Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 04:19 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Why would you high five that?
Because, despite your love of what is left of the religion of Torah and your specious justification of the brutality displayed in its foundational document which you cherry-pick for suitable practices and ideas, the mind-set that produced it really was barbaric and offensive to all modern ideal of humanity, showing clearly that it did not come from God, but a bronze-age Middle East mindset that many in the area still hold, practicing stoning and "honor killing."

Old 01-05-2018, 09:09 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Because, despite your love of what is left of the religion of Torah and your specious justification of the brutality displayed in its foundational document which you cherry-pick for suitable practices and ideas, the mind-set that produced it really was barbaric and offensive to all modern ideal of humanity, showing clearly that it did not come from God, but a bronze-age Middle East mindset that many in the area still hold, practicing stoning and "honor killing."
LOL, If you think God is so evil, what do you have to do with Messiah who comes teachings secrets of the beautiful Torah? I would debate you but you are self defeating.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
LOL, If you think God is so evil, what do you have to do with Messiah who comes teachings secrets of the beautiful Torah? I would debate you but you are self defeating.
That would be a rational question if I thought God were evil. As it is, it is just turning a blind eye to the fact that your book is NOT dictated by God no matter how much you wish it were.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
That would be a rational question if I thought God were evil. As it is, it is just turning a blind eye to the fact that your book is NOT dictated by God no matter how much you wish it were.
I never could figure out whether you are an Atheist parading as a Christian or is it that you know so little about the law and prophets so that you don't realize the implications of what you are saying. You don't have a Jesus Nate, I wish you could understand that your ideas of the law and the prophets completely cancel Jesus out, and if he lived, he was just a man like you and me because he certainly couldn't have been resurrected by the law that you invalidate. It was because the law is righteous that Jesus walked in the law and thus was proven righteous in order to be resurrected. Jesus came saying that anyone who wouldn't keep the least of the laws and who also taught others not to keep the laws would be the least in the kingdom of heaven because Jesus came teaching the law, and then leading others to keep the laws that you so despise.

We claim that Jesus IS the word Nate, you completely cancel your belief as if you were playing for the other team. You have no biblical Messiah after you speak of God the way you do, and as you say, you don't think it is the word of God, and AGAIN, you once again cancel out Jesus like you are playing for the other team and I gotta tell you, I don't think Christianity needs you spreading your Anti-Christ Messiah who spits on the law and whose father was a barbarian as you say, lol, you sure aren't on our team.

It's hilarious though, you have no foundation at all, I mean really Nate, what is the foundation you are standing on because I sure couldn't even guess. You prove that there couldn't be a biblical messiah in the first place and then you cancel out any foundation you would have had in the law and the prophets, and unless you stand on the law and the prophets, you have no prophesies of a coming Messiah.

The Jews have many prophesies of the coming Messiah, and they have a sure foundation, and so where is your foundation?

It can't be the New Testament because the New Testament stands upon the law and prophets being a promised new covenant for Ephraim and Judah only, and any dummy can see that you are neither Judah or Ephraim and I doubt that you would want to be, but unless you have an inheritance in Israel, you have nothing as far as the bible goes, and I wish you could tell me what foundation you are standing on after you have annulled every prophesy concerning the coming of a Jewish Messiah, prophesies written by Jews.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:36 AM

KISS, Hannibal. You thrash around making it all so complicated that no rational mind can follow the convolutions. It is ONLY about the message of Jesus about a relationship with God and man based on the concern for everyone in any situation. Theology and trying to justify any book really does not enter into it. You are either committed to that proposition or not no matter how you arrive at that commitment. That's what Jesus is about. This id the foundational Christ.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:38 AM

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.FIIYjLb5iBo

http://westernfreepress.com/2014/09/...-hoffer-twain/

The only evidence we need to prove God is real, is just to present historical facts of history concerning the Jew. The Jew is immortal and his whole life was planned and recorded in the bible for all to see. There has never been a people that has lost their land, lost everything and scattered to the nations to then return to their lands and cities to flourish, and not only are the Jews the only people in history to be scattered and re gathered, THEY HAVE DONE IT TWICE. God foretold all of their future history and it has played out just as God ordained. The miracle of being gathered once again in 1948 was foretold by God over and over that they would turn their backs on God, they would be conquered and scattered, BUT THEN God would gather them back, and they are the only people in history that remain immortal.

Where are all those great Egyptians who built the Pyramids? Where are all those great Persians, and those magnificent Romans and Greeks?

No other people in history has been scattered to then return UNCHANGED. Although the whole world has tried to wipe them from the face of this Earth for the last 2500 years, they remain unchanged, and they have remained a small number as it was also predicted, but they remain and we are living in the days of the last Exodus.

All the great men knew how the Jew himself proves God because there are no other people like them. They are only a percentage of one percent of the population, but they make up 20 percent of Nobel prize winners, and no other people have effected and formed society more than the oracles of the Jews. All of us here today have been formed by Jews and what came from the Jewish nation in establishing civil societies.

The sheer statistics of the Jewish history should easily prove God because what has happen to them is statistically IMPOSSIBLE.

Look up quotes from famous people about Jews, and there is a list of some of the most brilliant men who ever lived speaking about the miracle that a Jew is, he is statistically impossible.

There is no coincidence that the whole world has been shaped and formed by the oracles given through the Jewish people, and that the whole world owes them so much, and just imagine a world without the bible, without Jews bringing civilization?

I always say that you can buy a person books and send him to school but you can't make him learn and read. God has put down all the proof anyone needs just by the history of his chosen people and what they were designed to do in order that the whole world might be saved.

A person needs only to look up all the prophesies concerning the future history of the Jewish nation and then find out just how much all those prophesies are coming true, even in our days, they are coming true all the time.

There is enough proof to prove that there is a God by looking at all the prophesies concerning what would happen to the Jews in the latter days, but we can't force a person to study.

Churchill knew it, Einstein knew it, Twain Knew it, the Jew is immortal.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:01 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Because, despite your love of what is left of the religion of Torah and your specious justification of the brutality displayed in its foundational document which you cherry-pick for suitable practices and ideas, the mindset that produced it really was barbaric and offensive to all modern ideal of humanity, showing clearly that it did not come from God, but a bronze-age Middle East mindset that many in the area still hold, practicing stoning and "honor killing."
They keep equating our ancestors' brutal beliefs and primitive superstitions about God with God, Nate. It is such a travesty of irrationality.
Quote:
LOL, If you think God is so evil, what do you have to do with Messiah who comes teachings secrets of the beautiful Torah? I would debate you but you are self-defeating.
The ignorant ancient beliefs and primitive superstitions ABOUT God contain evil. God is NOT evil but our ignorant ancestors believed evil things about Him.
Quote:
Amen! It contains inspirations from God but was NOT dictated nor is it infallible or inerrant. It contains ignorant man-made interpretations and primitive superstitions that have nothing to do with God and everything to do with human vanity and hubris.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They keep equating our ancestors' brutal beliefs and primitive superstitions about God with God, Nate. It is such a travesty of irrationality.

The ignorant ancient beliefs and primitive superstitions ABOUT God contain evil. God is NOT evil but our ignorant ancestors believed evil things about Him.
Amen! It contains inspirations from God but was NOT dictated nor is it infallible or inerrant. It contains ignorant man-made interpretations and primitive superstitions that have nothing to do with God and everything to do with human vanity and hubris.
Guess what?

Jesus came supporting and teaching everything the father said.

The guy asked Jesus,'' Good teacher/of the law tell us what we may do to inherit eternal life, and Jesus tells them to follow Moses. Jesus tells us of the rich man who chose wealth over the priesthood, but when dude is sent to the outer court he says,'' Let me go tell my family.'' THEN it is said,'' If they don't believe Moses, neither will they believe one who has risen from the dead.''

And I would tell you that Jesus has risen from the dead and you still don't believe what he says of Moses, and this just proves that if you don't believe Moses, neither will you believe a resurrected person like Jesus who speaks in his father's word saying,'' Whoever keeps the least of the laws of Moses and then teaches others to keep them, HE WILL be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven,'' and what does it say of people who wont keep the law? What does Jesus tell those lawless workers of iniquity who speak against the laws of God? '' DEPART from me, you lawbreakers.''

If you loved Jesus, then you would love the father, Jesus didn't come teaching separation from the father or from Jews, Jesus came adding to the nation by converting Gentiles to Judaism, the religion of the father.

You can't have a righteous Messiah who was made righteous through walking in the law if the law is cursed, there was never a defect in the law, there is a defect in the flesh when they can't keep the law.

And what of Revelation when it shows THE TRUE BRIDES OF CHRIST?

''THOSE WHO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD AND WHO HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS.''

LIARS AND THOSE WHO SPREAD FALSE RUMORS WERE LYING ABOUT PAUL SAYING THAT PAUL WAS TEACHING JEWS NOT TO KEEP THE CUSTOMS OF GOD OR TO CIRCUMCISE THEIR CHILDREN, LIAR AFTER LIAR, AFTER LIAR, AND LIARS WERE PAID TO SAY THE SAME LIES TO KILL STEPHEN.

You guys convict Jesus and all the disciples in bearing false witness against them all.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:51 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
... primitive superstitions ABOUT God ....everything to do with human vanity and hubris.
Regarding "primitive superstitions about God" you have stated that god is nature. Still waiting for your answer Mystic to the simple question: what is the difference between God and nature?

Old 01-06-2018, 09:53 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Regarding "primitive superstitions about God" you have stated that god is nature. Still waiting for your answer Mystic to the simple question: what is the difference between God and nature?
Nothing. There is nothing BUT God and we are just a part of His consciousness. God thought our reality into existence and we are part of the reproduction of His consciousness under Jesus - His firstborn among humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality