Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 10:49 AM

50,979 posts, read 24,476,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post

Perhaps if God hadn't worked all of his magic thousands of years ago and then expected modern humans to take everything on faith ...

Perhaps if God had left more evidence than a book anyone could've written and took no special knowledge...

Perhaps if he had left more evidence than that ... I WOULDN'T BE AN ATHEIST.

And neither would anyone else.

The fact that atheists even exist is proof positive that god should have left better evidence than just a book - or more to the point - a bunch of dusty scrolls found in a cave by a bunch of goatherders who burned a bunch of the scrolls to heat their house - so we'll never know what these destroyed scrolls actually said.

This has been a great of my thinking as I transitioned from being a christian to being a Buddhist-atheist.

All those miracles thousands of years ago...that cannot be confirmed, and no miracles today that could be confirmed. How convenient for christians.

Maybe god can't write.

Evidence. That's really the one thing that we on the atheist side ask for...and it's the one thing christians can't provide.

It really is such a simple debating point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
However, the existing ' dead sea scrolls ' do match up with existing Scripture. They are in harmony with Scripture.
The Council of Nicea has nothing to do with 1st-century Scripture as taught by Jesus.
Rather, once the first century ended is when Christendom ( so-called Christianity ) developed.
False clergy (dressed in sheep's clothing) fleece the Flock of God - Acts 20:29-30

Remember: Proverbs 4:18 because religious truth would grow lighter and brighter with the passing of time.
Today we can travel 'to and fro' through the pages of Scripture as never before in history.- Daniel 12:9,4.
A comprehensive concordance puts the Bible in alphabetical order for us to easily access Scripture by subject or topic arrangement.
Thus, we can look up one topic or one subject at a time and get a more complete picture of what we can really learn from the Bible.

Besides the Bible as evidence, we have Bible people throughout the world as evidence proclaiming the good news of Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 about Daniel 2:44 on a vast international scale as never before in history.
Even modern technology has helped make possible rapid Bible translation so that people living in remote areas now have access to Scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages.
Yes, we know: use the bible to prove the bible.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What flying horse ever gave us a New commandment as found at John 13:34-35 to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has. In other words, we are now to love neighbor ' more ' than self.

I think you should care because we are nearing the coming ' time of separation ' as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
According to 1st Thess. 5:2-3 you are going to be in for a BIG surprise because we are leading up to the time when the 'powers that be' will be saying, " Peace and Security..." as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Don't you think it's rather foolish to be debating an atheist by continually quoting bible verses?

Old 03-28-2019, 11:03 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,490,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yes, we know: use the bible to prove the bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Don't you think it's rather foolish to be debating an atheist by continually quoting bible verses?
That what they're doing is the the equivalent of 'demonstrating the truth' of Scientology by quoting L. Ron Hubbard completely eludes them.

Old 03-28-2019, 01:46 PM

23,226 posts, read 10,513,788 times
Evidence?

I am right here just outside of Houston.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:31 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,246,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Evidence?

I am right here just outside of Houston.
Do you really think that after over 14,000 posts on here, which have no confirmed affects, that a few minutes with you would make an 'earth shattering' difference?
Can you provide any confirmable examples that it has?

Old 03-28-2019, 04:32 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,616,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
One of the things that non-believers, and even some of us believers are always going to question, is why do we just have a book left behind?
As somebody who is moderate theist and deep thinker, I would like everyone to be on the same page and facing the same unbiased judgement at the end of their time on Earth.
I don't believe that other Religions, ie non-Bible believers, or non-believers are doomed, nor should they be.
What are your thoughts?
you mean like the rock record?

Old 03-28-2019, 06:09 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,100,721 times
Quote:
One of the things that non-believers, and even some of us believers are always going to question, is why do we just have a book left behind?
As somebody who is moderate theist and deep thinker, I would like everyone to be on the same page and facing the same unbiased judgement at the end of their time on Earth.
I don't believe that other Religions, ie non-Bible believers, or non-believers are doomed, nor should they be.
What are your thoughts?
I don’t think God “left anything behind”.
God sent his message of guidance towards humanity at various times in mankind’s history. This message has promise of rewards, and it also comes with warnings.
There are various injustices that some humans indulge upon others - and they might be able to get away with it, with our man made justice system. The warnings of God are primarily subject to such people.

And there is no “evidence” as per say.
There are SIGNS of God for those who search for him.
Holy books are one such sign. Every individual is then free to study and research upon the message in these holy books to see which one talks to his heart?

Whether Theist or Atheist, we all have our time set. When our time is up, the bell rings and we gotta go - EVERY ONE of us. There is no stopping!

It’s not likely that the arrival of death on EVERY SINGLE PERSON is an act of random chance. If this phenomenon was happening “by chance” then at least one of us would’ve beaten the odds.

A force with intelligence is controlling this phenomenon. You call it nature or you call it God, is your call.
Make sure to pick a wise choice.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:41 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,738,319 times
Quote:
What are your thoughts?
I will answer with all the things I have found in abundance. but it starts with honesty.

Mat 5:8

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

thus those with an agenda will not see God.. get honest with honesty..

Rom 1:20

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 8:22

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
2Pe 3:4

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

this is what men say but there is no excuses, the fingerprint of God is all over the moon and all throughout his creation.
find it and you too will know that the religiously anti-religious religion of scientism is a liar and from the Father of lies.

he didn't even need a Bible for most of the people who will be saved .. because his fingerprints are all over creation and all over the universe.
I am talking about his other flock.. those who have kept the true history of men..and it agrees with a God made history and instruction manual.. called "the Bible" which is the true and records of God's interaction with men and all his creation.

those who refuse to cave into the man-made religion of scientism with their volumes on volumes of books of ever-changing agendas and it has with No fingerprint with history or really in the earth .
so there is way more than just the Bible of His fingerprints that are all over his creation which agree with eyewitnessed to records of history in all parts of the world.
since it mocks t all the eyewitnessed of history..but they had no dog in the fight and they had no agendas but to keep a true history.

Rev 3:18

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

since "eyes are the window to the soul" he is really talking about a purified heart with way less agendas.. it is wise to get honest with honesty before trying to see God .

Old 03-28-2019, 07:09 PM

23,226 posts, read 10,513,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Do you really think that after over 14,000 posts on here, which have no confirmed affects, that a few minutes with you would make an 'earth shattering' difference?
Can you provide any confirmable examples that it has?
Of course not, and I have said this a million times,'' No amount of words can change anyone's mind.''

I have challenged many people over the years to come and see me in person because it aint the same in person. You take any kind of Christian in this forum who thinks opposite of what I do, and that is never going to change with words, but you bring that same person to me and sit him at my table face to face, and in 5 min, they are going to get on the interweb to tell everyone that Hannibal is right.

How does one go about with magic?

I keep thinking of a thread to create that might get enough people interested to form a team of people to come and see me.

For instance, a team of bible scholars who actually know the religion of God, and in 5 min, I am going to make all of them afraid.

For instance, Eddie Chumney is perhaps one of the greatest authors and teachers of all time. He is one of the few people who would completely understand and who would be able to articulate what he sees better than anyone else I know.

You get Eddie Chumney and whatever team of bible scholars people chose, and bring Sean Hannity.

After 5 min, Hannity and everyone there would begin to realize just how big this story would be.

After 30 min with me, they would be afraid, but not of me, and the whole thing would begin rushing to them so fast that they would become sleepy trying to process what they have seen.

A story that would literally change the world day after day in a continuing unfolding of mysteries.

You would turn on the news every day and it would be on all the stations until everything was seen.

Problem being, how does a person get a chance to sit amongst his own peers to be proven right or wrong?

I can CERTAINLY prove there is a God.

Ya know how you go see a spiritual, or a fantasy movie where magic happens and you get into the movie so much that when the movie ends, you suddenly remember the magic is not real and it's not really in the Earth, and it kind of sucks to be you because there is no magic?

There is magic in the world, really.

Given the chance, I would show the world a magic that they always dreamed about.

I would show the world crazy special things and they would say,'' This is so freaking huge.''

But that would only be the tip of the iceburg, each day would reveal mysteries and I could actually take a youtube prophet and make him the most famous person in the world, things that would keep the world hostage day in and day out for months, and the work that would begin from the Revelations would have just begun years of study.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 03-28-2019 at 07:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality