Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 09:07 AM

28,103 posts, read 30,002,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints you are not what is to be considered an ordinary Christian, meaning no disrespect in the comment. As to whether it will make me feel better or not is of no concern to me and I mean no disrespect in that comment either. What happens to our spirits in the afterlife or the next world, or whatever you wish to call it should really be of no concern of any of us, what is more important is what we do in this life that is important at this time, how we treat and respect others.it should make no difference what religion, belief, culture, or non-belief that we subscribe to, how we treat and respect our fellow humans is what is important not only in this world but in the next.
Agreed. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 08:51 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,043,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I didn't expect you to see it. You share the same blindness as little jimmie.
Says the guy that just lumped a number of us together and personally insulted us.

What a guy!

Old 07-25-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I'll explain it, since you're both baptist fundies: You presume - from the lofty heights of your self-bestowed moral superiority - that non-Christians won't go to heaven. Therefore, you take it upon your holier-than-thou selves to save them with your precious gospel -- carefully crafted for centuries by anonymous men who pooped in holes in the ground.
I presumed nothing. Except perhaps, that you and I could have a reasonable discussion. I don't claim to be able to save anyone, and I don't even claim that it was me that was bright enough to choose God.

I get i though...you have your presuppositions and if anyone dares to challenge them, you simply insult them and try to make yourself look better by making others look bad. I'm sorry for you. I really am.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Not you. BaptistFundie. I was responding to Trout's post to BF (119)
I answered that post. I'm sorry if I didn't get to it in an appropriate amount of time for you. I don't post on the weekends, much, so you will not likely see me respond on a weekend.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:09 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I presumed nothing. Except perhaps, that you and I could have a reasonable discussion. I don't claim to be able to save anyone, and I don't even claim that it was me that was bright enough to choose God.

I get i though...you have your presuppositions and if anyone dares to challenge them, you simply insult them and try to make yourself look better by making others look bad. I'm sorry for you. I really am.
Still blind to your own hypocrisy. You are indeed (however ironically) well-named.

I explained how it was sanctimonious behaviour and you respond by getting your panties in a bunch - sanctimoniously.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Still blind to your own hypocrisy. You are indeed (however ironically) well-named.

I explained how it was sanctimonious behaviour and you respond by getting your panties in a bunch - sanctimoniously.
I'm sorry if I've offended you in some way. I don't get why you're so anti. Didn't get enough sleep last night?

Old 07-25-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry if I've offended you in some way. I don't get why you're so anti. Didn't get enough sleep last night?
You don't have the ability to offend me.

I am anti-ignorance, anti-bigotry and anti-deliberate obtuseness which = anti-fundamentalism.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
You don't have the ability to offend me.

I am anti-ignorance, anti-bigotry and anti-deliberate obtuseness which = anti-fundamentalism.
Wow, the hits just keep on coming.

God bless you, TroutDude. I hope whatever you're going through right now, that things get better.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Wow, the hits just keep on coming.

God bless you, TroutDude. I hope whatever you're going through right now, that things get better.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:10 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,870,768 times
Quote:
I answered that post. I'm sorry if I didn't get to it in an appropriate amount of time for you. I don't post on the weekends, much, so you will not likely see me respond on a weekend.
So you'll answer the contradiction I gave you now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality