Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 04:08 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Holy Crap!
There is nothing Holy about that crap, Katz!

Old 09-16-2018, 05:21 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well now, let's compare "how you said" with a couple of key points from Hulsker:
The only way you can even hint that it is the way you say would be to say, "well, ok, that's the 'objective morality' from somewhere." Your "personal opinion and concensus" Are nothing like the way Hulsker said the world operates.
Fail
I succeeded in what I was trying to do. I actually looked at how the world operates, and noted it.
Hulsker summed up with the final words (even italicized and bolded), "you know, actually looking at how the world operates.".
That is what I did.
Now, again...do you have an argument with what I noted...or are you just gonna refer to what some other poster wrote that was supossed to help me "get a clue"?
It seems you have some kinda issue with my post in response to the OP...but for some reason will not say what it is. Very strange.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:03 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
16But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth: 17But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:
-Deuteronomy 20 -KJV.

Yes or no - God is commanding genocide here.
Repeating this as it seems to have been mistaken for a rhetorical question; it is not.

Come Closer - is God commanding genocide in this quoted Bible passage? Yes or no?

Old 09-16-2018, 06:15 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
@ The Last Amalekite 1Sam15

So are you trying some daft meme way to try paint all Christians as Nazis or something?

Is this where I get to post the TOP 10 things wrong with Darwinian Evolution, lol?

He didn't do that at all. You posted that fascism was anti-god, and he posted the words of the most horrendous fascist of all time.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:00 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I succeeded in what I was trying to do. I actually looked at how the world operates, and noted it.
Hulsker summed up with the final words (even italicized and bolded), "you know, actually looking at how the world operates.".
That is what I did.
Now, again...do you have an argument with what I noted...or are you just gonna refer to what some other poster wrote that was supossed to help me "get a clue"?
It seems you have some kinda issue with my post in response to the OP...but for some reason will not say what it is. Very strange.

The point, GldnRule, is that there IS a very solid basis for "morality" in what helps society operate smoothly and the ONLY time "personal opinion or concensus" comes into play is when that "objective" basis is being bypassed.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:17 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Repeating this as it seems to have been mistaken for a rhetorical question; it is not.

Come Closer - is God commanding genocide in this quoted Bible passage? Yes or no?
Yes. The God of the Old Testament made no bones about the fact he was a vengeful and jealous God. He would often test people who claimed to be loyal to him.

God also called upon Abraham to kill his own son; but, he prevented Abraham from completing the assignment. Abraham did pass God's test. He proved he would unquestioningly obey God, although he did agonize over the assignment.

God told Lots family to leave Sodom & Gomorra and to not look back or they will be turned to pillars of salt. What do you think happened? That's right! Lots wife looked back and she became a pillar of salt. God keeps his word here.

What were the people God was asking to be destroyed doing? Were they actually destroyed?

Old 09-16-2018, 07:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Yes. The God of the Old Testament made no bones about the fact he was a vengeful and jealous God. He would often test people who claimed to be loyal to him.

God also called upon Abraham to kill his own son; but, he prevented Abraham from completing the assignment. Abraham did pass God's test. He proved he would unquestioningly obey God, although he did agonize over the assignment.

God told Lots family to leave Sodom & Gomorra and to not look back or they will be turned to pillars of salt. What do you think happened? That's right! Lots wife looked back and she became a pillar of salt. God keeps his word here.

What were the people God was asking to be destroyed doing? Were they actually destroyed?

In short: God is a bumbling, narcissistic, genocidal psychopath.

Yeah, most of us already knew that.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In short: God is a bumbling, narcissistic, genocidal psychopath.

Yeah, most of us already knew that.
I believe God claimed to be vengeful and jealous. He's a God not a person so your psychological assessment does not apply. If you cant tell us the outcome of God's request then you cannot hope to understand his point.

Perhaps a rabbi could help you.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
I believe God claimed to be vengeful and jealous. He's a God not a person so your psychological assessment does not apply. If you cant tell us the outcome of God's request then you cannot hope to understand his point.

Perhaps a rabbi could help you.

LOL.

I hope you stay.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL.

I hope you stay.
Thank you. I hope so too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality