Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 03:02 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I would rather be dead than be celibate.
Absolutely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 04:03 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
celibacy, an adherence that is practiced by many religions, faiths and spiritualities, is also adhered socially for personal or societal reasons.

as a celibacy adherer, i was curious if there were others who adhered not only socially, but also adhered spiritually or religiously.

what is your general view celibacy?
Why???

If celibacy was a mandate, the world would have needed with Adam and Steve in the gadda da vida.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:26 AM

23,173 posts, read 10,463,936 times
I am celibate now for 15 years, it was so freaking hard at first but I am so glad that I made that choice now. I didn't think I would be able to do it, but thank the good almighty God I don't have to put up with anyone now, I wouldn't go back to that old lifestyle even if Judy Dench would have me.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:44 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Quote:
celibacy, an adherence that is practiced by many religions, faiths and spiritualities, is also adhered socially for personal or societal reasons.

as a celibacy adherer, i was curious if there were others who adhered not only socially, but also adhered spiritually or religiously.

what is your general view celibacy?
Why stop at celibacy though?

Why not abstain from eating and using the restroom?

Sex is a natural human need. Religion does not bans it - religious guidance regulates it.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:48 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,351,362 times
Quote:
well, you must understand that there may be other worldly or societally factors that may influence this. of course, it would be quite ignorant if i generalized all milennials as abstinent, intermittant celibate or fully celibate.

who knows
I have known many Christians during the course of my life that consider sex to be filthy and repugnant, and somehow offensive to God. And they can't seem to fathom that not everyone finds their self imposed guilt and repression attractive.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:18 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
I'm gonna speak up in favor of total christian celibacy.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am celibate now for 15 years, it was so freaking hard at first but I am so glad that I made that choice now. I didn't think I would be able to do it, but thank the good almighty God I don't have to put up with anyone now, I wouldn't go back to that old lifestyle even if Judy Dench would have me.
Judy Dench? Old mate you are hilarious. I still don't know whether deliberately or inadvertently.

Quote:
well, you must understand that there may be other worldly or societally factors that may influence this. of course, it would be quite ignorant if i generalized all milennials as abstinent, intermittant celibate or fully celibate.

who knows
Looking at the report (Los Angeles Times was unavailable. I suppose you have to sign up for a subscription first) it seems that the cause is nothing to do with religion, but Alternatives. I suspect that the alternatives with so much exposure to sex (broadly) just takes away for temptation of Forbidden fruit.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Judy Dench? Old mate you are hilarious. I still don't know whether deliberately or inadvertently.

Looking at the report (Los Angeles Times was unavailable. I suppose you have to sign up for a subscription first) it seems that the cause is nothing to do with religion, but Alternatives. I suspect that the alternatives with so much exposure to sex (broadly) just takes away for temptation of Forbidden fruit.
Totally serious about Judy Dench, she is so hot, but then my first girlfriend was 42, and I always liked older women because I have always been attracted to a more mature woman, and young girls just never did the trick...I am certainly not attracted to Denche's physical features, it is her mind, the way she is, yeah, HOT. I might just go back to dating if Judy wanted me, who knows.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:51 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Do you live in isolation in some remote place?

Old 10-27-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Do you live in isolation in some remote place?
I am a recluse, I live in town and I have to deal with people but if I had my way, I would never see them or speak to them....I was married twice, kids with two different women and so my plate has always been full. I try and visit my daughter and grandkids but that is about it. My family and friends have always been angry with me because I wont eat with anyone, I wont go out to sit and eat, and I wont eat at anyone's house during holidays, but the reason I am celibate is because if I am to be with a woman, I feel that I should be honest and tell her all about myself and I can't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality