Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2018, 04:22 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Moderator cut: Quoted post removed.
Certain Jews killed Jesus according to the fictional gospels.

The Talmud hardly mentions Jesus. And when it does, it says he was stoned to death after being in prison for one month. This occurred some time before 70 BC, in Pella. His five disciples were also stoned to death.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-13-2018 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Quoted post removed.

Old 11-13-2018, 07:17 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am saying that Jews being alive today has ZERO to do with Christianity. It doesn't matter that the world has always wanted to kill them, and it doesn't matter if they have allies at all, they have God.

They have been the only people in history who continue to follow God and the Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur is appointed and reserved for judging all Gentiles in how they treated Israel.

Why should God come judging the nations in how they treated Israel?

Because God created his own religion and he demanded his people to keep it as long as they are a people. As long as they continue to follow God's religion, they will be persecuted and hated for being the only people in the history of the world brave enough to continue following God.

If I was a God and I created my own religion and my own people to keep my own religion, what should be done to all the people who have persecuted my people for doing what I demanded them to do?

God is a jealous God and the nations should realize that Anti Semitism is when you hate people for following God.

Christianity was not brave enough to keep God's ways, after the Jewish war, you keep the Passover and people hate you.

If the world had treated my people in the way the Jews have been treated for following God, I would break out of my place with a river of fire before me and ashes in my wake.
This "we are the only people who's religion is right and we are the only people who should succeed" stuff sounds an awful lot like the agenda in the "fictional" book we've been discussing around here lately.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:09 AM

22,201 posts, read 19,233,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
This "we are the only people who's religion is right and we are the only people who should succeed" stuff sounds an awful lot like the agenda in the "fictional" book we've been discussing around here lately.
Judaism recognizes that everyone has access to God regardless of their religion.
Therefore Judaism does not proselytize. Judaism promotes God and monotheism. Judaism does not seek converts.

Unlike Christianity and Islam which insist "their way" is the "only way" and conversion is a cornerstone of their ideology, including forced conversion seen through history, and death for those who do not convert.

Do you see the difference between saying "everyone has access to God regardless of religion"
and "only way to God is through joining a club named Islam or Christianity"

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 11-13-2018 at 10:38 AM..

Old 11-13-2018, 12:29 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That’s why we don’t proselytize, we believe that everyone has access to G-d...
But you are the only ones God has deigned to "write His Truth in your hearts" isn't that correct?????

Old 11-13-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But you are the only ones God has deigned to "write His Truth in your hearts" isn't that correct?????
what part of "everyone has access to God regardless of their religion" is so hard for you to understand?
it is that simple. and yet you seem unable to grasp it.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:34 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,266,137 times
Quote:
I don't think that that is true.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
neither do I.
Quote:
nope. that's not what Judaism teaches.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:45 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
I was pointing out Jeremiah 31 and what it states about who the New Covenant is with and who’s hearts G-d specially writes His Torah on....

Old 11-13-2018, 01:30 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Christians follow God. Jesus came to show us a new way. I don't get into who is right or wrong about that, I don't think man can know, but it's not right to say only Jews follow God. I think Muslims do too. We all believe in the same God, just a little differently.
God is not confused about his own religion, tell me what other people have ever follwed God's recorded religion? Cristianity does practice God's religion, Christians have always been against anyone keeping God's religion.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:34 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
neither do I.

nope. that's not what Judaism teaches.
It isn't even what the N T teaches. Paul says that Righteousness is written on Everyone's heart, Jews and Gentiles alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
God is not confused about his own religion, tell me what other people have ever follwed God's recorded religion? Cristianity does practice God's religion, Christians have always been against anyone keeping God's religion.
Jews and Muslims. Christianity is a perversion of it, by Paul. There y'go.

You're welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality