Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 07:30 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ok?...

Google didn't "invent" anything. And certainly not Youtube. They were just more cutthroat than any other search engine in their quest for domination.

I NEVER liked Google - back when I was first on the Internet I never used that service. But all of a sudden, they have crushed everyone around them like bugs. They are nothing spectacular - they were just more vicious in their acquisition of power. With all their ethics issues lately and their agenda, I refuse to even use their "services" anymore. Though we almost don't have a choice but to use their "services" with how brutal their takeover of everything has been. Android, Maps, searches...they monopolized all of it in such a short time it's frightening.

Just to remind you the history of search engines:

https://www.wordstream.com/articles/...ngines-history

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post

That is certainly a way to attract some ire and hatred from other groups. When you go around claiming people to be in your group who themselves claim they do not want to be - you are going to attract some ire. Rightly too. .
It's not about "claiming" anyone. DNA tests today indicate JEWISH BLOOD in their searches.

My great uncle married a holocaust survivor who's father was JEWISH (even if he wasn't "Jewish") and a mother who was German. Because as you may know the religion is passed down maternally. Talk about confusing.

As I said, they are a "ethno-religious" group.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:48 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
I watched a vid. on the top ten (I luv top tens some people hate them) bad corporate decisions (Xerox, Blockbusteer, Kodak, Nokia etc) and Google could have been eaten up by some of the existing search engines of the time. They failed to see the potential and Google simply took off. They couldn't crush anybody if they hadn't the better mousetrap and the world hadn't beaten a path to their door. You might as well castigate Boeing for dominating the aircraft industry, or Japanese makes dominating the car industry. And both of them -and Google - know that there is always competition. Airbus now has half the airline market and Japan knows that Korea is a huge competitor; and China, as soon as it makes its' own stuff and stops peddling counterfeits, could see Japan off.

Appropros of nowt much, my mother was (East European) Jewish on her father's side. He married a Gentile and was Excluded from Judaism. For which she never forgave them. Her hatred of Jews may be one reason I have always rather liked 'em. Oh, she married an anglicised Irish catholic and they brought me up as a census Christian, which means that we Did (Anglican) religion, but didn't believe a word of it.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:50 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Google didn't "invent" anything. And certainly not Youtube. They were just more cutthroat than any other search engine in their quest for domination.

I NEVER liked Google - back when I was first on the Internet I never used that service. But all of a sudden, they have crushed everyone around them like bugs. They are nothing spectacular - they were just more vicious in their acquisition of power. With all their ethics issues lately and their agenda, I refuse to even use their "services" anymore. Though we almost don't have a choice but to use their "services" with how brutal their takeover of everything has been. Android, Maps, searches...they monopolized all of it in such a short time it's frightening.

Just to remind you the history of search engines:

https://www.wordstream.com/articles/...ngines-history

It's not about "claiming" anyone. DNA tests today indicate JEWISH BLOOD in their searches.

My great uncle married a holocaust survivor who's father was JEWISH (even if he wasn't "Jewish") and a mother who was German. Because as you may know the religion is passed down maternally. Talk about confusing.

As I said, they are a "ethno-religious" group.
Jewishness is passed maternally not the religion...

Old 11-09-2018, 12:44 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,427,642 times
Quote:
My point was that they may have been responsible for the condition of the availability of the video in order to add weight to their claim of being censored...You are not a deep thinker, are you?
Your personal insults only let you down not me - as I said you really need to keep up. The people who's video I watched which was censored were not the ones claiming to have been censored. How could they be? The video I watched was recorded _before_ it was censored. Are you even trying to make sense? You certainly are not in a position to be commenting on the depth of thought of anyone else when your depth of thought appears to be based entirely on making stuff up.

No - there was no one in the video claiming to have been censored or that they themselves were being censored. Nor did I say there was. You simply made that up out of nowhere - and then used your invention to pretend there is something wrong with my thinking on the matter.

To correct you _Again_ therefore. The people being interviewed in the video claim that places like You Tube is censoring the videos and data that support anti-semitic claims. They then go on after that to claim that A) Their realization that the Jews are bad came from watching videos on you tube and B) they still cite and link to those videos when trying to support those claims because the videos are still there, uncensored.

And they seem happy to massively contradict themselves in this way without - seemingly - even noticing having done it. But since they are the kind of people who also believe 9-11 was an inside job - nasa are hiding alien dead bodies in Area 51 - and that many humans are actually lizard people in human disguise - this is hardly surprising is it?

To repeat this a third time to hammer it home - you are conflating the censoring of _this_ video I am speaking of with the entirely separate and unconnected claims of censorship _within_ the video which were claims of _other_ people being censored and not the claims that anyone in the video was themselves censored. They are two entirely different things and your error in conflating them is a failure on your part - yet you pretend it is one on mine - and you would do well to learn the differences.

Quote:
The other reply is that, even though a Jew converts to another religion that Jew does not get kicked out of the family and end up “burning in Hell forever” like some other religions claim if one leaves their religion...Thatvone is still considered a Jew, albeit a wayward one...
And as I said that is a great way to attract ire towards your group. If someone does not want to identify as part of a group - but that group claims them any way - then rightly they attract ire for that. But the Jews are in no ways unique in this as I said. Recently the Mormons and the Catholics have been the most egregious examples of it. The former claiming people after they are dead and so can not protest - and the latter literally changing canon law itself to close a rule that was allowing formal defection from the religion.

Quote:
Jewishness is passed maternally not the religion...
In your opinion. That is not an opinion that is globally shared however. Go talk to someone of Karaite Judaism sometime for example. While some have also changed halakhic requirements so that a child of any Jewish parent - regardless of gender - can claim a Jewish identity.

And - more importantly I feel - such a child who does not claim Jewish identity under this reform is considered to have forfeited his/her Jewish identity.

So this need to claim people as Jewish who do not claim it themselves - or who claim it is only and solely maternal in nature - are not the sole and only opinion or approach out there. So let us stop pretending they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Sure - I have always wondered what is "Jewish blood" exactly? My Grandparents were catholic. Do I have "catholic blood"?

As I said claiming people to be in a group when the people being claimed do not want to be in that group is going to attract ire. Pretending that a _culture or religion_ is passed genetically is going to be an example of that. If your blood shows you are the descendent of someone who was Jewish - great. They are part of a lineage and no one has an issue with that.

Claiming that makes them themselves anything _but_ related to someone who was Jewish though - not so much. That is where the nonsense starts. This conflation of bloodlines with religion and culture is not unique with the Jewish religion but it is certainly not as common as other religious trends and I think it is a poor and dangerous move to be making.

We are related by descent to people who believed all kinds of complete nonsense and had all kinds of unusual cultures. Why pick one specific example of evidence devoid nonsense and claim it is passed somehow genetically - when all the rest was not. This has never made sense to me. A strong distinction needs to be drawn between the religion of a person now - and the religion his ancestors happened to have.

If they want to do that internally however - even if I think it is nonsense - then more power to them. I neither care nor am concerned about it. My concern lies with the people who say _themselves_ that _they_ do not follow or identify in that way. If someone tells me they are not Jewish - then I am fine with that. If someone _else_ tells me "no hang on, they are" well I know where they can put their opinions.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:52 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
Though all religions I checked denounce usury (charging interest), Judaism allows usury when dealing with non-Jews. Hence the proliferation of Jewish bankers.
Not good...

Even Jesus whipped the money changers (usurers) out of the temple.
Ezekiel 18:13 (KJV) lists usury as a death sentence.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:54 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,266,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Though all religions I checked denounce usury (charging interest), Judaism allows usury when dealing with non-Jews. Hence the proliferation of Jewish bankers.
Not good...

Some religions do not allow the taking of interest from others (Hinduism, for example, allows interest but not exorbitant amounts). Judaism allows taking interest on loans given to non-coreligionists. So Jews were allowed to have jobs that were not allowed to Christians, like money lender and tax collector. It also forced Jews into jobs that were looked down on and vilified by Christians.

The people in the temple, BTW, were money changers who were performing a necessary (and biblical) function.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:30 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Recently the Mormons and the Catholics have been the most egregious examples of it. The former claiming people after they are dead and so can not protest - and the latter literally changing canon law itself to close a rule that was allowing formal defection from the religion.
Regarding baptisms for the dead, you are evidently clueless as to how this works.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:58 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Not good...

SO.... do you use credit cards?

Old 11-09-2018, 09:44 AM

50,838 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Regarding baptisms for the dead, you are evidently clueless as to how this works.
Then why don't you enlighten us as to exactly how Adolf Hitler, Frank Sinatra, and many others have been baptized after death by Mormons.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:02 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
we can't ignore why people "hate" Jews, Christians, and others. Usually its due to what some in their ranks do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality