Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2017, 07:20 PM

611 posts, read 281,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am one of those people who say that the word of God is fact, but it is spiritual and only can be understood through spiritual ways. Any one law we discuss, it's not going to be about what you read of that one law, you could pick any law, and maybe I know the meaning, maybe I don't, but each and every law has a spiritual meaning, everything said is said in a secret language.

The dietary laws are not laws about eating food at all, they concern unclean spirits, unclean people, Gentiles and many more things. The laws of sacrifice are not speaking of killing animals, but they are teaching you how to die to the sinful man within you. It doesn't matter what law you choose, you aren't getting what it is teaching and that's what Messiah came to do, Messiah came teaching great secrets of Torah and he proved this without a doubt in his parables because his parables are ALWAYS translating law, and he is showing just how much he knew of the law.

Example.

''Come and eat of my flesh''

This is what any Jew could say when he knows the law, the priests took over the responsibility of the Passover lamb after the first Passover, and now priests would stand in the stead of the first born sons as it was in Egypt, and then this same law was expended and EVOLVED that each Gentile was a first born son BECAUSE God took ten tribes and seeded those tribes into all Gentile nations, and they were waiting on the return of the ten lost tribes, and Jesus stands out as a Jew, and as a rabbi saying,'' I am your Passover lamb, I will teach you, and I will betroth you back into Israel, and I will stand in your stead because you are a first born son, and I am a Jew.''

They didn't understand this at first, but he was just showing secrets of the law that had God planting tribes into all the nations of the world so that the Jew and the Gentile could become one people and global peace would be ushered in, and he said all this just by saying,'' Come and eat of my flesh.''
The dietary laws are not about food? Not about kosher? Not about a pure cow recipe?
And the sacrificing of animals is not about killing animals?
Oh, excuse me. I thought you were actually killing animals and sacrificing them.

-

Old 12-04-2017, 12:29 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This has nothing to do with belief in God. It is a worthy goal for any of us, period. The reason you are so off base in these discussions is that you are emoting and NOT reasoning. That is also why you accept without question everything written in your sacred texts even when it contradicts what you recommend in this very post. What you say in this quote has NOTHING to do with whether or not you believe in God or you accept what is in writings supposed to be from God. It expresses a goal we all would be wise to aspire to whatever we believe about God. Your focus on it obstructs your reasoning about the content of your beliefs about God. I guess it is a sign of the times that our society has become so sensitive and offense-taking instead of rational and reasoning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
LOL, this mentality of not believing the word of God is the word of God is so irrational and confusing that I can't get my mind around how you believe Mystic, and it seems that I am one of the last holdouts to believe God has a word or not.
Your problem is thinking EVERYTHING you have that is written is from God. That is why you fail. You are trying to accommodate the ignorance and superstitions of men with the revelations of God from Jesus. You test NOTHING against the Holy Spirit that Jesus described in detail. You are trying to pretend that Jesus revealed the savagery of the OT under the veil of ignorance (blind minds) because you think Judaism is the correct religion. It has nothing to do with the correct religion. It has everything to do with knowing the TRUE NATURE of God that Jesus came to reveal and demonstrate.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:48 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
And you call this a reasonable argument with your own mind?
Well, Hanni's mind is ..ummm .. unique.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:51 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
well that doesn't seem like a fundy. I mean I am not religious, and don't do messiah type stuff past metaphors, but I get your point here.

why are you called a fundy then?
I am not a Fundy, not a Christian. I practice Judaism, I didn't believe in hell like Christians. I believe pretty much everyone is saved. The big bang happened, evolution happened.

All the scriptures of hell are Jewish idioms about the feast of Tabernacles whether you receive the rain or not.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
And you call this a reasonable argument with your own mind?
What is not reasonable?

Somebody teaches against the God of Israel, his laws and his prophets can't choose a Messiah from a God they proved wrong.

It isn't reasonable to believe in Jesus as a Messiah after you prove that Jesus could not have been the Messiah.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your problem is thinking EVERYTHING you have that is written is from God. That is why you fail. You are trying to accommodate the ignorance and superstitions of men with the revelations of God from Jesus. You test NOTHING against the Holy Spirit that Jesus described in detail. You are trying to pretend that Jesus revealed the savagery of the OT under the veil of ignorance (blind minds) because you think Judaism is the correct religion. It has nothing to do with the correct religion. It has everything to do with knowing the TRUE NATURE of God that Jesus came to reveal and demonstrate.
O, so your the one who has the Holy spirit, I have a dying cousin, can you help?

Again, you prove God wrong and you have no Messiah to speak of, and yeah, I do pretty much speak for God on here. You see me on here every day defending God from Christians who call him a barbarian and then they try and prove his son was a false prophet. Imagine that.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
The dietary laws are not about food? Not about kosher? Not about a pure cow recipe?
And the sacrificing of animals is not about killing animals?
Oh, excuse me. I thought you were actually killing animals and sacrificing them.

-
Yeah, no, we don't sacrifice anymore, dang I wished we did. The Palestinian people living in Shechem have been sacrificing the Passover lamb on Shechem for thousands of years, last time I checked, they were still doing it, but I read a big piece in N.G. about how they were going extinct, these people claiming to also be Israel.

Ya know, I am kindly starting to like you, A LOT.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
It was not what God wanted, not done to please God, he is not the bloodthirsty one. We Are. That is the the differing point between us here, as I see it.
This is the point, it was NOT what God wanted.

Why didn't God just go into Egypt to take his people out of Egypt? God couldn't do that because they were under a covenant with Egypt, and it was Egypt who HAD to offer Israel their freedom. The story of Israel obtaining those earrings was everything to do with a covenant. When a master takes on a slave, he is supposed to set that slave free at some point, but in many cases, the slave does not want his freedom, and so when a slave refuses his liberty because he wants to stay in his Master's house, you take that slave and stand him against the door and you put a hole in his ear, then the master puts an earring in his ear so that all may see that the master offered his servant freedom, but the servant refused to go, and that earring is there just as the master's voice is in the ear of the servant.

When Israel decided to go back to their Pagan Egyptian ways, they literally took the voice of the master right out of their ears, and those earrings represented the voice of God, and with the voice of God they committed adultery by building that golden calf.

UNDERSTAND THIS.

Moses had come down from that mountain with the law of freedom and liberty, and in his hand was a Ketubah, a marriage contract between he and his bride. Now when Moses saw them committing adultery EVERYTHING CHANGED.

Do you get that?

UNDERSTAND THIS, God had chosen Israel out of all the people in the world to become a nation of priests and kings, and God had brought Israel to that mountain with one intent, and this was that God would marry and consummate a marriage with Israel right there at that mountain. When this happened, all of Israel would have become pregnant with the spirit of God to birth a brand new creature, the child of God.

Right there and then, their bodies would have given birth to truly free people with a law of liberty and freedom, and this marriage and miracle birth was the whole point, but Moses comes down and finds out that they had committed adultery, and now God was not going to consummate this marriage because they themselves chose adultery with another God, and since they chose the love of another God, God literally gave them over to their lovers and said,'' If you think that your lover in Egypt can impregnate you with a righteous son, THEN FINE!!!!!!''

The Goal was for them to marry God and for God to consummate a marriage where their bodies would have been transformed giving birth to a nation of righteous sons of God, and this nation would then become a nation of priests who taught all the other nations of the world and this is still coming.

But since they chose another lover, God gave them the only instruction that he could give them if they wanted or thought they could bear a righteous son without him, AND WITH ANOTHER LOVER.

That is why we have the law, it is because that is what Israel chose, they committed adultery against God when they went back to their pagan ways, and now God would not consummate the marriage for them to become immortals walking on this earth.

Now Moses had to go back up to the mountain to bring down something that was quite different, he hadn't come down the first time with a design for an ark of the covenant because there was absolutely no need for an ark.

The ark of the covenant is a uterus, and the whole design of the temple is just to show the human anatomy of a woman, and all the comings and goings of the temple are simply showing humans that they can't birth a righteous son without him.

There are 3 divisions of priests because there are 3 divisions of ribs, and priests officiate the two seasons as the ribs are divided by two sides. That veil is the wall of separation inside a virgin and the ark behind it is a uterus, and so the duty of a high priest came once a year trying to get into a room with no door. This priest is actually dressed as a circumcised phallus, and at the bottom of his garment are pomegranates to show his seed, and there he is trying to get past a veil with no door.

That veil weighed about 400 pounds, and it is the narrow way spoken of, that if you want to get into the Holy of Holies, you have to scrape and squeeze past this veil while it's weight is pressing against you like you are a worm trying to scratch and crawl your way into a place with no door.

This is why we have to be born again, we have to raise a righteous son in order to become a rabbi as our resurrection body, but in all those years as the temple stood, NOT ONE PERSON ever produced a righteous son, and do you know how we know this?

We know this because the Temple remained a virgin to the day a true submissive virgin came, and God would FINALLY consummate with the first true righteous virgin to walk upon this earth, and so when we watch Jesus die and scream out, we see God ripping that veil from top to bottom AND FINALLY AFTER ALL THIS TIME, ONE MAN COMES TO DO WHAT NO OTHER MAN HAD BEEN ABLE TO DO.

God wanted to consummate a marriage with us from the very beginning, but through our own choices of committing adultery, Moses goes back to the mountain and gives them what they chose for themselves, and they literally chose another God to get pregnant by, and so God says,'' Here is what you have chosen, and here is the only way to bear a righteous son without me.'' But what he had given them was impossible, and nobody was able to bear a child until Jesus.

BECAUSE Israel committed adultery, God changed everything, God had chosen Israel out of all the nations, but since they committed adultery, God said,'' NOW THE WHOLE WORLD WILL BE FILLED WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD.''

That because they committed adultery, God would seek to offer himself as a bridegroom to other nations as well.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:02 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
...I have never heard a clear -thinking reason to believe in a religion....
However I have.
And billions of people have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I have heard a lot of clear -sounding arguments, but, when unpacked, they come down to unreason or bad reasons.
A person's reasons for anything are based on what they value, what they hold dear, what has meaning for them, what makes sense to them, and what they feel is important.

For instance, "Winning an argument or debate" is a different aapproach to a conversation than "seeking to understand" what someone is saying. "Telling you where youre wrong that's a bad reason" is very different than "oh so that's what's really important to you"

"Treating people with dignity courtesy respect" reflects a different value than consistently using language that is denigrating and condescending "fairy tale blah blah nonsense fundashield special snowflake magical thinking superstition"

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 12-04-2017 at 01:29 PM..

Old 12-04-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

For instance, "Winning an argument or debate" is a different aapproach to a conversation than "seeking to understand" what someone is saying.
Plerro was really good at seeking to understand what people were saying, God rest her soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality