Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 04:08 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
When I get to heaven and complain I was forced to live alone?

Yeah ok.

Do yo you think that I think that you are a Satanist or that I think you are going to some hell? I don't believe in hell, and I sure don't think you are a Satanist. Just saying, I am not one of those Christians who think you are going some place worse than me.
Referring to myself as "a heathen baby eating Satanic atheist" should have been your first clue that I was being tongue in cheek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 05:15 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
I am not understanding, one person seems mad because I chose not to deal with relationships anymore, and here is your post as if it is something that can be thrown in my face, why do people seem to be upset about the personal choices I made? I am thinking that you people need to get a life, I was just reaponding to a post and sharing about myself, had I known that you guys were waiting to bash me, I wouldn't have shared at all. Really?
Certainly your choices are your own business. It seems though that you have not healed from your trauma (your word). You should address that because you deserve to heal. Then remain celibate or not, as you choose.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:19 PM

23,166 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Referring to myself as "a heathen baby eating Satanic atheist" should have been your first clue that I was being tongue in cheek.
O, my bad, I get the picture though.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Certainly your choices are your own business. It seems though that you have not healed from your trauma (your word). You should address that because you deserve to heal. Then remain celibate or not, as you choose.
There is no way to fix the brain, there is no medicine or fix to what I have but thanks......I just gave up on explaining myself, I just think everyone should be honest and to do that, I have to go through this big talk that I just couldn't deal with any longer really. It's too hard being honest and I couldn't decieve or hurt a woman to be with her for a while and then maybe we break up because I wasn't honest, I just can't see putting all my baggage on somebody, it wouldn't be fair and when you already have two wives and kids by two wives, what could I really offer somebody especially after becoming an extreme obsessive compulsive and Bi polar, I mean, it could work but I would feel like I was taking advantage of somebody.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:30 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Both
Wow. There are some dudes with this viewpoint posting in the Relationships forum, but I had no idea how widespread this is or that there have been actual violent acts of terrorism committed. These people are crazy and sick.

(I just Googled and saw some news stories).

Old 10-29-2018, 02:45 AM

11,029 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
There is no way to fix the brain, there is no medicine or fix to what I have but thanks......I just gave up on explaining myself, I just think everyone should be honest and to do that, I have to go through this big talk that I just couldn't deal with any longer really. It's too hard being honest and I couldn't decieve or hurt a woman to be with her for a while and then maybe we break up because I wasn't honest, I just can't see putting all my baggage on somebody, it wouldn't be fair and when you already have two wives and kids by two wives, what could I really offer somebody especially after becoming an extreme obsessive compulsive and Bi polar, I mean, it could work but I would feel like I was taking advantage of somebody.
Ah - while I got you right up front, the full explanation makes it much clearer. I have baggage too but I chose not to be alone. I was only married once but my second trauma was losing my son. Both my sons actually but the younger one was to drugs and he finally came back.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
celibacy, an adherence that is practiced by many religions, faiths and spiritualities, is also adhered socially for personal or societal reasons.

as a celibacy adherer, i was curious if there were others who adhered not only socially, but also adhered spiritually or religiously.

what is your general view celibacy?
Ive met a handful of people over the years that refrain from sex, both men and women. not really due to religion or beliefs, Its just not important or a big deal to them.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Ah - while I got you right up front, the full explanation makes it much clearer. I have baggage too but I chose not to be alone. I was only married once but my second trauma was losing my son. Both my sons actually but the younger one was to drugs and he finally came back.
Dang man, I was just traumatized by divorce, I can't even imagine dude, I really can't.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:50 PM

22 posts, read 17,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It looks to me to be not only against nature and against Biblical teachings, but against what is good for humanity. Of course, if people what to be celibate, that's their choice. Our gene pool can manage very well without their input.
I don't think the gene pool is managing itself well at all. 60% of males are cheaters. [see Footnote 1] They will always be cheaters, and my perception is that a majority of women seem to have some bizarre compulsion to breed with jerks who will say anything to get into a woman's pants. 40% of women also cheat on their spouses, who end up raising the children. True facts I read in a scientific journal article once. Probably the statistics are worse by now. The Idiocracy is coming. (see the movie if you haven't already). But it won't survive long. I'm sure humanity won't survive more than 100 more years. I guess the people who come after will look like humans, but they'll be a new genetically engineered species, and if there are any humans left, they will live in zoos or on special reservations where they won't be allowed to possess technology. Read Brave New World. We already have the technology for editing the human genome one base pair at a time in an efficient manner. The breakthrough happened last year.

[Footnote 1]
The guys who cheat usually do it because they can never be happy with one woman. They get pleasure and excitement from sex, but they don't have the gene for the release of oxytocin during orgasm. Oxytocin is the bonding hormone that bonds some people during orgasm, and bonds mothers to their babies during childbirth. Those guys will never be faithful unless they're strongly religious. And even then, lots of people seem to think it is cool to sin as long as you ask Jesus for forgiveness later. Don't even know the meaning of Repent.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:30 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorwell View Post
The guys who cheat usually do it because they can never be happy with one woman.
Or they have an old hag of a wife!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality