Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 04:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,318,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
#I'mWithHer ^^

Except for one thing.

All y'all hatin' on Jar-Jar can bite me Being (more than) occasionally childish, silly and adorkable myself I can relate to him.

Meesa goin' to watch football. Meesa seein' yousa later. Happy Life Day. PHBBBT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 04:47 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,985,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
#I'mWithHer ^^

Except for one thing.

All y'all hatin' on Jar-Jar can bite me Being (more than) occasionally childish, silly and adorkable myself I can relate to him.

Meesa goin' to watch football. Meesa seein' yousa later. Happy Life Day. PHBBBT.
the "lovable dork" carried to the extreme of Jar Jar is still lovable to me (if somewhat embarrassing)

Old 01-01-2018, 03:49 PM

28,724 posts, read 18,961,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Saw Star Wars last night on opening night along with hundreds of others. Each time I see a Star Wars film, I think about Joseph Campbell and The Hero with a Thousand Faces Much of the retelling of themes from the Bible, Koran, Bhagtiva-gita and such. We see all the elements of the good vs evil conflict, and the elements of the hero's journey. We have the Mentors, the prophecy, the two worlds, the failed hero.

Religious texts are ripe with the mythology of the hero journey. While watching Star Wars is more entertaining for a modern audience, the themes of conflict, good vs evil and redemption are similar.

After everyone here has a chance to seethe film, we will talk about one aspect of the new film which seems unique and out of line. But I don;t want to spoil it for you.
The only person on the Hero's Journey in this new trilogy is Finn.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:16 PM

5,704 posts, read 4,026,464 times
I find religious texts far more interesting than anything George Lucas has ever come up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality