Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 02:27 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
what is there for us addhd adrenaline junkies? sitting down and being still just isn't our way. well, for long that is.

oh well, the 21'st will be cool. 245-ish edst.
Go rock climbing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 03:09 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Centerimg Prayer starts with the internal focus on a word of your choosing as a way to invite the Spirit in.

There is an 1816 meeting house about a mile from my house. I plan to go visit one Sunday soon. I have met some of the Friends there. They made it clear I was welcome to do so.
Ah, I was a little puzzled about the connection of Lectio Divina. Well, now you know what to expect. Go in, center down, listen, someone (or more) may have a message for the Meeting. At some point someone may say something like, "are all hearts clear?" known as rise of Meeting and then any announcements of general concern may be made. Real complicated and ritualistic.....or not.

Last edited by nateswift; 08-12-2017 at 03:18 PM..

Old 08-12-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
wrong. all kidding a side there are not two kinds of religion. The simple fact is some people seek truth, knowledge and understanding. Others seek to make money off of others any way they can.

but, who am I to drive the children out of the kiddie pool. They have such fun splashing each other with "hot spot" water.
You don't knock the entertainment industry.

Old 08-12-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
what is there for us addhd adrenaline junkies? sitting down and being still just isn't our way. well, for long that is.

oh well, the 21'st will be cool. 245-ish edst.
Quaker might not be for you. I do know one young lady who lays down on bench to take a nap.

I used to enjoy Catholic mass in an interesting building, always something going on.

Old 08-12-2017, 03:34 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Go rock climbing?
love rock climbing.

it just always seems that some person lucky enough to be soft spoken and calm gets the tile "insightful'. An more excitable person says the exact same thing and people just ignore them. Same for tall and short guys, girls and boys, I guess.

I used to race motocross and lost it a bit on a giant table top. There I am, about 15 feet in the air, going, I don't know 25 ish I guess, standing straight up with handlebars in my chest and rear fender at my feet. I was heading straight for a Telephone pole. I pushed the bike with my hands and kneels to one side of the pole and I went by the pole on the other. It seemed like forever going by that pole, I could almost see the texture in it. You can imaging the dust that kicked up and excitement generated around me when that bike and I hit the ground. i don't know if you ever heard a motorcycle crashing at speed. It makes a distinctive sound, especially went it is coming towards you. I sat up, hunched over a bit, forearms on my knees. Pain? oh yeah, pain. In the church of forever ... it was awesome. silent sitting? When I pointed to the pole the flaggers jaw dropped. "you coulda been killed." "yup." I had to get the bike ready for the second moto.

lay a bible in the middle of that. As you know, those pushing that off as more than life itself are junkers.

lay a bible, or any holy book, in the center of a crowded playground on the first warm spring day. I am sure you know the sights, the sounds, the smell, and the overwhelming joy in a place and time like that. Yeah, they know god in a book.

toss in the knowledge of the system we are in. I am going to deny that in favor of "I am afraid of religion so much that I am justified in doing anything I want to stop it." really now, its ok to deny what we are in for that belief statement?

you guys will not have any trouble from this non religious atheist.
It is, what it is.

Old 08-12-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
love rock climbing.

it just always seems that some person lucky enough to be soft spoken and calm gets the tile "insightful'. An more excitable person says the exact same thing and people just ignore them. Same for tall and short guys, girls and boys, I guess.

I used to race motocross and lost it a bit on a giant table top. There I am, about 15 feet in the air, going, I don't know 25 ish I guess, standing straight up with handlebars in my chest and rear fender at my feet. I was heading straight for a Telephone pole. I pushed the bike with my hands and kneels to one side of the pole and I went by the pole on the other. It seemed like forever going by that pole, I could almost see the texture in it. You can imaging the dust that kicked up and excitement generated around me when that bike and I hit the ground. i don't know if you ever heard a motorcycle crashing at speed. It makes a distinctive sound, especially went it is coming towards you. I sat up, hunched over a bit, forearms on my knees. Pain? oh yeah, pain. In the church of forever ... it was awesome. silent sitting? When I pointed to the pole the flaggers jaw dropped. "you coulda been killed." "yup." I had to get the bike ready for the second moto.

lay a bible in the middle of that. As you know, those pushing that off as more than life itself are junkers.

lay a bible, or any holy book, in the center of a crowded playground on the first warm spring day. I am sure you know the sights, the sounds, the smell, and the overwhelming joy in a place and time like that. Yeah, they know god in a book.

toss in the knowledge of the system we are in. I am going to deny that in favor of "I am afraid of religion so much that I am justified in doing anything I want to stop it." really now, its ok to deny what we are in for that belief statement?

you guys will not have any trouble from this non religious atheist.
It is, what it is.

Well, I've always thought you were insightful from the first time I saw you posting, so there ya go. Personally, I'd rather be more energetic and action-oriented and more of a risk taker than I am, so I guess the grass is always greener.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:34 PM

RISK raking? That sounds exciting, but it's against my religion.... I'm a DEVOUT coward.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
RISK raking? That sounds exciting, but it's against my religion.... I'm a DEVOUT coward.
See you in church, bro.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:08 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
... the first language of God is silence.
Got that right!
Thank you.

"Be still...."

Old 08-13-2017, 03:42 PM

Ummmm, say Miss H, Mensa and I would like to talk to you about possible inclusion and status of Gambrinus in your new religion. Whaddaya think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality