Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 06:50 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Regarding this statement:

"You are exactly where you are supposed to be, doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing, otherwise you would be somewhere else doing something else."

What is your reaction to it?

what is your response to it?

And how is it a part of your own personal "religion and spirituality" beliefs?
We are not always where we are supposed to be..many times we are in transition to where we need to be..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 07:17 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
I am not even sure if I am right where I am.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:21 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You can deny it all you want - but IMO, it’s the same process and same one direction for everyone. We are all moving towards the end of our lives. Everyone is going in that direction.

Those before us, have gone into that direction and those after us, will most likely also go in that direction .
I am not sure what you are talking about, but if it's either a god (pick your own) Plan for us, there is no shred of evidence for it. It's simply a Faith -claim, OR we are all born, live and die. So what?

Old 10-28-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
We are not always where we are supposed to be..many times we are in transition to where we need to be..
great point, we are ok if we are trying. If we are trying to hit the mark, even when we miss, we will be closer than if we just shoot with our eyes closed. I fear that the sleepers don't even know their eyes are closed.

It's hard not to give up. surrounded by insanity is like shoveling against a tide. they put up fake targets like they are real and forcibly tell the rest of us about their clarity logic and reason. Not knowing they put up the target they are shooting for. the target that I am trying to hit was there the moment the verse went bang.

How the universe works is secondary to how I make the universe work.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I am not sure what you are talking about, but if it's either a god (pick your own) Plan for us, there is no shred of evidence for it. It's simply a Faith -claim, OR we are all born, live and die. So what?
"deny everything no matter what" not a shred of science in deny everything.

how is that better?

Old 10-28-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't believe in free will because I don't believe in time, time is relative, and thus, it doesn't exist. Look up in the sky and you are looking 4 billions of years back in the past as if it is happening in real time when what you are looking at no longer exists, it's just your perspective, and you are already dead to somebody living elsewhere.
I don't believe in Free Will either, but I do believe in the Illusion of Free will, which actually does very well as a substitute, and of course is not affected by Time as it doesn't really exist.

(p.s) only the occurrences do, but like the paradox of the arrow, they do not actually occur in time as they could otherwise not individually occur. Just as the premise of the paradocx is false - 'an arrow is at rest somewhere'. So the events that cause the illusion of decision and choice that we call Free Will do happen but do not happen at particular points of time, or they could not "Happen" (occur in an instant of time) so, old mate, they are not subject to Time.

(p.p.s) and,so far as I am concerned, Arach is Exactly where he needs to be.

View PostOld Today, 02:24 PM
Remove user from ignore listArach Angle
This message is hidden because Arach Angle is on your ignore list.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:37 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Back to square one.
If there is no destiny then why are we all going in the same direction?

Old 10-28-2018, 07:45 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't believe in free will because I don't believe in time, time is relative, and thus, it doesn't exist. Look up in the sky and you are looking 4 billions of years back in the past as if it is happening in real time when what you are looking at no longer exists, it's just your perspective, and you are already dead to somebody living elsewhere.
Perhaps what you are saying is time is relative to space.

But then what else is not?

A football is 1 foot long when you hold it and measure it with a ruler tape.
But it’s a tiny piece of spec if sits on the ground and you look at it from the top of a 20 story building.
And it’s invisible if you try to look at it from the top of a 50 story building. So looks like it’s existence is relative to space.

Does the football exist?

Old 10-28-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Back to square one.
If there is no destiny then why are we all going in the same direction?
Back to square one for no good reason - I don't understand the 'direction' we are going in. I gave two alternatives - neither of which supported the idea of a Plan or Destony, and you just ignored that and just restated the Q.

It is, of course, familiar - The Atheists -stumper, which doesn't work, so you restate it (1) and demand that the atheist follow the script.

Don't go back to square 1 - address my rejoinder.

(1) there's a you tube...

...which I couldn't find.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-28-2018 at 09:06 AM..

Old 10-28-2018, 08:28 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't like the "supposed to" or the "doing" in that statement. I can agree with a person is where they are at because each stage is part of the process. I'm not supposed to be doing anything.
I agree with this and I appreciate the way you said it so simply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality