Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 03:29 PM

50,147 posts, read 20,932,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You mean ten tribes sent to Assyria. You were correct about Gentiles, there is no covenant for Gentiles, there is only a covenant for Gentiles who join Jews in Judaism. Isaiah 56 still stands true.
Ok. Depopulated and sent to Assyria where they may or may not have lost their identity. Fact remains that the Northern kingdom disappeared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 03:40 PM

23,345 posts, read 10,643,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Ok. Depopulated and sent to Assyria where they may or may not have lost their identity. Fact remains that the Northern kingdom disappeared.
Their kingdom was ended and they all disappeared EXCEPT for 7000 members that God told Elijah about.

Paul is writing Romans showing us that he was not a Jew, he was of those 7000 members and he tells us this, he says,'' EVEN US, not of the Jews only.''

Paul is writing Romans about the destruction of his people into Assyria and how they were destroyed for their separation from Judah and Jerusalem, and he was the perfect example of the ten tribes who became a Jew. This was what motivated Paul above all else, Paul had more to prove than any Jew had, he was not of the Jews, but he was living as a Jew and extremely defensive of God's religion because all his people had been lost.

Benjamin was the one tribe contained in both Kingdoms, Paul was of Benjamin of the Northern kingdom and so were all the disciples, and that was the point of the priesthood falling to Ephraim, it didn't fall to Gentiles, it fell to people like Paul who had become a Jew, living as a Jew, amongst Jews.

That is why Christians misunderstand so much, because they don't know who is being discussed, but all 12 tribes were present in Paul's day, and they were all those Jews who believed in Christ. One of the books of the New testament begins with the greeting to all tribes all over Israel and amongst other nations as well.

A Gentile only comes as a virgin under a Betrothal, and the Jews didn't need a Betrothal to Christ to become Jews. Jews didn't need to marry a Jew to be Israel under a covenant, Jews were already under a covenant, and Messiah only brings a covenant for Jews of Judah and Gentiles of Ephraim, and it is ONLY the Gentiles who need a betrothal.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:55 PM

This is the New covenant that Christians are claiming to be in WHEN IN FACT, there shall no longer be two nations, there shall no longer be two people, there shall no longer be two religions and you shall no longer even know the difference in Christian or Jew and BOTH Ephraim and Judah LOVE THE LAW. Does it look like you can find a Gentile separated from Judah in a different religion contained within the two people of this covenant already brought?

This is the New covenant that Messiah brought for the Gentiles of Ephraim and the Jews of Judah, do Christians really think they are in this scripture?

Ezekiel 37
One Nation with One King
15The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, 16Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: 17And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. 18And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? 19Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. 20And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 21And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 23Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

24And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. 25And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. 26Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. 27My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

That is why is sounds so crazy to me when Christians claim that they are in a new covenant Messiah brought for Ephraim and Judah, does it look like a Gentile Christians are the same people as the Jews are, are they become one people?

Are Christians one with Jews in the same religion?

Is Jesus really the Messiah because I am looking at this like they is something wrong? Gentiles joining Jews in Judaism is called the great day of Jezreel, and while this day of Jezreel came briefly, it did come, and we witnessed Gentiles joining Jews.

But that was 2000 years ago under a covenant that Gentile Christians are no longer in, and the obvious proof of this fact is the fact that the prodigal son has yet to return, but when he does return, and he will return, he returns as a servant to Israel, and he becomes one with the brother and the father, even if, that aint fair at all to the son who stayed home, Judah.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:37 PM

64,133 posts, read 40,458,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Actually Ehrman is a highly respected scholar. Your problem with him would be that his research, which is way over the head educationally of most of his critics, doesn't come to conclusions you like and agree with. This hardly makes him unqualified or not respectable, any more than a scientist would be unqualified because a flat-earther didn't agree with his proof that the Earth is round.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:44 PM

18,262 posts, read 17,035,693 times
Quote:
It's not lost, it is just lost for lack of knowledge. People who know the history of the two kingdoms know that Israel was lost, and they know that Gentiles come back through a wedding proposal and so they say they are the brides of a Jew who has been grafted into he void left in the kingdom of Israel.

There is no debate that Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism, there is just denial of the facts, and the facts are extremely simple with clarity.

In the beginning Gentiles converted to Judaism and then came a day 100 years after Jesus died, that Gentiles were no longer brave enough to keep the feasts of Jesus upon punishment of death and being seen as a Jew.

The simple obvious facts are that only one people have followed the religion of Messiah for the last 2000 years, and those people are the Jews.

Everyone else separated from the religion of God and the worship system of Christ to become lawless and Pagan.

The Jews stand alone as the only people who have been keeping the religion of Messiah all these years and everyone else is just making false claims that they are in a covenant with a Jew who brought a new covenant for Ephraim and Judah. There is no covenant for Gentiles, there is only a covenant for Gentiles who join Jews in Judaism.

The written covenant is very precise and Gentile Christians no longer fall under that covenant because of the fact that the covenant is only for Ephraim and Judah and Ephraim is a Gentile who joined Judaism under a betrothal to a Jew to become a Jew.

The simple facts of history show us that the Jews alone keep the covenant of God, the Jews alone have been persecuted and killed because they wont stop following the religion of God, and all those Gentile Christians are just making a claim for the inheritance of Israel when they are no where close to being Israel........

Unless you have joined the religion of the Jews that God ordained and recorded, then you are just in a different religion and not under the covenant with Jews to become one with Jews.

Paul tells us flat out that he was a Pharisee and he proved that he never left Judaism, and he was about to be stoned to death for being a false prophet speaking against the customs of Moses, but he saved his own life in proving that he never stopped keeping the laws, and he never stopped being a Pharisee.

That fact is in Acts 21, and it is very obvious unless you want to believe a lie.
I think we can get a rough idea of what Jesus taught in the Gospel of Thomas. Some is similar to the gospels but other stuff is so bizarre it makes you go, "Huh?"

Old 08-29-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I think we can get a rough idea of what Jesus taught in the Gospel of Thomas. Some is similar to the gospels but other stuff is so bizarre it makes you go, "Huh?"
I was just thinking about reading that just recently....At the time, I was looking for a scripture from one of those books that talks about the 7 linen seals that a dead man is wrapped in.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:24 PM

18,262 posts, read 17,035,693 times
Quote:
I was just thinking about reading that just recently....At the time, I was looking for a scripture from one of those books that talks about the 7 linen seals that a dead man is wrapped in.
From 1 Corinthians 2:9

Quote:
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
So we look to the Old Testament to see which passage Paul is referring to and lo and behold we get this:

Quote:
Isaiah 64:4 (CEB) From ancient times, no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any god but you who acts on behalf of those who wait for him!
So where in the Isaiah passage that Paul quoted from does it say anything about things God has prepared for those that love him?????? Sounds like more BS from Paul to try to bribe pagans to drop their gods and come over to Christianity. "Hey! Why do you guys want to stick with Dionysus? Come over to Christianity because God promises Christians things so wonderful that they cannot imagine nor have their eyes ever beheld such riches. And when you get there, tell God that Paul sent you. That way I score points with God too!" Just like Paul!

From Gospel of Thomas No. 17 saying:

Quote:
(17) Jesus said: I will give you that which eye has not seen, an ear has not heard, and hand has not touched, and which has not entered into the heart of man.
So then the big question: who stole from who? Did Paul steal from Thomas or did Thomas steal from Paul?

Old 08-30-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
From 1 Corinthians 2:9

So we look to the Old Testament to see which passage Paul is referring to and lo and behold we get this:

So where in the Isaiah passage that Paul quoted from does it say anything about things God has prepared for those that love him?????? Sounds like more BS from Paul to try to bribe pagans to drop their gods and come over to Christianity. "Hey! Why do you guys want to stick with Dionysus? Come over to Christianity because God promises Christians things so wonderful that they cannot imagine nor have their eyes ever beheld such riches. And when you get there, tell God that Paul sent you. That way I score points with God too!" Just like Paul!

From Gospel of Thomas No. 17 saying:

So then the big question: who stole from who? Did Paul steal from Thomas or did Thomas steal from Paul?
You got me, When was Thomas written?

Old 08-30-2018, 10:04 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,844,369 times
Quote:
From pesach to the 7th day sheshivah is observed .
Think about what Yeshua said to the female disciple.
It wasn't time to for the omer count just yt?

Old 08-30-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
From pesach to the 7th day sheshivah is observed .
Think about what Yeshua said to the female disciple.
It wasn't time to for the omer count just yt?
What is Sheshivah bro? You are always using words I don't know, of course, I forget what happened yesterday, it's a blurr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality