Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2018, 06:24 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Then why don't you enlighten us as to exactly how Adolf Hitler, Frank Sinatra, and many others have been baptized after death by Mormons.
Briefly, since I don't want to derail the thread, the statement was made that we "[claim] people after they are dead and so can not protest." We do perform posthumous baptisms by proxy for our deceased ancestors (we're not supposed to do so for anyone other than our own ancestors, even though some people, unfortunately, disregard this directive), but we definitely don't think that we can force someone who is dead to become a Mormon simply by performing a baptism on his behalf. And if other people do, they obviously must think we have supernatural powers. We perform baptisms with the understanding that (1) the spirit of the person who died is still a cognizant being and that it's only the physical body that is "dead" and (2) that this cognizant being is totally free to either accept or reject the baptism. No baptism is valid without genuine conversion by the person for whom it was performed. That's enough for now. As I said, I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll leave it at that.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:49 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Your personal insults only let you down not me - as I said you really need to keep up. The people who's video I watched which was censored were not the ones claiming to have been censored. How could they be? The video I watched was recorded _before_ it was censored. Are you even trying to make sense? You certainly are not in a position to be commenting on the depth of thought of anyone else when your depth of thought appears to be based entirely on making stuff up.

No - there was no one in the video claiming to have been censored or that they themselves were being censored. Nor did I say there was. You simply made that up out of nowhere - and then used your invention to pretend there is something wrong with my thinking on the matter.

To correct you _Again_ therefore. The people being interviewed in the video claim that places like You Tube is censoring the videos and data that support anti-semitic claims. They then go on after that to claim that A) Their realization that the Jews are bad came from watching videos on you tube and B) they still cite and link to those videos when trying to support those claims because the videos are still there, uncensored.

And they seem happy to massively contradict themselves in this way without - seemingly - even noticing having done it. But since they are the kind of people who also believe 9-11 was an inside job - nasa are hiding alien dead bodies in Area 51 - and that many humans are actually lizard people in human disguise - this is hardly surprising is it?

To repeat this a third time to hammer it home - you are conflating the censoring of _this_ video I am speaking of with the entirely separate and unconnected claims of censorship _within_ the video which were claims of _other_ people being censored and not the claims that anyone in the video was themselves censored. They are two entirely different things and your error in conflating them is a failure on your part - yet you pretend it is one on mine - and you would do well to learn the differences.

And as I said that is a great way to attract ire towards your group. If someone does not want to identify as part of a group - but that group claims them any way - then rightly they attract ire for that. But the Jews are in no ways unique in this as I said. Recently the Mormons and the Catholics have been the most egregious examples of it. The former claiming people after they are dead and so can not protest - and the latter literally changing canon law itself to close a rule that was allowing formal defection from the religion.

In your opinion. That is not an opinion that is globally shared however. Go talk to someone of Karaite Judaism sometime for example. While some have also changed halakhic requirements so that a child of any Jewish parent - regardless of gender - can claim a Jewish identity.

And - more importantly I feel - such a child who does not claim Jewish identity under this reform is considered to have forfeited his/her Jewish identity.

So this need to claim people as Jewish who do not claim it themselves - or who claim it is only and solely maternal in nature - are not the sole and only opinion or approach out there. So let us stop pretending they are.

Sure - I have always wondered what is "Jewish blood" exactly? My Grandparents were catholic. Do I have "catholic blood"?

As I said claiming people to be in a group when the people being claimed do not want to be in that group is going to attract ire. Pretending that a _culture or religion_ is passed genetically is going to be an example of that. If your blood shows you are the descendent of someone who was Jewish - great. They are part of a lineage and no one has an issue with that.

Claiming that makes them themselves anything _but_ related to someone who was Jewish though - not so much. That is where the nonsense starts. This conflation of bloodlines with religion and culture is not unique with the Jewish religion but it is certainly not as common as other religious trends and I think it is a poor and dangerous move to be making.

We are related by descent to people who believed all kinds of complete nonsense and had all kinds of unusual cultures. Why pick one specific example of evidence devoid nonsense and claim it is passed somehow genetically - when all the rest was not. This has never made sense to me. A strong distinction needs to be drawn between the religion of a person now - and the religion his ancestors happened to have.

If they want to do that internally however - even if I think it is nonsense - then more power to them. I neither care nor am concerned about it. My concern lies with the people who say _themselves_ that _they_ do not follow or identify in that way. If someone tells me they are not Jewish - then I am fine with that. If someone _else_ tells me "no hang on, they are" well I know where they can put their opinions.
You really don’t know what you are talking about, the maternally passed Jewishness is in the Torah, Halacha is based off of what is written in the Torah...

Old 11-10-2018, 07:07 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I never in all my years, being surrounded by Christians, ever knew or met any Christian who ever said a single negative thing about the Jewish people.
Except that they are not "saved." Right?

Old 11-10-2018, 12:57 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,118,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Because they aren’t, unless they converted to Christ. You can be a Christian Jew.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Because they aren’t, unless they converted to Christ. You can be a Christian Jew.
The only people who require saving are Christian fundies.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:30 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The only people who require saving are Christian fundies.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:01 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Pittsburgh synagogue gunman told SWAT he wanted all Jews to die, criminal complaint says
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/28/us/pi...ing/index.html

Is hated for the Jews based entirely on the belief that the Jews were responsible for the death of Jesus? Or is there more to it than that?
My second wife was from a family of merchants in Belarus for many generations. They had a policy of never dealing with Jewish people. Why? They were Gentiles.

Jewish peoples have their own laws and customs in their groups. Some of these are not conducive to good relations with other groups. Example. If a Jewish manufacturer has 2 contracts to fulfill, one to a fellow Jew and the other to a Gentile the manufacturer is obligated to fulfill the obligation to the fellow Jew BEFORE the Gentile. This applies under ANY condition and ANY obligation. Including payments of debts.

Would you like to do business with people who thought like that?

There's many more things out there if you dig.

It seems to me that Jewish people bring a lot of the hatred on themselves for whatever reason.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:15 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Jesus didn't come offering a marriage to Jews to become Jews. Jesus didn't come offering a betrothal to Jews to be Israel, they are already the chosen, Jesus came to add to the nation.

The ten lost tribes known as the kingdom of Ephraim, known as the house of Israel was ended and God scattered these people to all nations because of their unbelief, because they called the Torah a strange thing and converted to pagan holy days....

Paul was a member of Israel, not Judah, and the house of Israel have never been Jews...

What people are always assuming is that when Paul speaks about his own people being wiped out for unbelief, he isn't speaking of Jews, he is speaking of the Northern kingdom and how they died because they separated from Judah and the ways of Jerusalem in their unbelief for the Torah...

These poeple were never Jews, they were a completely different nation with a completely different religion. For instance, most people would assume that the stories of Elijah are about Jews when Elijah was not sent to Judah, he was sent to Israel, and no Jews were thre when Elijah did all his miracles in calling down fire...

Elijah went up before God and said,'' Lord, I am the only person in the kingdom of Ephraim who has not become a pagan by keeping pagan holy days.''

God informed Elijah that he had a reserved elect of 7000 men, and it is tnis elect that Paul speaks of because he was one of those 7000 Israelis who became a Jew because he lived with Jews as a Jew.............God has never ended Judah, and Jews have never needed a betrothal to marry a Jew to become a Jew. They were already chosen and Jesus just came adding to their saved nation. They aren't supposed to believe in Jesus.

The brothers of Joseph all rejected Joseph and the life of Jesus mirrors the life of Joseph. When the brothers of Joseph found out that he was their brother, they were afraid because they had rejected him, but Joseph tells them that they had to do what they had to do in order that the whole world was saved, and not only did Joseph find no fault for their rejection, they were allowed to choose any land they so desired, and Joseph appointed them the head shepherds across the land and this is very symbolic because of what the word,'' Shepherd,'' really means.

Those brothers who rejected Joseph were rewarded and authorized to be the heads of Egypt......

Jesus has to do the exact same thing, and so we see this happening in the prophets where God comes to have a face to face with all Israel and he transforms them into immotals while the whole world looks on........God says that he makes them righteous because they have his name in their forehead, and because of his name, he forgives them everything and then gathers the whole world to their feet because they see what God has done for Judah, and they want the same.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:26 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
gathers the whole world to their feet because they see what God has done for Judah, and they want the same.
Isn't this more or less what the Protocols spells out?

Please clarify for me if you will.

It's hard to keep track of every Tom, D-ck and Harry on this site and where everyone stands, but I thought you were a hater of Christianity?

Old 11-10-2018, 03:45 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Isn't this more or less what the Protocols spells out?

Please clarify for me if you will.

It's hard to keep track of every Tom, D-ck and Harry on this site and where everyone stands, but I thought you were a hater of Christianity?
You learn all the scripture about the feast of Tabernacles like Joel 3 explaining the feast of Tabernacle, or Zechariah 14 explaining the feast of Tabernacles, along with very many prophesies from other prophets that show us exactly what happens in the fall Holy days. Rosh Hashanah has a specific purpose of judging the gentile nations in how they treated Israel, and the feast of Tabernacles transforms all Jews into immortals as we see in Zechariah 14 and other places in Zechariah.....Zechariah 14 is about the last day of Tabernacles called,'' Shemini Atzeret.'' Pentecost is the Passover Atzeret, or conclusion day where the rains are promised. The rain of Pentecost fell as a light dew because such a flood comes in the fall, that only a dew is prayed for. On Shemini Atzeret, a double portion of rain falls that is paralleled with the rain of Noah because it is an overwhelming flood that circumcises all flesh, this rain of spirit promised doesn't give power like it did at Pentecost, it transforms and takes away flesh where a person is no longer human.

We see this rain in Zechariah 14 where everyone in Judah has been tranformed into immortals, and the great hope we see is that after Judah has been transformed, the nations are advised to keep the feast of Tabernacles so they will also obtain the rain...That scripture gives more hope than any other scripture I can imagine because after the Pentecost of the fall, and after the spirit of rain has transformed Judah, it is then offered to the whole world.

The whole world sees what happens to the Jews, and then a universal prophesy takes place where the whole world becomes one single religion.......

What people should see is a repeat of Noah's flood that is going to kill all flesh, but instead of worldwide death, we are shown worldwide life. Look at the rain of Pentecost, at the first Pentecost, 3000 people died, but at the second Pentecost, 3000 people were saved. At the first great flood, it killed the whole world, but the coming world wide flood is going to save the whole world.........God is coming to save the world by evolving humankind that we stop destroying the Earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.