Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 06:25 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
what is your opinion of jesus demeanor?
Fictional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 01:53 PM

23,169 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
excuse unedited cell phone grammar that has errors

why did jesus regard both herod and pilate as powerless?

judging by* jesus' demeanor in the prescence of both herod and pilate, one can infer that jesus didnt regard their authority, even though they had the power to free him

prior to being in the presence of both pilate and herod, jesus disregarded the forewarning of the pharisees in these verses:

Luke 13:31-32 (WBS)
31 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying to him, Go out, and depart hence; for Herod will kill thee.
32 And he said to them, Go ye and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out demons, and I do cures to-day and to-morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

do you think that this teaching prior to the crucifixtion was a predictor of his demeanor toward pilate and herod?

Luke 12:4 (WBS)* And I say to you, my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

jesus taught that overcoming the world was the premise of our existence . he stated this in this verse:

John 16:33 (WBS)* These things I have spoken to you, that in me ye may have peace. In the world ye will have tribulation, but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world.

what do you think of jesus' demeanor* in the prescense of both pilate and herod?

i think jesus' demeanor toward pilate and herod illustrated that this world is just s small part of a bigger existence and purpose.

what is your opinion of jesus demeanor?
How Jesus acted wasn't about him or what he had decided, everything he did was to fulfill prophesy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality