Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2018, 01:09 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,106,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
oh and just as a reminder, the Jews are less than 0.2% of the world population.
that is.....less than one 1% of the world population
.....less than half 0.5% of the world population
.....less than two/tenths of a percent 0.2% of the the world population is Jewish.
You do realize this feeds into the dislike of Jews.

1.4% (roughly) of the U.S. population. Yet:

33% of one branch of the U.S. Federal Government (would have been 44% had Garland been confirmed).

A very large over-representation of the Ivies (which undoubtedly produce America's "leaders").

Control of Google and Facebook (whose power we can argue how far reaching that is).

Old 11-11-2018, 02:30 PM

22,423 posts, read 19,304,533 times
So your logic is that if a group is smart and successful then they are hated? What were you saying about being a "free thinling person who can think for yourself?"

"more than five times as many Jews are eligible for Mensa (minimum 130 IQ) and more than five times as many have the average IQ of an Ivy League graduate.
In reality, Jews are enrolled in the Ivies by a proportion ten times greater than their numbers;.

"the proportion of Jews with IQs of 140 or higher is somewhere around six times the proportion of everyone else.”...4 out of every 1,000 Northern European is 140+ IQ, but 23 out of every 1,000 Jew is 140+.”... a report from sky-high up in the genius range, a study of school children with 170+ IQs revealed that 86% were Jewish.

"Nobel Prizes: Since 1950, 29% of the awards have gone to Jews, even though they represent only a small fraction of humanity. Ĺess than half a percent. Achievement in Nobel Prizes is 117 times greater than their population.
T his pace isn’t slowing down; it is accelerating. In the 21st century, Jews received 32% of Nobel Prizes and in 2011, for Nobel Prize winners 38% were Jewish."

https://ieet.org/index.php/IEET2/mor...issier20131211

Old 11-11-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
So your logic is that if a group is smart and successful then they are hated? ]

They are disliked for a variety of reasons, not just because they are "successful". There is a lot more to it than just disliking them for their success.

Many of the reasons have been pointed out in this thread, to try to speak to the OP's original question: Can someone explain what the hatred for the Jews is based on?

Old 11-11-2018, 02:40 PM

Of the one hundred leading virtuoso performers of the twentieth century listed.....
...approximately two-thirds of the violinists 67% are Jewish.
...half the cellists 50% are Jewish
...and 40% of the pianists are Jewish

Bear in mind that Jews represent only 0.2% of the world population. That is less than one half of one percent.

Of the one hundred leading conductors of the twentieth century, approximately 25% are Jews.

Among the leading classical composers, the Jewish representation is only about 10%, the most notable having been Felix Mendelssohn, Jacques Offenbach, Gustav Mahler, Arnold Schoenberg, George Gershwin, and Aaron Copland.

However Jewish composers have played a predominant role both in the development of the American musical theater and in the development of film music; approximately 40% of the Songwriters Hall of Fame is Jewish.

Academy Award for Best Original Song, 48% of recipients are Jewish
Academy Award for Best Musical Scoring of a Motion Picture 49% of recipients are Jewish
Tony Award for Best Musical Production 61% of recipients are Jewish
Tony Award for Best Original Score of a Musical 67% of recipients are Jewish

Old 11-11-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Of the one hundred leading virtuoso performers of the twentieth century listed.....

Bear in mind that Jews represent only 0.2% of the world population. That is less than one half of one percent.

Of the one hundred leading conductors of the twentieth century, approximately 25% are Jews.

Among the leading classical composers, the Jewish representation is only about 10%, the most notable having been Felix Mendelssohn, Jacques Offenbach, Gustav Mahler, Arnold Schoenberg, George Gershwin, and Aaron Copland.

However Jewish composers have played a predominant role both in the development of the American musical theater and in the development of film music; approximately 40% of the Songwriters Hall of Fame is Jewish.

Academy Award for Best Musical Scoring of a Motion Picture 49% of recipients are Jewish

Roughly 35% of NFL owners are Jewish
Roughly 50% of NBA owners are Jewish

Old 11-11-2018, 02:51 PM

Hate mongering is about those who choose to hate having darkness and blackness and rot at the core

Hate is like swallowing rat poison it destroys you from the inside. An ideology that teaches hate and teaches children to hate is like feeding battery acid to children.

Old 11-11-2018, 03:10 PM

35,265 posts, read 17,150,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
No. I'm not an expert on any religious law, Jewish or otherwise. I have however read many books about history in eastern Europe and other places. Some of that material was not approved by Western sensors (should be censors) so I guess I'm guilty of something.
Except during actual wartime there are no censors in most Western countries. I'm calling BS on that.

Quote:
The instance concerning my wife's family was told to me by my wife through her father one night while we were at dinner. I distinctly remember the conversation even though it almost 18 years ago. I have since found other little juicy bits that show me a pattern throughout history of behavior by some Jewish people that often does not endear them to their neighbors.
Examples please.

Quote:
Really. Look at Israel. It's a terrorist country IMO. They bombed the USS Liberty and it was not a mistake. I've seen videos of Zionists doing things to Palastinians that say nothing else to me.
Compared to most countries in the world Israel is a paragon of virtue.

Quote:
Are you an expert on Jewish law? If you are then you prove me wrong.
What Jewish legal issues are you disputing?

Old 11-11-2018, 03:15 PM

35,265 posts, read 17,150,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Roughly 35% of NFL owners are Jewish
Roughly 50% of NBA owners are Jewish
Are you saying that's bad?

Old 11-11-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Are you saying that's bad?
I was merely adding to Tzekiel's (or whatever his name is) list.

Old 11-11-2018, 03:37 PM

19,103 posts, read 27,696,540 times
Quote:

You mean - openly Jewish. The rest is those who chose not to advertise their blood. Oh don't I know plenty of Jews that are Scots, Irish, Italian, Polish, Georgians, Armenians, you name it.

Also, it is rather easier to accomplish something, when, say, critics are mostly Jewish. Or judges. Whoever makes a celebrity a celebrity. When you are backed up by big money or by blood connections. When even IQ test was designed by a Jew. Surely it'll work better for a Jewish mind. And one thing they are really well known for, is to side with their own. Go to Florida, major Jewish retirement state. Ask who they vote for. Anyone who is a Jew. Regardless of political platform.

Lion Feuchtwanger said - we are like monkeys. One climbs up to the top of the palm tree and rest uses his tail to follow.

So how successful you really are, if your success is promoted, favored and judgement is biased?

You want another success story? In 1932, out of 32 members of the USSR Politburo, 28 were Jews and the rest were married to Jews. And those were the folks that ruled the country through its about most bloody period. How about 80% of ranking officers in GPU/NKVD being Jews?

But what will happen, this will be immediately called "antisemitic propaganda" and "hatred". No matter how true it is.

While it is god's burden, placed on the people he chose. Ever since Moses times, when they stepped away from the Law and created themselves a false idol. Remember that story? Do you really think, that idol was forgotten?

No need to listen to me. I don't even know my father. Maybe listen to your sages then:

One of the most famous images in the Talmud is that portrayed by Rav Avdimi in Shabbat 88a; G-d held Mt Sinai over the heads of the Children of Israel and threatened: if you accept the Torah – fine, but if not – this will be your burial spot. Rav Avdimi derives this from the words in Exodus 19:17 b’tahtit hahar (see source #1). Rav Avdimi was not the first sage to use the image of the mountain being held over the heads of the children of Israel.

And that is the burden hovering over those, who stepped away from The Law. In its various manifestations. Disliked included.

At least, something religious in this thread now.

Last edited by ukrkoz; 11-11-2018 at 03:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality