Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 05:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Are the planets that Mormons are going to rule be less 'psycho'? If so, how can that be? That would mean that we (people who become Gods) could become better than this God, the one that rules over this planet. How did we get stuck with a psycho planet? And apparently not as good of a God as could exist?

Or are all the planets 'psycho'? If so, why seek Godhood to rule over one and populate it, perpetuating this cycle?

Unless it's thought we can do a better job than God, we can be better Gods with better planets?
Sorry, I cant speak on Mormon beliefs in general.
Why we were created on this planet would have to be for a separate thread..too far off topic.
Meet you over there.

BapFun said we were born in wrath, not me...I should have placed "" around "psycho planet"...I was quoting what I thought was a comical phrase.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:12 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Sorry, I cant speak on Mormon beliefs in general.
Why we were created on this planet would have to be for a separate thread..too far off topic.
Meet you over there.

BapFun said we were born in wrath, not me...I should have placed "" around "psycho planet"...I was quoting what I thought was a comical phrase.
It is comical, I was just confused because I thought you were backing the Mormon belief of us all becoming Gods due to your other posts in this thread. And I say we, as a non-Mormon, because they are going to Baptize me as Mormon after I am dead, seal me to who knows how many husbands (my ex probably will NOT be happy about THAT but his current wife and I are quite alike. Perhaps that will be ok with all of us in eternity, IDK. I don't see him being ok with being sealed to whatever other man or men I am also sealed to, only the polygamy part might appeal to him,not the polyandry part). (Men are so unfair).

In any case, this way seems easier path to Godhood. I don't have to do any hoopla or Temple marriages in this life, they will take care of all that for me.

Anywho, some could say that CS Lewis seems like a Christian Scientist in many aspects. Not an expert on that, but I have a friend who is one and he prays to be in tune with God, more perfect in spirit. He truly believes this wards off not only illness and such, but even traffic accidents. IDK what I think about THAT part, but the concept of being more in tune with our perfect spirits appeals to me.

That quote by Lewis posted upthread to me speaks more to that concept than becoming Gods. I think if he believed in BECOMING GODS there would be more that one quote to point to. Though he did make Princes and Princesses of the children in the Narnia series. Not Gods, but royalty.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:35 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
They were the ones who owned the gold, throughout history, therefore they could also write God's laws.
It's likeit said in "The King of Id" "The Golden rule - whoever has the gold, makes the rules". But all kidding aside, it's been like that from the start - the one with the most power decided what the "Right" Christianity was and all the rest were heretics and had to be exterminated in crusades. Until, that is, the protestants fought the Vatican to a standstill and the the war hasn't really died down, even today.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:58 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
What is the 'solid food'?
It was am analogy of a baby being given milk because it was not yet ready for burger and fries. Thus early societies were given polytheism, because they were not yet ready for Monotheism. The a vengeful god because they were not ready for a loving god, then a loving god that that was only occasionally going to send a flood or hurricane to wipe out 20 people, just to let us know He was there, but was mich more about for love, forgiveness and kindness, except for the bastards who would burn eternally in Hell, because they didn;t love God enough.

But (Mystic's belief goes) that advanced diet "Solid food" of unconditional love exemplified by Jesus on the cross for a few hours was too much for most people. They puked up this Solid Food of "Agape Love" (I feel like throwing up too, every time I hear the term) and stick to the 'milk' that was all that they could stomach. The worldly lessons they has been able to learn "Carnal milk" but hadn't been able to adapt to the spiritual lesson of pure love for your fellow man - the more advanced lesson: the spiritual 'solid food' that is the Gospel - talk that Mystic has fitted into his theory.

Hope that clarifies this Mystic utterance, And he is of course welcome to correct any mistakes I bade in explaining his ideas, though he is less welcome to post that I am an uneducated concrete thinker who is unable to see the truth, and suchlike exhibits of how 'Agape Love' manifests is its' children.

Quote:
It is comical, I was just confused because I thought you were backing the Mormon belief of us all becoming Gods due to your other posts in this thread. And I say we, as a non-Mormon, because they are going to Baptize me as Mormon after I am dead, seal me to who knows how many husbands (my ex probably will NOT be happy about THAT but his current wife and I are quite alike. Perhaps that will be ok with all of us in eternity, IDK. I don't see him being ok with being sealed to whatever other man or men I am also sealed to, only the polygamy part might appeal to him,not the polyandry part). (Men are so unfair).

In any case, this way seems easier path to Godhood. I don't have to do any hoopla or Temple marriages in this life, they will take care of all that for me.

Anywho, some could say that CS Lewis seems like a Christian Scientist in many aspects. Not an expert on that, but I have a friend who is one and he prays to be in tune with God, more perfect in spirit. He truly believes this wards off not only illness and such, but even traffic accidents. IDK what I think about THAT part, but the concept of being more in tune with our perfect spirits appeals to me.

That quote by Lewis posted upthread to me speaks more to that concept than becoming Gods. I think if he believed in BECOMING GODS there would be more that one quote to point to. Though he did make Princes and Princesses of the children in the Narnia series. Not Gods, but royalty.
I'd guess, that it's a theistic exigetical rhetorical ploy of picking a phrase or term in another Belief that you don't actually share and because it sounds vaguely like a belief that you do share, you qoute it in a spirit of "Look, even this wrong -believer really supports what I believe".

But of course, I may be projecting

Old 10-16-2018, 10:05 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Are the planets that Mormons are going to rule be less 'psycho'? If so, how can that be? That would mean that we (people who become Gods) could become better than this God, the one that rules over this planet. How did we get stuck with a psycho planet? And apparently not as good of a God as could exist?

Or are all the planets 'psycho'? If so, why seek Godhood to rule over one and populate it, perpetuating this cycle?

Unless it's thought we can do a better job than God, we can be better Gods with better planets?
Quote:

Talk about clueless and uninformed.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:07 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Me, too.
And everyday I am consciously ridding myself of the paperchains of ridiculous limitations to realize just who I am
as an heir of Christ's...my Father's daughter...the daugher of a King...all of us little princes and princesses of The most
magnificent Being ever !
Beautifully stated.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:43 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Talk about clueless and uninformed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.