Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 07:23 AM

37,497 posts, read 61,517,507 times

Advertisements

Bible 'promises' from the books of Judges and Ruth.

I am doing a project to find all Bible promises that I can. Some say there are hundreds of them, others say there are thousands of promises in the Bible.

I have reviewed the site TOS. I am not asking 'only' Christians, because this is not a Christian-only discussion.

I have found a few websites that mention Bible promises, but they list only a few dozen.

So I have began working through the books of the Bible to find them. For now just focusing on the books of Judges and Ruth, what promises can you find?

Please list them in this thread.

Thank you,
may God bless and keep you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 05:29 AM

37,497 posts, read 61,517,507 times
The nearest thing I can find is Ruth 2:12 The Lord recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:15 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,431,346 times
Edit: I now see there are threads regarding promises in diff books...
sorry these are not from Ruth or Judges...I misunderstood how
specific you wanted it..but I will leave this post:

I own a couple small books on Bible promises...so instead of going to those books
I will list directives I follow that basically are promises that if you do them work...

-Do not worry
-Be anxious for nothing
-Give your burdens to Jesus, God
-Cast your cares
-Delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
-Focus on the things above and not the things on the earth.
-Ask, believe and receive...believe you already have the thing you have asked for

I live by these...100%...I mean it, since Jan '06...the first couple of weeks you can catch your 'mind/devil/thoughts/ego thought system' habitually falling back into the groove of worldly thinking...doubt, fear, lack of faith in your loving Father....but you laugh at those thoughts and
stay the course.

I know no one in my life that actually follows these promises or directives.
I ask people, please, just do them for one week and SEE!
Trust God 100% for everything...like the birds of the field and the father that gives bread and not a stone.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 03-07-2017 at 06:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality