Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 08:18 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,610,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

God has no bloodlust, btw. The writers were (albeit, part of human development) at the early stages when the mind was savage and barbaric...think of Braveheart and the horrific, one on one battles...and that was 1000s of years LATER!
Their lives were filled with revenge and defending their own..so, of course, they thought God
was like that ...punishing, angry, jealous, murderous...oh my gosh!
Quote:
I'm sorry.
Created what? Them who?
Are you being snarky with the 'YOUR god'? I can't tell.
Cuz I don't respond well to snarky....
Really?

Okay, the writers you described.

Quote:
The writers were (albeit, part of human development) at the early stages when the mind was savage and barbaric...think of Braveheart and the horrific, one on one battles...and that was 1000s of years LATER!
Their lives were filled with revenge and defending their own..so, of course, they thought God
was like that ...
Did your god create these “savage and barbaric“ people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 08:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,415,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Did your god create these “savage and barbaric“ people?
I went back and answered you in the post where i asked if you were being snarky.
Now, I'm sorry i did, why? Cuz your, "Really?" was unnecessary...a put down.
So C'ya....No soup for you.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I went back and answered you in the post where i asked if you were being snarky.
Now, I'm sorry i did, why? Cuz your, "Really?" was unnecessary...a put down.
So C'ya....No soup for you.
The ‘really’ was for the obvious avoidance of my question which you must have realized since you went back and added to your post after I replied.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Snip
Did this creator make us stupid? Yup...snip
What a creator!

Something to be proud of.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:05 AM

HEY...how come nobody told me about my TYPO in the subject! ..."panet" ? Oh, for pete's sake...

Would a MOD please change that to "planet"!

I won't be able to live with myself.
Thank you in advance!

Old 09-08-2018, 11:07 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,095,931 times
Quote:
It's so nice not to be posting in the Christian section so this may be more accepted here...Christians are so rigid in their thinking...everything is in a dogmatic box, their way or the highway (to hell, lol)), in my opinion.
You ask why we are here...first a person has to understand there is nothing that exists that is not because of 'Him', Who has no gender.
This is all a stage, an Epic Play, a movie, full of tragedy and triumphs...but the thing is this...the audience is Him, the stage is Him, the seats are Him, we are Him, the projector is Him, the light beam is Him, the film is Him, the screen is Him, the dust particles in the light beam are Him.
All there is is this One Being. The One Cosmic Shape Shifter...One, morphing into what appears to be
many; many indiviidualized beings and things...all held together and existing because of Him...His thought, His power, His love...His dream. Soon we could talk about what quantum physics has found.

All there is is this One. And this One is Love. BUT Love must love...but before Creation?... there is no one to love.
Meher Baba says it this way, tho I personally have been shown this and more, by sheer Grace...well, maybe my 45 years of meditation helped, LOL, sitting many times 3-6 hours a sitting! Hahahaha, that may have had a bit to do with it . but, I don't think so...I just laid the ground work...or rather He did.
This is precisely why we are here:

God is love. And Love must love. And to love there must be a Beloved.
But since God is Existence infinite and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself.
And in order to love Himself, He must imagine Himself as the Beloved whom He
as the lover imagines He loves.

Beloved and lover implies separation.
And separation creates longing; and longing causes search.
And the wider and the more intense the search, the greater the separation and the more terrible the longing.
When longing is at it's most intense, separation is complete, and the purpose of separation, which was that love might experience itself as lover and Beloved,
is fulfilled; and union follows.
And when union is attained, the lover knows that he himself was all along the Beloved, whom he loved and desired union with;
and that all the impossible situations that he overcame were obstacles which he himself had placed in the path to himself.

To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is impossible to become what you already are!
Union is nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

hmmm ... that's even more interesting. So then you must not believe in the belief that there could be consequences of our bad actions, and there is no reward in trying to do what's good and beneficial to humanity. There is no hell and there is no heaven. All "Him" and all "Love".

Not that I disagree with you but I tell you why it doesn't make sense to me and I can't swallow it.

If it's all one, then theoretically Hitler, Ted Bundy, Ariel Sharon, many rapists, child molesters, Pedophiles etc are part of "Him"?

And if that's part of "him" then sorry, it could be a "Him" for you, but not for me.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So then you must not believe in the belief that there could be consequences of our bad actions, and there is no reward in trying to do what's good and beneficial to humanity. There is no hell and there is no heaven. All "Him" and all "Love".
I dunno why you took it there, the Ted Bundys and all, but ok.
I will say this, there is a bigger picture.
Does that mean don't put a murderer in jail? No.
We're here for a reason...some are criminals, some are saints, some are the victims of criminals...
it's earth after all...stuff happens.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:45 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,095,931 times
Quote:
I dunno why you took it there, the Ted Bundys and all, but ok.
I will say this, there is a bigger picture.
Does that mean don't put a murderer in jail? No.
We're here for a reason...some are criminals, some are saints, some are the victims of criminals...
it's earth after all...stuff happens.
OK and then what’s the end of this stage play?

Old 09-08-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
OK and then what’s the end of this stage play?
Like I'm supposed to know ...this is what I have heard....it is not coming from me, but I think it is reasonable...
First, this is what I do know...this Being of Infinite Intelligence has a heart like you would never believe...
like a bottomless well wanting to be filled with love.
It is something that brought me to tears for 3 months when I was shown.
(Remember I sit in meditation for many hours...or another way that doesn't sound
like Eastern mumbo jumbo to some people...sitting in stillness and silence, with the best ear plugs...so still it is hard to imagine for some.

He will wait for every single last soul to love Him...every nanosecond a human heart cracks open and
sees Him, relies on Him, loves Him is Pure Joy...this I know....so He will wait...mind you,
you can only truly love something, anything if you know that thing, personally...not love the stories
you've read, pictures you've seen and such.

This part is what I have read in diff places, imagine that billions and billions of souls and they all Awaken...they now know who they are and want to go Home to their Source.
All are merged and united with their Creator where they came from...
where they were always destined to be.

Borrrrring....so He starts again... The Eternal Dance.
Cycles...God loves cycles, have you noticed?

Old 09-09-2018, 09:09 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,068,297 times
Quote:
But:
Hosea 6:6 I desire mercy not sacrifice

Isaiah 1:11..To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord:
I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts;
and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.-KJV

Why is it so hard to think of God as never possibly wanting such a thing?
I don't know how anyone could believe it....the blood need.
No one that has exp'd God would EVER think it.
That is the first indication if someone has known God...he now knows 'He' is a Being of Pure Love, and Joy and everything light and wonderful.

Now watch...Christians will come out of the woodwork to say, No...He created hell
and is punishing, jealous and just.
Really? Then, you don't know the God I know!!! You know a God from a book written by
well-meaning, superstitious primitives.

It's better to not believe in a God cuz you haven't seen 'Him', than believe 'He', Who has gender...is a bloody monster.
You’re reading that wrong...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality