Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 01:58 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,633,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am a recluse, I live in town and I have to deal with people but if I had my way, I would never see them or speak to them....I was married twice, kids with two different women and so my plate has always been full. I try and visit my daughter and grandkids but that is about it. My family and friends have always been angry with me because I wont eat with anyone, I wont go out to sit and eat, and I wont eat at anyone's house during holidays, but the reason I am celibate is because if I am to be with a woman, I feel that I should be honest and tell her all about myself and I can't do that.
Makes sense, I guess. Are you happy living your life this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 02:31 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,738 times
Quote:
I am a recluse, I live in town and I have to deal with people but if I had my way, I would never see them or speak to them....I was married twice, kids with two different women and so my plate has always been full. I try and visit my daughter and grandkids but that is about it. My family and friends have always been angry with me because I wont eat with anyone, I wont go out to sit and eat, and I wont eat at anyone's house during holidays, but the reason I am celibate is because if I am to be with a woman, I feel that I should be honest and tell her all about myself and I can't do that.
Once a person has reached the conclusion that no one else likes them, it makes perfect sense to shut everyone out. I would imagine.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:05 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
I have known many Christians during the course of my life that consider sex to be filthy and repugnant, and somehow offensive to God. And they can't seem to fathom that not everyone finds their self imposed guilt and repression attractive.
Yet fornication may be the most prevalent in the western world where Christinaty is the dominant religion.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:11 PM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Once a person has reached the conclusion that no one else likes them, it makes perfect sense to shut everyone out. I would imagine.
I never had a problem with women liking me, rather I was known as a person who could hook up with any woman any time and anywhere I was. Even as old and ugly as I have become, I could walk into any krogers or Walmart hand in hand with a stranger to even moving in with her. It's not really physical attraction with most women, it is what you say, plus there being lonely women E V E R Y W H E R E. That's the thing, people don't like to be alone, they don't like to be bored, and I am like a woman's dream come true, really lol. I mean, I don't mean to brag, but I am after all a God and all, not THE God, but in there somewhere and I always tell people, '' Please don't call me God, that is like blasphemy.

I could find a million women who adored me just because of what I say and how I say it, not that I am no longer attractive at all, but it is what comes out of my mouth. I stay particularly guarded even with you and male friends, I have to watch out that even my friends don't fall in love with me, I have too many stalkers now. Yeah, it's like magic and I have to be a responsible person with as much power that has been given me, the magic, the magic.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Makes sense, I guess. Are you happy living your life this way?
I suffered some very terrible trauma in divorce and it changed the chemicals in my brain so I guess I am as happy as crazy gets. Like how I don't eat around people because I went a bit nuts. You put me in a locked room with somebody chewing gum and they wont stop, they will stop when I knock them out. It's completely irrational, don't make no sense, but that is why I don't eat around people lol. It's not normal but something inside me gets very angry at smackers, so stupid. But I am happy because I am always able to do what I want to do, and what I want to do takes all my time and all my thoughts and so it wouldn't be fair in a relationship. It would be like being married to a man who is really married to his job and never comes home. I don't get lonely anymore, I have Trout and all y'all.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:57 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,574,271 times
Quote:
Totally serious about Judy Dench, she is so hot, but then my first girlfriend was 42, and I always liked older women because I have always been attracted to a more mature woman, and young girls just never did the trick...I am certainly not attracted to Denche's physical features, it is her mind, the way she is, yeah, HOT. I might just go back to dating if Judy wanted me, who knows.

So what good is your celibacy? As in your mind, you are not celibate at all. As it is not what you do, but what you think.

Neither true love, nor true celibacy, nor true compassion can be "practiced". Anything practiced is forced.

OP< you need to read OSHO. He was called sex guru for a reason. Same time, he is celibacy guru.

But anyhow. every human being is sexual in its entire core. We came form sex. Otherwise, stop eating to not take any toxins. Damage your ears to not hear foul sounds. Poke your eyes (where did I read this before..) to not see any evil or temptations. Then, for one, you are not a human anymore and for two - it is all still in your thoughts... Like Judy Dench in his

Old 10-27-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
So what good is your celibacy? As in your mind, you are not celibate at all. As it is not what you do, but what you think.

Neither true love, nor true celibacy, nor true compassion can be "practiced". Anything practiced is forced.

OP< you need to read OSHO. He was called sex guru for a reason. Same time, he is celibacy guru.

But anyhow. every human being is sexual in its entire core. We came form sex. Otherwise, stop eating to not take any toxins. Damage your ears to not hear foul sounds. Poke your eyes (where did I read this before..) to not see any evil or temptations. Then, for one, you are not a human anymore and for two - it is all still in your thoughts... Like Judy Dench in his
I just see beauty, I could fall in love with just about anyone, I just choose not to have sex anymore.

I don't know, maybe I don't know what celibacy is or the definition, just saying, it's been 15 years since I was with a woman, and it will never happen in my life. Is that being celibate?

Damn my eyes, but I am not going to rip them out.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:42 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,131 times
Excuse my ignorance,,,,.
So celibates don’t practice onanism either? I mean, how is this even possible, secially for young and healthy males to shut it all off and go total celibate?

When you are a young and healthy male, you automatically get an orgasm in your sleep if haven’t have any sex for a certain (usually short) amount of time.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:08 PM

I have heard that boys are supposed to get something in they sleep, but that has never happened to me, I suppose it happens, but it don't happen to everyone. That is just something somebody says of all males but isn't true, they say it of babies and I scoff, it sounds ridiculous, and I am speaking as a person who was a boy, and although people would explain orgasms, I had no clue what they were talking about, I figured it impossible, it was an impossiblity to me as a boy, it was not physically possible and for someone to say that it is possible for a young boy sounds insane to me because it wasn't possible for me.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:10 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
By coincidence I just heard a discussion of the Incel phenomenon and the violence attached to it. Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality