem the children of Israel.

Which account do you believe? Is this entire story about Jesus simply a myth or story from the ancient past? If that is true, then Christianity would probably qualify as worlds greatest fabrication.

Agree or Disagree?

The Quran, revealed after the Torah and the Gospel, gives the true answer.

Jesus Christ was a prophet and an honored apostle of God, and Jesus was a man and a son of man like all other people: they are sons of man.

Jesus was an apostle like the apostles passed before him: he ate food and the endresult of the food will be the dirt of the bowel motion; therefore he is not any god neither yet any son of God.

The Christ cannot do any miracle of his own accord, like other apostles; the miracle is done by God for the apostle to prove to people that their apostle is truthful.

The Christ was denied by most of Jews at his time: so those who believed him were called the Christians, and those who denied him remained as the Jews.

Jesus cannot save anyone unless this one believes in God alone without associate.

And the Christ was not crucified nor was killed; he was saved from their wickedness, then after some time later he died and his spirit went to heaven in the neighborhood of God Most Gracious.

<quran-ayat.com/conflict/english3.htm#Their_Stand_Against_the_Christ_>

Last edited by eanassir; 12-26-2009 at 09:10 AM..

Old 12-26-2009, 09:57 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,166,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Tis true, but thats not what Christianity says. It says all who are not Christian are going to hell and they have the only truth.

I don't walk with Jesus I walk with the Creator of the Universe, and it is my truth. I would not say what is anyone elses truth, but I know God walks with me.
Well, see there, we may actually follow the same path, as I am very committed to my Father in Heaven. I only walk with Jesus insofar as I follow his teachings and that's to pray to God for His Divine Love.

I am not a mainstream Christian. I am a New Birth, or Divine Love, Christian. And I disagree with the Christian dogma that if we don't believe in Jesus, we're going to hell. There are many spheres of love and light in the Heavens that have nothing to do with Jesus. I am just more interested in going to the highest sphere, and that's where Jesus is the Master of the Celestial Heavens.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:21 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,266,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The Christian Bible has numerous quotes from Jesus stating that he is "The Son of God and Messiah".

The Quran and Islam says that Jesus was only a Prophet and when asked by Allah directly if he (Jesus) made such claims, Jesus denied it.

And, Judism and the Jews basically say that the Jesus was an imposter and lunatic deserving of death on the cross; And that the true Messiah has not come to Earth to redeem the children of Israel.

Which account do you believe? Is this entire story about Jesus simply a myth or story from the ancient past? If that is true, then Christianity would probably qualify as worlds greatest fabrication.

Agree or Disagree?

i think that the most accurate title for ths thread should to be
who have the truth here , christianity , islam or jews

that's becuase : firstly none of those three intend to lie , it's just what they believe
secondly , judaism have nothing to do with character of jesus , OT prophised the coming of massaih , so some of them believed that jesus is the one while jews still waiting another one . so we can say that jews don't believe him , not saying that judaism said such or such about him

as for christianity and islam :
i think that not the bible nor the quran lied , i believe that quran denied jesus to be the son of God (in it's divinity sense)

and i believe that christians just mistranslated or misunderstood the actual meaning of " son of God " when they find it written in the bible .
and it's very easy to know in which sense the bible wrote " son of God " , they just need to read the entire bible , because this words repeated many times in the bible refering to other people

thanx

Old 12-26-2009, 04:23 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,976,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hali-g View Post
im a muslim but i hadnt really thought about that. so being biased i will say islam is right lol
Jesus was the only one in history to fulfill the 300 prophecies of the Old Testament. And there wqs only a very narrow window of time that would allow for their fulfillment. He even fulfilled the one that stated His own people would reject Him, and He would be betrayed by a friend. And he would only be worth 30 pieces of silver. And He also fulfilled the prophecy that stated, He would die for the sins of many.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:40 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,179,584 times
The writers of the new testament read the old, and simply wrote the so called fulfilled prophesies in....That is where lying for Jesus began.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.