Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 09:49 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,424,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
My neighbor is having a very negative issue in her life and she believes her apt is full of demons. I don't buy that thinking. She's a born again for starters. We have an old history but don't agree on this demonic stuff and believes my pendulum RoseAnn is demonic. I'd like to help her but chances are she won't "hear me"..

About me, I believed for MOST of my life in a god and often believed in the man named Jesus who were told walked the earth 1000's of years ago. I was buying that and could be...we'll never know.

I just decided to ask RoseAnn is there ever was a god and got a strong negative swing...meaning strongly no.

Then I decided to ask RoseAnn if a man named Jesus ever walked this earth and got a strong negative swing as well, another NO.

How about all those bible stories?

On the above two, I don't know and started questioning all of it probably 50 yrs ago when my catholic faith was majorally torn apart.
It is very possible to have faith in universal intelligence without following any particular religious dogma. Christianity is particularly dogmatic. I think there is a lot of truth in it, but that truth is unfortunately drowning in irrational dogma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 11:07 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
It is very possible to have faith in universal intelligence without following any particular religious dogma. Christianity is particularly dogmatic. I think there is a lot of truth in it, but that truth is unfortunately drowning in irrational dogma.
My belief is being as good to each other and helpful and then all the other stuff we pick up along the way, just adds some FUN touches and some truths too, perhaps....like the pendulum. Working with mine has brought a large amount of pleasure to my life.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:01 PM

19,037 posts, read 27,614,590 times
Btw, his name was not Jesus. His name was Yeshua. With accent on the -u at the end. So no, man named Jesus never walked on the surface of the Earth. though, I am aware of easily likely few million of them in Hispanic countries.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:02 PM

19,037 posts, read 27,614,590 times
Yeshua ga'Notsri, to be exact. You have to ask right question to have right answer.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:18 PM

Still got a Strong No Swing with both names. We were not there and no one of us will ever know.

And as far as how all this came about, I really don't care. I just know I've had a good ride and will do my best until the end of the ride.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:34 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,066,661 times
Quote:
I've been using a Pendulum for probably 15 yrs, some healers I've gone to like some chiropractors use this work and muscle testing which is about the same....ENERGY WORK. And some integrative MD's I've gone to even use muscle testing aka Kineosology.

I find it fascinating and would like to hear from others who have use this Energy Work.

Some want to believe it's witchcraft and I do not buy into that for a moment.

https://www.paganspath.com/meta/pendulum.htm

There is a lot I don't need or want to know, and don't go there for everything. But some things, YES.

It kinda gives me some guidance but I don't live my life by it alone.
You are confusing spiritualism with spirituality.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:10 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,226,396 times
Quote:
I've been using a Pendulum for probably 15 yrs, some healers I've gone to like some chiropractors use this work and muscle testing which is about the same....ENERGY WORK. And some integrative MD's I've gone to even use muscle testing aka Kineosology.

I find it fascinating and would like to hear from others who have use this Energy Work.

Some want to believe it's witchcraft and I do not buy into that for a moment.

https://www.paganspath.com/meta/pendulum.htm

There is a lot I don't need or want to know, and don't go there for everything. But some things, YES.

It kinda gives me some guidance but I don't live my life by it alone.

I've never heard of this. Thank you for the link. I read it all but did not see the answer to my question of who other than "great spirits, guides and unseen forces" Who or what is guiding the pendulum to answer the questions asked of it and is that force specific to any organized religion??

Old 11-01-2018, 09:05 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Oh my gosh I hurt myself, so went to my first Chiropractor in 1978, at Cleveland Circle in Boston (he's still there)...
He did AK, Applied Kinesiology (which, of course now you can get a degree in College for now) .
I wouldn't go to anyone that didn't use it...otherwise they're just guessing.

No witchy stuff about it...the body knows everything on the subconscious level, is the point...
Oooo, scary, must be the devil!
(Sorry, I am seldom sarcastic... ignorance, coupled with judgment and closed-mindedness is getting hard for me to take lately on forums.
I AM taking a break, cuz of it.)

Old 11-01-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I've never heard of this. Thank you for the link. I read it all but did not see the answer to my question of who other than "great spirits, guides and unseen forces" Who or what is guiding the pendulum to answer the questions asked of it and is that force specific to any organized religion??
One has to learn how to present comments...can't ask pendulum questions. Present a statement and let the pendulum do it's energy. Just like when I did it a couple weeks ago about who will Not be the next president.

It's all in posing statements, pendulum can only give a positive or negative response (swing).

My good friend who talks about spirit guides a lot, does this work all the time. It guides her on decisions of supplements she buys for starters.

Some might want to know how long they are going to live. I don't want to know that. So I don't go there.

But a person can say: I'm going to live to be 100, and the pendulum will give a positive or negative response, or say: Am I going to be live to be 100.

Again, I programmed my pendulum when I got it about 15 yrs ago and it's programmed in my name.

The history of the pendulum is long long ago...did you read the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality