Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 06:49 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No. I saw my first dead person when I was about 10. And have seen dozens since. All were absent. Only their husks remained.
Yes. As for now, when it appears the fire of life has gone we have to call the game at some point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_coffin

25+ years ago an instructor informed our class of the following: "The patients who are now receiving home health, in the past, would have been hospitalized. The patients who are on the hospital floors, in the past, would have been in the I.C.U.(s). The patients who are in the I.C.U.(s), in the past, would have been in the grave."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 01:52 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,418,234 times
No need for a safety coffin in my case. Just like the Cheech and Chong movie, I'll be 'Up In Smoke". If I'm not 'dead' when they stick me in the oven, I will be when they rake my ashes out.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
No need for a safety coffin in my case. Just like the Cheech and Chong movie, I'll be 'Up In Smoke". If I'm not 'dead' when they stick me in the oven, I will be when they rake my ashes out.
Git 'er done!

Old 09-27-2018, 10:31 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I said to a friend "I wonder what it's like after you die?" He said "What was it like before you were born?"
And to that, I'd ask, "What was your first year of life like? No second-hand accounts, please. Personal recollections only."

Old 09-27-2018, 11:26 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And to that, I'd ask, "What was your first year of life like? No second-hand accounts, please. Personal recollections only."
I am convinced I have one specific memory during my first year of life. It consists of me being in a crib, on the floor of a house with a dark wooden floor in my parents bedroom. I discussed that with my mother when I was in my 30's, and not only did she confirm that was the case, she showed me a picture (one I had no idea that it existed) of almost exactly what my memory told me.

We moved from that house before my first birthday.

But, it was a good come back, Katz.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:32 AM

1,183 posts, read 709,156 times
Quote:

You're comparing non-existence to existent but unable to retain memories? What does that inform?

There are people with brain injuries that have absolutely no short term memory - ie what happened ten minutes ago. So what?

I can't remember is not analogous to no I period.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:46 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,326,494 times
Quote:
I remember having to go to my maternal grandparents house quite often; they lived roughl 250 miles away from where my parents lived.

My crib was located in the far bedroom, the last door in the hall. I still remember how the shadows liked to pool back there, the only spot in the house where sunlight could not penetrate as there were no nearby windows.

My crib was of a light wooden color, obviously varnished rather than painted. It felt old -- as if many generations of my family had lain in the same crib where I slept, though later my mom insisted that they bought it at a yard sale a few months before I was born.

Inside the crib, on the "headboard" (as much as cribs have headboards), was the painting of a brownish teddy bear holding by strings three balloons -- red, yellow, and blue.

The reason why I remember it so well is because of how damn scared I was being back there because I swear that room was haunted. I can still to this day remember the strange lights and apparitions I saw while there. I still have no rational explanation for it -- and no, I wasn't dreaming.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
before you incarnate in a physical body, you are planning your life and the things you would like to do to grow and advance and become more kind, generous, and compassionate in how you treat others, using your free will to choose how to respond to the situations that you will face in your upcoming life.
after you die, you review your life and see how well you did in making those choices using your free will.
based on what you "learn" in reviewing your life just finished, you then decide whether or not to incarnate again, and if so you plan your next incarnation.
You left out the 'resting period' before any decisions to come back and in what situation. And your loved ones greeting you.

My advice to the op is go to NDERF Home Page, the NDE Research Foundation, to read the hundreds of NDE stories....they at least
got onto 'the front porch' and got a peak of life after death.
Ya got attempted suicides, Christians, atheists, children, not many from other religions...interesting place.

Oh, also, an online read is Anthony Borgia's, 'Life in the World Unseen' series, told to him by his psychic buddy on the Other Side, Father Benson.
And the very famous Chico Xavier's messages from there...a movie was made,' The Astral City: A Spiritual Journey'.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:18 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,351,362 times
Quote:
Although I have heard claims that some individuals remember being in the womb, few people remember their first year of life because their brains were not well developed enough yet. I have a distinct memory of an incident that occurred when I was in my crib, which my mother says occurred when I was about 20 months old. I have no memories before I was conceived however, largely owing to not yet existing.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Although I have heard claims that some individuals remember being in the womb, few people remember their first year of life because their brains were not well developed enough yet. I have a distinct memory of an incident that occurred when I was in my crib, which my mother says occurred when I was about 20 months old. I have no memories before I was conceived however, largely owing to not yet existing.
It's interesting to learn when people believe they came into existence, or if they believe they've always existed, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality