Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2018, 10:12 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,468,191 times

Advertisements

The only religious people I see persecuted on a large scale today are Muslims. Just because some crazy person shot up a synagogue and said crazy person things, doesn't mean people hate Jews. And people don't hate Jews. Saying so is just an easy way to manipulate reactions and press.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:18 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Of the various Jews that I have been acquainted with during the course of my life, I would not have suspected that they were in any way "different" from anyone else if they had not at some point told me that they were Jewish. In fact, most of the Jews that I have encountered are as atheist as I am. Jews are not a separate genetic race unto themselves, just as Christians are not a separate genetic race unto themselves. If a person has no religious beliefs, including Jewish religious beliefs, what exactly makes them Jewish? After all, I stopped being a Christian when I stopped believing in Christianity.

The violence and hatred directed at Jewish people seems to be based on differences in religious convictions, just as the violence by Islamic extremists against the west is based on differences in religious convictions. And yet there is no general outrage being directed at the root cause of the violence and hatred, which is religion itself!
It isn't just a religion. It's also a 'tribe'/ethnic group.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:32 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I believe he is trying to say that Jews were the main force behind the propagation of communist ideas, and the vast majority of early communist leaders. If there hadn't been any Jews in Russia, there would have been no communism. The same can be said about feminism in the West.

So, to answer the OP's question : people don't like Jews because they hold beliefs and ideas opposite to those of their host nations and eventually succeed in shaping these societies according to their own worldview through mass propaganda. This is why the Pittsburgh shooter attacked that specific synagogue where a lot of liberal activism actually takes place with the help of a $42M budget.
This is my (very general) understanding. However I have recently gotten very confused with how this fits with Orthodox Jews, and more especially with ultra-orthodox,who have very conservative values.

Maybe that is a whole other topic. The divide between Orthodox and non.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
The only religious people I see persecuted on a large scale today are Muslims. Just because some crazy person shot up a synagogue and said crazy person things, doesn't mean people hate Jews. And people don't hate Jews. Saying so is just an easy way to manipulate reactions and press.
It's a way to shut down a conversation. (playing the 'anti-Semite' card. Someone asked upthread whether a thread about why are Muslims hated would be received here. I can't speak for this section, but I see vile, bigoted things said about Muslims all the time on CD and nothing happens when I report it.

This is very common on forums and IRL. They are the only people that others can hate on w/o reproach. They can be called a death cult and worse.

For some reason, discussions about Jews are always heavily monitored but not Muslims. Christians either, but the Christian hatred is a bit different from Muslims.

Anyway, I have always wondered why people hate Jews and I like this thread. As another poster said, stating a reason does not mean one agrees with it.

For instance this theory that Jews want to change our society as mentioned above. I don't really understand that theory totally, but I don't understand what is wrong with merely seeking TO understand the theory, why some people believe it, etc. It's not endorsing something to merely understand it.

I have heard it said that Jews control the media and put homosexuality in our faces and other things, to shape our society. I flat do not get it. I always saw that as merely a liberal thing, and I personally agree with it.

Will and Grace and Ellen helped people relate to gays as..............human beings! Good! But I have a genuine question re: how is it really or supposedly in Jews' best interests to 'destroy' our society by changing it?

Last edited by jencam; 11-10-2018 at 11:05 PM..

Old 11-11-2018, 03:47 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
so he is citing a fabrication?

Old 11-11-2018, 03:59 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Our local synagogue often has police parked outside. We even have neo Nazi graffiti (often with anti neo Nazi graffiti next to it).

While the neo Nazis (who are often too stupid to draw a swastika correctly) usually attack Islam, this hatred of Judaism still exists, even in Germany.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:17 AM

7,596 posts, read 4,165,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
People do dislike the Jews because of the Protocols, whether it is a real book or not (or whether or not it was written about them).
So hate comes from ignorance?

Old 11-11-2018, 04:23 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,266,137 times
Quote:
So, to answer the OP's question : people don't like Jews because they hold beliefs and ideas opposite to those of their host nations and eventually succeed in shaping these societies according to their own worldview through mass propaganda. This is why the Pittsburgh shooter attacked that specific synagogue where a lot of liberal activism actually takes place with the help of a $42M budget.
2 questions:

1. What is the Jewish world view?
2. How do the Jews use "mass propaganda"?

Old 11-11-2018, 04:33 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,266,137 times
Quote:
I would suggest that the number of incidents and the geographic diversity indicates that this is about more than one crazy person shooting up a synagogue. France recently reported a 69% uptick in anti-Semitic acts. Recent attacks on Jews in Texas, Massachusetts and Berlin speak to something more pervasive than one crazy person. Statistics seem to bear out that anti-Semitism is a real thing. Saying so is an accurate way of reporting the news.

Old 11-11-2018, 05:03 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
The popularity of Protocols of the Elders of Zion and Mein Kampf belies that statement.
Quote:
I believe he is trying to say that Jews were the main force behind the propagation of communist ideas, and the vast majority of early communist leaders. If there hadn't been any Jews in Russia, there would have been no communism.
If there had not been severe persecution of the Jews, think Kisinev, Jews would not have flocked to communism.

Quote:
Are you saying all of the synagogue's budget was devoted to activism?

Old 11-11-2018, 07:39 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
I never claimed to be an expert on Jewish law. You made a positive claim about the law and I assumed that you wouldn't make such a claim without the ability to substantiate it with actual proof. I see I was wrong and that you are simply parroting what someone passed along as hearsay 18 years ago. That's fine. Thank you for clarifying your position and lack of expertise as you make unsupported claims. It does help when assessing the potential validity of other things you write.
You’re more of an expert than him, Rabbi...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality