Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 07:03 PM

42 posts, read 26,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
to think someday people will say that none of you ever existed . maybe because you will never do anything notable.
At least he and his hand full of followers did something notable. turned the known world upside down and inside out.. so in fact it is notable because they changed the world and it has never been the same since.
But did the historical Jesus turn the world upside down or Jesus the character of literature? Either the even more important question is if they turned the world upside down for better or for worst? I reach the conclusion that it was not for the better and I explain in the original post how I reach that conclusion.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:14 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
just read a little and do a little research to find the truth.

all I know is that goofy people who can't research their way out of a paper bag have no right to a camera or editing equipment. even just a little tiny bit of research would prove what he looks like and his image and his description and his persona and by eye witnesses other than the disciples. videos like this are just packed with lies and not even good lies ..

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...rds-jesus.html

Old 07-10-2017, 09:25 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyoursources View Post
Two swords which are weapons and only weapons not like an wood cutters ax that has more uses than just violence. It only took a handful of men to over throw Imperial Russia when they stormed the winter palace by the way. Regardless Jesus there and then planted seeds of violence would you not agree?
Ok, let's take a look at the context and do a little critical analysis. I will grant that an original instruction was probably modified to get in the bit on the "prophecy" concerning being numbered among the troublemakers, but the origin was instruction on how to carry on with the work of spreading the gospel of the Way in comparison to the mission of the 70. Sort of, "Hey you are going to be living in the real world, be prepared; take a purse and don't advertise your vulnerability to chance robbers.

Seriously, with all the emphasis on concern for the well-being og others and on the love of God for everyone, you think he was setting up for violence?

No, that's just what you WANT to think. Self-delusion is rampant and seldom as obvious as yours is. Get a life.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:02 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
I am a film maker and recently released a documentary on the biblical Jesus his intentions and motivation. I would be interested in feed back on the documentary if you care to watch it but also would like to know what you think motivated Jesus if looked through the lens of biblical character.

Sins of Our Savior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6phUjAXqCT4
this is sad.. I mean just the part about the fasting is ridiculous and wrong and not worth finishing it. you want our opinions well you waisted of my time.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
just read a little and do a little research to find the truth.

all I know is that goofy people who can't research their way out of a paper bag have no right to a camera or editing equipment. even just a little tiny bit of research would prove what he looks like and his image and his description and his persona and by eye witnesses other than the disciples. videos like this are just packed with lies and not even good lies ..

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...rds-jesus.html
I did my research I cite the bible through out the documentary.

You say I do not deserve camera and editing equipment, regardless of how dumb or smart my ideas are do you really suggest we limit the free speech of those who do not agree with the majority or do not hold to some random academic standard set by some random institution?

Finally what do you mean with a little bit of research I can find out what he looks like and that I should have looked at eye witness accounts that are those other then his disciples? You realize there is literally no evidence for a historical Jesus he literally only exists in the Iron Age mythology written between 150 and 350ad hundreds of years after his supposed life.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Ok, let's take a look at the context and do a little critical analysis. I will grant that an original instruction was probably modified to get in the bit on the "prophecy" concerning being numbered among the troublemakers, but the origin was instruction on how to carry on with the work of spreading the gospel of the Way in comparison to the mission of the 70. Sort of, "Hey you are going to be living in the real world, be prepared; take a purse and don't advertise your vulnerability to chance robbers.

Seriously, with all the emphasis on concern for the well-being og others and on the love of God for everyone, you think he was setting up for violence?

No, that's just what you WANT to think. Self-delusion is rampant and seldom as obvious as yours is. Get a life.
Even if he was just saying hey its the real world now prepare for robbers with a sword like you say, this is an admission that Jesus told his believers to be prepared to do violence when they are faced threat for their lives or property. You realize this is not reconcilable with the turn the other cheek doctrine and irreconcilable with the idea that Jesus was a pacifist.

What concern with the well being of others? Him healing the sick? If that was anything like modern day tv evangelists praying the ulcers away I doubt it played much of a role outside a placebo. Was it concern for others that he felt when he asked his followers to give up their possessions and abandon their families to do his bidding and worship him? This does not sound like a caring person it sounds like a larger then life cult leader the caliber of Jim Jones.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:01 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Even if he was just saying hey its the real world now prepare for robbers with a sword like you say, this is an admission that Jesus told his believers to be prepared to do violence when they are faced threat for their lives or property. You realize this is not reconcilable with the turn the other cheek doctrine and irreconcilable with the idea that Jesus was a pacifist.

What concern with the well being of others? Him healing the sick? If that was anything like modern day tv evangelists praying the ulcers away I doubt it played much of a role outside a placebo. Was it concern for others that he felt when he asked his followers to give up their possessions and abandon their families to do his bidding and worship him? This does not sound like a caring person it sounds like a larger then life cult leader the caliber of Jim Jones.
Look, you have a fairly good idea about questioning what you have been told, but rebellious thinking is NOT critical thinking. Critical thinking is not levelling criticism at whatever strikes your fancy, and research is not letting your imagination run wild and then trying to find spots of "scripture" that could indicate what you want to think.

Do REAL research. Check and understand what was said, look into the background. Read what trained historians have to say on the subject. Line up your material and make a reasonable presentation. If you just want to make a video, find something you DO know something about.

In the days of flintlock firearms "going off half-cocked meant that a reliable spark could not be generated and the powder in the pan just fizzled and sputtered. You just sputter. Do the work or don't waste peoples' time.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:09 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times
Quote:
I am a film maker and recently released a documentary on the biblical Jesus his intentions and motivation. I would be interested in feed back on the documentary if you care to watch it but also would like to know what you think motivated Jesus if looked through the lens of biblical character.

Sins of Our Savior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6phUjAXqCT4
It is a figment of of a biased imagination. I Cor 5:21 & Heb 4:15

Old 07-11-2017, 07:19 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times
Quote:
I did my research I cite the bible through out the documentary.

You say I do not deserve camera and editing equipment, regardless of how dumb or smart my ideas are do you really suggest we limit the free speech of those who do not agree with the majority or do not hold to some random academic standard set by some random institution?

Finally what do you mean with a little bit of research I can find out what he looks like and that I should have looked at eye witness accounts that are those other then his disciples? You realize there is literally no evidence for a historical Jesus he literally only exists in the Iron Age mythology written between 150 and 350ad hundreds of years after his supposed life.
Citing the Bible does not mean you understand it.

Why do you not consider the 4 gospels as historical evidence for Jesus? Because you are biased and don't want to. Jesus is also mentioned by at least 2 secular historians. That takes Jesus out of the myth category and exposes your motive.

Thee are more mss about Jesus than their is about Plato, Is Plato a myth? Why do you believe less information than you do more information? Same reason, you are biased.

You need to change your tag line to "verify your source."

Old 07-11-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Look, you have a fairly good idea about questioning what you have been told, but rebellious thinking is NOT critical thinking. Critical thinking is not levelling criticism at whatever strikes your fancy, and research is not letting your imagination run wild and then trying to find spots of "scripture" that could indicate what you want to think.

Do REAL research. Check and understand what was said, look into the background. Read what trained historians have to say on the subject. Line up your material and make a reasonable presentation. If you just want to make a video, find something you DO know something about.

In the days of flintlock firearms "going off half-cocked meant that a reliable spark could not be generated and the powder in the pan just fizzled and sputtered. You just sputter. Do the work or don't waste peoples' time.
The is a historical consensus that not one single shred of evidence yet exists for a historical Jesus so no asking a historian would be fruitless. Jesus can only be studied through literature of the Iron Age mythology of the gospels which were written 150+ years after the fact so all we can do is interpret him as a character of literature and as I hope you know interpreting literature is all opinion unless the author herself weighs in and explain what and why something was written and how it should be interpreted.

Also you still have yet to explain to me why in the world Jesus needed his followers to have swords when he was the turn the other cheek type of cat, something doesn't add up my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality