Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 06:44 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Everyone always says that the garden fell, but one day, mankind would go back to how it was with the 3 in the garden of Adam.
I find at Revelation 22:2 that mankind will go back to the ' garden ' in that mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' Tree of Life ' for the ' healing ' of earth's nations. That is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev, 2:20 for Jesus to come ! Come and undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon mankind. Then, Jesus will destroy Satan as per Hebrews 2:14 B, and ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We will likely find out that day how small and insignificant humans truly are, I have a feeling we will be astonished at how complex everything is/was, and the vastly different types of life that are out there (not just on planet earth), and how we are/were all connected in so many ways.
I find according to Scripture, as of this time, there are Not different types of life out there.
First, the issue raised in Eden has to be settled right here on Earth before life elsewhere.
When Adam broke God's Law it was as if Adam was taking the Law out of God's hands and placing the Law into man's hands. Adam set up People Rule as being superior to God Rule. The passing of time would prove who was right.
Mankind has thus proven that man can Not direct his step, so God will step in and have Jesus, as Prince of Peace, and King of God's Kingdom of Daniel 2:44 usher in global international Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill before there will be intelligent life elsewhere. So, once the issue of sovereignty is settled here ( who can govern best ) then there can be intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I believe if someone was to come back from death and try to explain it to those still living, they would probably say things like, "its nothing like I ever imagined it to be"..
I find that according to Scripture Jesus did come back from death when his God resurrected the dead Jesus.
Since Jesus had a pre-human heavenly existence before his God sent Jesus to Earth for us, then Jesus knew what death or being dead would be like. Jesus Not only imagined death to be like sleep but taught sleep in death at John 11:11-14.
The old Hebrew Scriptures also teach sleep in death at Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4 and Jesus being well educated in the Scriptures then was teaching what the Hebrew Scriptures teach us. Even King Solomon, known for his God-given wisdom, wrote us that the dead know nothing at Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Even the word cemetery means: sleeping place. (Rest In Peace, RIP)
'Sleep' until Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth when ' there will be ' (future tense) a resurrection.... as per Acts 24:15. This is a reason why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come ! Come and bring the benefits of Rev. 22:2 for the 'healing' of earth's nations.Then 'enemy death' will be No more according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:41 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,882,745 times
Quote:
To me ' near death ' is Not actual death.
But...no-one in the West knows what actual death is, so it is easy and comforting to have this opinion.

It would be better to study the things people report from life and see what conclusions we can draw from those. That is how all discoveries have been capitalised apon by investigating the things we observe and experience as a result of coincidental happenings.

So, when an NDE occurs and they report seeing what cannot be seen from the operating table or hearing something in a different part of the hospital, then these things need explanations. An explanation of death will help everyone, even though there have been existing explanations in various Books of the Dead, Tibetan, Egyptian, etc

The harder we stick to our own brand of belief the more we cut ourself off from other peoples. So much for Love Thy Neighbor and more like Fight Thy Neighbor and kill him if we can because he is not like us.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:16 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
ANYTHING is possible in the afterlife.

I think maybe our subconscious has a big part to play in this, if we have hatred or guilt in our hearts when we die, maybe we sort of create our own 'hell'.

Whether we admit it or not every one of us on here has a 'worst case scenario' they have imagined in their head, relating to what their afterlife will be like. I have a fear of confined spaces, so my absolute worst case scenario of hell, would be buried alive or something similar...and since I am already dead, anything is possible in that sense, my own consciousness could 'create' this reality. (btw, this is really scary to me!I hate thinking about it).

My other thought is the afterlife may be NOTHING, and I mean, NOTHING like any of us anticipates! It could be so bizarre and different than the mental image we have, our minds could not even make sense of it.
Think your worst crazy nightmares.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:58 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
ANYTHING is possible in the afterlife.

I think maybe our subconscious has a big part to play in this, if we have hatred or guilt in our hearts when we die, maybe we sort of create our own 'hell'.

Whether we admit it or not every one of us on here has a 'worst case scenario' they have imagined in their head, relating to what their afterlife will be like. I have a fear of confined spaces, so my absolute worst case scenario of hell, would be buried alive or something similar...and since I am already dead, anything is possible in that sense, my own consciousness could 'create' this reality. (btw, this is really scary to me!I hate thinking about it).

My other thought is the afterlife may be NOTHING, and I mean, NOTHING like any of us anticipates! It could be so bizarre and different than the mental image we have, our minds could not even make sense of it.
I would like to assuage your concerns but it is entirely possible that our state of mind and the character and perspective on life that we have created throughout our life will determine what the next stage will be like for us. If we believe in and practice genuine agape love (NOT LUST) as much as possible it is likely our next stage will be filled with love and everything we have ever loved. Unfortunately, if we believe in and practice hate, fear, insincerity, injustice, etc. it is likely our next stage will be filled with hate, fear, insincerity, injustice, etc. and everything we have ever hated, feared, been insincere about, been unjust to, etc. will come to plague us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Think your worst crazy nightmares.
Very likely!

Old 09-13-2018, 03:57 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,418,234 times
If you have a thought, is it heard anywhere, or by anyone else? Or, does that thought die when you die? I think it does. Therefore, IMO, no one can answer my first post with any degree of accuracy because 'near death' is not 'death'. A dead person cannot have any physical or spiritual characteristics of being alive. What dead person has ever been able to tell the story?

Old 09-13-2018, 07:09 AM

16,785 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It IS a fact that folks 'know' or 'see' or 'hear' things while out of body in NDEs which suggest there is part of us which can leave. That suggests we are more than physical matter too.
Yes, they see things based on their cultural upbringing. From heaven to spirit animals to UFOs.

Which suggests their experience is based on the brain trying to make sense of a difficult situation by using their cultural ideas.

We are still waiting for verifiable evidence for genuine out of body experiences.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:30 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
I find that, according to the Book of Atheist Dogmatic Directives, any argument beginning: "I find that according to Scripture" deserves no consideration, until the Holy Book it comes from is proven to be reliable, and that, Friends, is as likely to happen as proving that the sun revolves around a Flat earth.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:32 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I would like to assuage your concerns but it is entirely possible that our state of mind and the character and perspective on life that we have created throughout our life will determine what the next stage will be like for us. If we believe in and practice genuine agape love (NOT LUST) as much as possible it is likely our next stage will be filled with love and everything we have ever loved. Unfortunately, if we believe in and practice hate, fear, insincerity, injustice, etc. it is likely our next stage will be filled with hate, fear, insincerity, injustice, etc. and everything we have ever hated, feared, been insincere about, been unjust to, etc. will come to plague us.
Very likely!
Mystic mate, you are so close to seeing that Humanism IS the next stage, but godfaith is blocking you from taking that step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality